Ratings for Dr. Charles W. Mercier

He did hip surgery on my mother and she never walked again. When I had him paged while she was in the hospital for excruciating pain, he said that he would deal with it the next day. There is so much more but cannot write in on the internet. Would recommended him to a dead dog.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

At least 20 minutes late on multiple occasions. Very dismissive and tends to interrupt. Would not recommend.

Submitted December 12, 2014

Great guy! Very calm and kind. Short visits but does a great job.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Absolutely rock-bottom, in my experience. His version of an "exam" was to literally cursorily lightly rap his knuckle along my back, and because I didn't say "ow," I guess, "I'm fine" (2 years later, and disabled, not quite, doc). Consistently late (once, 2 1/2 hours late, but as he was far away from my home, I needed to keep the appointment), he is one of the poorest physicians I've ever dealt with - absolutely uncaring, the antithesis of an engaged diagnostician, and, without exaggeration, from all I could tell, decidedly working for insurance company interests, and not patients needing care. I couldn't recommend him to anyone, under any circumstances.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009

I had surgery to remove a cyst and he would not give me the time of day to even answer questions. prior to surgery, I saw him less than 4 minutes. thinking this was routine, i went ahead with it. With one month the cyst is back. He scraped my scab with his bare fingernail and told me i was fine. VERY unprofessional, VERY uncaring, VERY poor relations

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

Went to this guy with a fractured ankle. Gave me an aircast and said to come back in 2 weeks. Came back in 2 weeks, they took x-rays and I was on my way. Went back three weeks later. He did not even tell me to take my shoe off to look at the ankle. He just told me to wear the aircast for four more weeks and everything should be fine. When I asked him about physical therapy, he said I would not need it. He said I should be running in 6-8 weeks total. I went to a physical therapist on my own and he discoverd that I would need to have it rehabbed. It is now 9 weeks since the accident and after 3 weeks of physical therapy, I am able to jog for very short periods of time. I am not blaming him for the ankle not healing quickly, but I do think that he should have kept a better eye on the injury and put together a plan for the healing process. It seemed like he was just trying to get as many people in and out of his office as quickly as possible. He did not seem very concerned.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2008

PERFORMS SURGURY , WHAT EVER OUT COME HE WILL SAY NOT HIS PROBLEM. HES WANTS YOU TO LIVE WITH THAT. BLAMES PROBLEM ON OTHER THINGS. DOES NOT LIVE UP TP TRUTH AND HIS MISTAKES.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2008

Dr. Charles W. Mercier's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1972)