Ratings for Dr. Neil Stewart

I used to go to him, but After he said my family was dysfunctional because of my sons actions I dumped his “doctor” like a hot potato. He would not give me a referral to a child Dr. I went to a walk-in, The referral the same day and have not been back to him.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

I had seen this doctor for many years, he always played down symptoms as being nothing. Not long ago I went to him and needed to get a mamogram. This doctor refused to give me a referral and told me to go and find a place to do it. This was an emergency situation! When I couldn't get in anywhere for up to a month I called him. He basically called me a liar and told me he didn't believe that. A few weeks later I was diagnosed elsewhere with stage 4 breast cancer. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone who needs medical help!!!!

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

My introduction to Dr. Neil Stewart occurred in Emergency early in the 1970's. I had been in a snowmobile accident and injured my knee. He was caring and very aware that I was in pain and more importantly "terrified". I had to have xrays, and knowing my state of mind, Dr. Stewart himself positioned the knee for each plate shot. He also did the cast. He became my doctor and saw me through many disasters, injuries and personal upheavals. He never rushed through an exam or discussion about a problem. On each occasion Dr. Stewart would be upbeat, personable and such a good listener. He never made me feel like I was wasting his time. I would give anything to still count him as my primary physican but I moved out of province. What an amazing person! Thank you Neil!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I had concerns for some time about Dr. Stewart but had difficulty finding a doctor that was accepting new patients. When I had my last physical, he did not even check my blood pressure and I had mild hypertension previously! I had reported stiff, sore neck and shoulders, headaches and a sense of imbalance over the last years. Then I blacked out and the Emergency doctor found a brain tumor the size of an orange. Luckily, I now recovering after 22 days in ICU. Dr. Stewart disregards concerns and should listen to his patients rather than saying, "You are just fine!" I am glad to be alive and now have a new doctor!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

My daughter was in hospital for 1 day. Dr. Stewart decided she was not sick anymore and discharged her. (Had been vomitting for 4 days straight). He said he would phone in prescriptions. By evening, he had not done it. Unbelievable. Daughter told by hospital there is nothing they can do about it. So, go overnight without prescriptions required because of incompetence of one man!!! would never see him again.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Been my doctor for 29 years. Took probably 20 years to get used to his manner but I love him now. He was amazing with me during my depression and is now my sons doctor as well, I trust his opinion. He is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

I wouldn't take my childeren to anyone else. What more positive can be said about a doctor?

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Saw this Dr. at a walk-in clinic the week after my son and I had H1N1. Without even looking at us, he declares that "you're not even sick!" After examining both of us (my son coughing and hacking - myself without a voice and horrible pain in my throat and ear) send us along our way saying we're "fine". Oh - and mid-way though the exam - he leaves us alone for 10 minutes to talk on the phone. I knew I wasn't "fine", so I saw another Dr. today. I have been diagnosed with bronchitis, an ear infection and Strep Throat. Now I need a second opinion on my son. Beware of this guy. Seriously.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2009

Dr. Stewart treated my Dad. He needs to remember to do the basics. I believe my father would still be alive today if Dr. Stewart weren't to arrogant to take blood pressures, weigh people, and maybe listen to the family of the people he is treating. His attitude said "I made this diagnosis 20 years ago and I stand behind it today" We begged for help and he shrugged his shoulders and did nothing.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2008

Very nice man but I question his abilities somewhat. Extremely reluctant to refer to a specialist or further tests. He has been my doctor for 30 years but I am considering changing as I don't feel he takes my concerns seriously and I don't want to end up seriously ill because he thought it was nothing...

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008