Ratings for Dr. Susan M. Lupo

Dr lupo delivered my daughter 6yrs ago without incident. However..I recently went to womancare complaining of extensive pelvic pain, painful heavy periods. I was told I needed hysterectomy, including cervix, and ovary at age 42. She gave me option of diagnos lapro with ovary removal and told me to get 2nd opinon so I would be comfortable with my decsion. Pelvic pain continued and I called 2x and went to office 3x. Each time I said I was worried I had another cyst but each time told I couldn't because it had only been 1 wk since sis procedure. She gave me rx for pain meds. Over that week the pain got worse and I took meds. When I called 3rd time because of of meds her nurse said dr. Lupo said no more pain meds until I make decision about surgery! It'd been only 2 days since dx! How could I get 2nd opinon in 2days time? She had no answer for pelvic pain other than adhesions. I went to ER and they found infection of cervix! Ultras revealed I HAD a cyst that ruptured! Just as I had said.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2011

Her Schaumburg office is extremely prompt during the day - a regular visit will have you in and out with very little waiting. Dr. Lupo herself is great - makes you very comfortable and moves fast but will stop and answer any questions that you may have.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

Dr. Lupo is a great doctor. I've been going to her for 15 years and had two children delivered by her. I have reccommended many people to her and they also still see her. have lived in Indiana for 6 years and still drive in to go to DR. Lupo. Very happy with her.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2010

PROs - The practice she is associated with, Woman Care, is great. The staff is wonderful and the dr I see now, Dr. Kahan, is fabulous. CONs - I went to Dr. Lupo when I got pregnant and I asked about doing an episiotomy at the time of delivery and she agreed to do it whole heartedly. However when the time came she didn't and I tore very badly in several places. She didn't even sew me up. Instead she had a very new resident work on me who did a horrible sewing job. Worst experience ever! I was so furious with Dr. Lupo I discontinued seeing her immediately.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

I too went into Dr. Lupo for a CONCERN about getting pregnant. She did a bloodtest and ultrasound that she NEVER followed up on. After a week I had to call in to get my results. The nurse told me that my result were normal. Only until I met with another doctor who brought the possibility of an ovarian cyst to my attention did I call in to check my ultrasound accuracy. Then the nurse told me that I had a suspicious ultrasound that showed symptoms of PCOS. My husband and I are trying to conceive and having not had another doctor draw this to my attention, Dr Lupo would have never called me to tell me that in fact she did think I had the possibility of having PCOS. Upon results of a second ultrasound, Dr. Lupo told me she was not diagnosing me PCOS yet not NOT diagnosing me PCOS. She immediately put me on Metformin, not even being sure of my diagnosis. I am going for a second opinion and think that DR. LUPO SUCKS! DO NOT GO TO HER. She is uneducated and cannot intelligently respond.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

Doctors like Susan Lupo that don't have time for their patients and don't follow up AT ALL, should not be taking on new patients. Actually, they should not even be practicing. I waited for my test results for a month (!!!) and I always had to call in. I self-diagnosed myself on the first visit, she only had to do a test to confirm it. She didn't think that was necessary and pretty much told her she HAD to do the test, which confirmed my self-diagnosed problem. Even after that, she was not responsive and I had to ask her MYSELF about certain medications, etc. I have done the homework on what I had before going into her office, thank goodness for the wealth of information readily available outside of her office. She is the single, WORST and most horrible doctor I've ever met, and she could care less about her patients. Does not return phone calls, even when there are problems. Shame on her for calling herself a "doctor" and taking people's money.... sickening.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2008

Dr. Susan M. Lupo's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1990)

Pacificare