Ratings for Dr. Lawrence Kobetz

It is because of doctors like this one that rating systems are needed. He is highly respected by other doctors but has treated some patients horribly. He is only interested in new surgical challenges, and can be belittingly, patronizing, and mean after he has your money if you have a problem and there is nothing specific for him to cut and slice. When I told him my vision was blurry in unusual ways, he snapped that I had unrealistic expectations and told me the letters on the eye chart. "...The next letter is an X (or whatever) can you make it out now?...See? My procedure worked and you are just being finicky!"

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

I hope I never have to see this "specialist" again. He was so mean to me.

Submitted May 18, 2016

Experienced, professional, knowledgeable, skillful and unbelievably kind and helpful.

Submitted December 15, 2015

He was icy and cold. Very mean. Treated me like I was unwelcome. I have never been treated so hatefully by a specialist and that's saying something. I am never going to this man's office again. All these other reviews are amazing because I felt hurt and confused by how little this man cared about my hurting eye. When the "consult" was over he dismissed me, like I was at the principal's office. Never coming here again. He is a very bad doctor. Don't know about his expertise but his bedside manner and his attitude needs work. Learn some manners and compassion doc.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Dr. Kobetz is a wonderful doctor. He answers all your questions in a professional manner. If I needed surgery again he is the one that I would want to do it. The staff is amazing also. They always have time to answer your questions.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Dr. Kobetz has been our family ophalmologist for over 30 years. Always a good experience!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Kobetz for many years. He has always been very professional and knowledgeable. I wouldn't trust my eyes to anyone else. The staff are all great as well. Very friendly, polite and helpful.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Kobetz since I was a kid. He is focused on his patients. He seems passionate about improving people's vision. All of my questions are answered promptly, in easy-to-understand language. He is calm in his demeanor, which helps me to relax. I trust him with my vision, and would recommend this doctor to anyone who requires an ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

The staff here is absolutely wonderful. They always make you feel important and that your questions are all good even though they must have answered them for others a million times. Dr is very knowledgeable with a unique sense of humour that might be a little unusual for some on some days.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2014

The doctor is no doubt knowledgeable and his staff is kind and efficient. However the doctor scared the daylights out of my elderly mother who was told (for the first time) that she has macular degeneration and that he was pulling her drivers' license immediately. He was abrupt and did not take the time to explain or answer questions. He also spoke to me rather to my mother and did not seem to get or care that this was difficult or shocking information. My mother is extremely nervous about returning for any follow up visits.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013