Ratings for Dr. Natalie Furgiuele

She gave me many options for my condition and what kind of surgery and path choices I had. She saved my life.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Dr. Furgiurele saved my life. I had a precancerous condition, and was referred to her for follow-up. She was compassionate and gave me my options. A year later I had a bi-lateral mastectomy. They found cancer in the other breast. I chose not to do the medications because friends had bad experiences with them. This was two years ago, and I have never regretted my decision. She always took time to give me answers to questions - even meeting with my husband to answer his concerns. I am now recommending her to a friend who has had a similar diagnosis. It is dramatic - but I will never have breast cancer again. My surgery was 100% covered by insurance, and my plastic surgery with Dr. Cherip went just fine. I would (and did) trust her with my life

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

I trusted Dr. Furgiuele with my diagnosis and her plan for treatment. At first, she showed compassion and concern. After my double mastectomy (age 39) her true colors appeared. I became sick after the surgery and she did not want to hear any parts of it. I voiced my concern of a staph infection in which she rudely responded "This is no way a staph infection". After cleaning out my incisions in a very painful manner she did agree to do a culture. When I contacted the office a few days later to get the results of the culture I was told I was fine and that the antibiotic she put me on took care of the infection. Later in the week I received a letter from the hospital apologizing for the infection that I received. After contacting the hospital I was informed that I indeed had a staph infection and the antibiotic that Dr. Furgiuele put me on was resistant to the type of staph I had. I have never had a doctor treat me so rudely and poorly. I am happy to say she is no longer my doctor

flag | Submitted November 6, 2010

I am glad to see many others indicating that she has a tendency to cut/operate. I feel reassured about my decision to get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

I was diagnosed with BC in 2007. Dr. F. scheduled a biopsy then a lumpecomy followed by 6 weeks of radiation. She is very blunt and to the point but I don't want my health to be sugar-coated. I felt that she was very knowledgeable and she gave me options on how to handle different parts of my treatment. She also had me do MRI's, sonograms and mammograms every year which makes me very happy (my results have been good so far). She does have an abrupt personality but she saids that her job is to keep me alive and YES that is my main goal here.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

Was diagnosed with BC, went 2 her 4 a second opinion, she was very persistant. No compassion, acted like she cared, that ended once she did my mastecomy. Follow up's consisted of waiting in her office for an hour before sitting in the exam room for 30 more min.,while she crammed as many patients into an hour as she could. She came in wrote stuff,quik exam & just blew my ?'s off as if they were a joke. I asked about a specific concern and she actually laughed and told me it was nothing. Isn't that y we go 2 her.I think that she has become callus 2 us women who pay her so well. I asked her if I really need 2 return so much,and she insisted I do. I think that my obgyn will do now. Esp. now that I know that it wasn't only me. Her offices R not clean, her staff could be much more personable, and kind. If u continue w/her MAKE her answer your?'s.And tell her if u r :(, when she is rude tell her,if she gets mad so? Its our life. We've been thru alot don't need this 2. Iam alive by God not her.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2008

Dr insisted I needed surgery for a breast precancer. The condition was a fungal infection which could've been treated by a script. Unfortunately, this Dr didn't give me the option to explore nonsurgical remedies & she insisted I needed surgery immediately (scare tactic). Dr was extremely impatient with my questions & concerns. My surgery was a disaster & I was left mutilated. When I expressed unhappiness regarding my recovery, dr blamed me by saying I did not heal properly b/c I did not wear a sport bra 24/7--info not shared w/me prior to surgery & pure nonsense! My scar & abnormal shape are a result of BAD surgery. On my final visit, a year later, Dr discovered another precancer situation & ordered immediate surgery. 2nd & 3rd opinions revealed no surgery was indicated. It's been 5 years & my films are clear. I'm convinced Dr F's goal is to cut all her patients! In my opinion, Dr is a greedy, uncaring, sadist! Nobody deserves her type of "doctoring"!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2007

Though some find her ways to be unorthodoxed, I find Furgiuele to be thorough and get right down to the point. Some say her porcedures are unnecessary but because of these porcedures she catches things that many other doctors have missed in the past, and for that I find her to be an excellent choice. Although most people hate to hear it, she tells you like it is and gets you the help you need.She will plane out tell you what needs to be done and the best way to go about doing it. If she felt a mastectomy would have been necessary, she had plastic surgeons lined up and ready to help with reconsruction. Yeah others say she is "cut-happy" but because she is willing to take the time and remove uncertainties from the breast she saves you from further problems. She is by far the best breast surgon I have seen in this state and around the east coast.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2007

SHE IS ABOUT AS INCOMPEDENT AS THEY COME SHE DID A LUMP REMOVAL WHEN I NEEDED A COMPLETE MASTECTOMY I CHANGED DOCTORS AND SHE NEVER EVEN CALLED OR WROTE TO SEE IF I LIVED OR DIED I HAVE TOLD MANY PEOPLE WHAT HAPPENED AND I HOPE SHE HAS NO MORE PEOPLE TO CUT ON SHE LOVES TO CUT WHETHER YOU NEED IT OR NOT

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007

Prior to surgery this physician had me so scared out of my mind. I didn't realize what I was getting into by agreeing to have a needle localization breast biopsy. After surgery she was abrupt, uncompassionate, hurried, & unnecessarily rough with evacuating my hematoma in her office. I had to keep begging her to numb me as she re-sutured my 4 inch incision. Six months after surgery, I had confronted her regarding how upset I was with the appearance of my breast. She responded by saying:"Are you going to pose for Playboy?" Three plastic surgeons have agreed that extra unnecessary tissue was removed, leaving me with my biopsied breast much smaller than my other. All this for a benign growth. Another physician has since informed me that I should of had a core biopsy instead of a needle localization biopsy. A core biopsy was never offered by Dr. Furgiuele.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2006

Dr. Natalie Furgiuele's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

UnitedHealthcare