Ratings for Dr. James R. Bresch

Dr. Bresch is the best. He did my knees (BKR) and is so knowledgeable, not an eager surgeon to cut, and personable, but is staff is kind of dippy. They don't return phone calls; they rarely answer his phone so you're talking to voice mail.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

Would never recommend this Dr. His physican's assistant seemed to me to be the one that is running the show and I wouldn't send anyone to her. If I want a PA for a doctor, I will go to a Walgreens for treatment. I felt that he had a few pat answers and that he was not the least bit interested. His PA was condescending and very unhelpful in my opinion.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

The expert care and treatment received by Dr. James Bresch and Dr. Jennifer Ware was outstanding. The right TKA surgery was as expected and the result was all I hoped for. I highly recommend Dr. Bresch and his team.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

Went in on November 2011 with knee pain - sent me to PT for 3 months. Office never followed up - pt therapist was a lot more helpful and questioned the doctors notes. Bresch seemed to use the same story for many (I actually heard him say the same speech to the person in the next room) - had to BEG for MRI - said nothing wrong - physicians assistance called me with results - not doctor. Got a second opinion - there was a lot more found with 2 additional doctors. Bresch did not seem to care or treat my concerns with respect. Had a simple answer for all my concerns and did not seem to care.Gave me a knee brace but did not show me how to use. Would NEVER send anyone I knew there.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Dr B, is by far the best Dr I have found in a long time. I have been to many Dr. for my shoulder. Two years ago I went to see him and he knew exactly what was wrong. The MRI and the X-Ray did not show what was wrong but he knew. He was able to explain it to me by doing drawing on the bed at the Dr.'s office. It was fantastic. He performed the shoulder surgery and I am recovered fully. I have had knee pain since I was in the Marines (2003). Once again numerous Dr's could not diagnose what the problem was. He was able to tell me what he issue was and on Friday (11-13-10) performed the surgery to repair my knee. Today is 11-17-10 and I am walking around. I am exstatic! He is by far one of the best if not the best in the area. I would not send anyone to someone els. He is the only Dr that I would send anyone to. By far he takes his time to make sure that you understand what's going on and will draw pictures. A1 Dr. Love him!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2010

I had OATS surgery on my knee a few years ago after another doc couldn't help me. JB gave me my life back. Great Dr with a great attitude. Just completed ACL reconstruct on my 16 yr old yesterday and did great job. Best Dr. I have ever had dealings with. Explains everything and loves his job.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2010

One of the only dr's that would confidently operate on a suprascapular neural entrapment. Most gave this operation no chance of success, but JB was optimistic and the operation was a huge success. Plus he explains things in detail to the patient does not treat you like an idiot. 100% pleased.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

Fantastic painless scoping of my knee. Only 2 (not 3) small insertion points. Staff was phenominal upbeat and extremely attentive. Clear explanation of what he did and what to expect in the future.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

Dr. James R. Bresch's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

GHI