Dr. W. Hamlin Emory

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. W. Hamlin Emory

My daughter became a patient of Dr. Emory's nearly 8 years ago. She came to Dr. Emory with a seizure disorder, OCD, anxiety and is also on the autism spectrum. In her early 20's, her seizures had never really been under control despite the fact that she was a patient at UCLA who had been treating her for years. Prior to meeting Dr. Emory, my daughter was over medicated and appeared to be walking around in an almost "stupor" from all the drugs she was prescribed. Dr. Emory, assessed her, did an EEG, had it analyzed by both himself and an another independent source in Houston, TX and began weaning my daughter off of some of the drugs she was on. He replaced them with medications that would control her petit mal seizures but also speed up her brain while doing so. Dr. Emory also introduced medications for my daughter's anxiety, ocd and depression. As a result of her time with Dr. Emory, my daughter no longer experiences petit mal seizures. She is awake, alert, conversational, social and has been on several tours around the world. She continues to see Dr. Emory every few months as he monitors her condition and tweaks her medications based on her responses to them as well as EEG's. I don't know what we would have done had we not met Dr. Emory and my daughter owes her life to him!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

I became a patient of Dr. Emory three years ago. Now, I am 71 years old. I had suffered with OCD all my life, couldn’t fall asleep without sleeping aids and couldn’t get relief from other doctors or psychologists. I sent Dr. Emory my paperwork, basic lab tests and had a consultation. He was thorough in getting to know me and my general health. He stressed that he could figure out how to improve my physical and psychological difficulties by physically examining me, studying my EEG brainwaves, analyzing my EEG measures (qEEG) and choosing a treatment that was successful for prior patients with similar pretreatment qEEG measures. I was amazed when I discovered that he had been building a data base on approximately 15,000 prior patients for about 32 years. Dr. Emory said that a medicine or supplement should not cause me any harm. With the first medicine I experienced some relief! Then, he fine-tuned the dose before he introduced a second medicine. From the start, he has called from time to time to see how I was doing and didn’t charge for those calls. There were times when I made calls to him to ask questions and I was never charged. He also helped free of charge a friend in my church. I am involved in a home and school for abused and abandoned children in Kenya. A 10 years old girl there started having epileptic seizures and they were getting worse with the medical treatment recommended by her doctor. We found a local clinic, got her EEG and emailed it to Dr. Emory. He analyzed it, cut the girl's original medicine dose in half and added two new ones. The seizures have stopped, and she has become happy and healthy. (I no longer have to watch the heart breaking videos sent to me showing her having seizures). Two years later Dr. Emory continues to monitor her progress. He has never accepted any payment from us – doing all her care for free. My OCD is gone and I have no more sleep issues. More importantly, I am privileged to know a man whom I deeply admire, trust and respect. He is a one-of-a-kind, brilliant and caring doctor. I hope and pray that someday there will be more like him and also using his proven methods of treatment. Robert Johnson

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

In the summer of 2013, I contacted Dr you Emory at a friends request. I did so because in the past 12 months I had come down the Bronchitis three times, and Pleurisy once. These bouts of illness left me exhausted, depleted and fearful that this now was becoming my new normal. Dr Emory’s office provided me with an extensive questionnaire, and requested blood pressure and pulse readings for what I believe was one week. Armed with my History and BP readings , I met with Dr. Emory. He was kind and thoughtful and spent a great deal of time with me. He then administered an EEG to check my brain. It was his hypothesis that blood pressure meds that I was taking to treat my hypertension successfully, were also creating patterns in my brain that had compromised my lungs. For the next many weeks, we worked closely with each other. He prescribed amino acids, and decreased my blood pressure meds by half. My blood pressure stayed in the low normal range. I also found that I had increased mental energy, and that I no longer needed sleep aids. I have not had a bout of Bronchitis or Pleurisy for 5 years. It is my belief that Dr. Emory has given me many more years of healthy life.. Thanks Doc!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Wonderful intake and assessment. We went to Dr Hamlin Emery to get yet another angle on his Autism and ADD/ADHD, and were quite pleased.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

My life has been a patient of Dr Emory for many years .He is kind and caring, Very Knowledgeable. We love him. Years ago when my wife was so sick he came to our home with medicine for her at 11:00 o clock night. No one does that.No doctor does that. He never charged us for that night. We are not rich. When we could pay we did. But for many years doctor Emory never charged my wife. When my wife was so sick he called everyday to see how she was. But she was sleeping so he talked to me about her pulse and blood pressure and if she was taking her medicine the way she should take it. Now my wife is doing well. We love him as our family. He doesn't take insurance but if you add up how much he saves you with not having to go to hospital or going for years to other doctors who charge $300, $400 or $500 to see you for five minutes his price is not expensive.He spends the time hours in fact to make sure they are getting better. If you do not get better he will stop charging until you are. Mansour Nikooifard

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

I am presently under Dr Emory’s care for withdrawal from too many medications. I have been missmedicated with anti-depressants for at least 25 years. I am 65 years old. 😳 it’s never too late ! Dr Emory is the first doctor I’ve been under the care of since I was a very young child, who genuinely cares about you. I’m still so comforted by that. Getting off anti-depressants that I’ve been on for that long was very scary. I had tried many times before to no avail. I think because I was able to trust him it was not as rough this time. There was some depression at first but I stuck it out with the help of yoga and meditation. Granted I am retired and had the time to take my time. I could go on but this is about Dr Emory not my particular situation. I feel younger, more energetic and I can say my major depression is now a thing of the past. We are still working together to fine tune things but the improvement is palpable. He is an expensive doc but worth every penny times 100. Btw he is also at the moment in the process of what I would dare say saving my 25 year old daughters life ! I’ve learned so much about brain/ body health. Can't say enough ❣️

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Dr. Emory has excelled at surpassing all possible expectations in my particular situation. He insists on staying away from reductionist labels. Rather he is there at every turn with calm and care. I had had experiences in various parts of the world looking for help. My life is what it is today thanks to his integrit, impecability, accountability and a long list of positive descriptors too long to share. I literally owe my life to him. Had he not utilized his experience and in just minutes done what no other specilist in the best treatment facilities in various parts of the world I would not be alive. He has throughout the years, now decades, always managed to find a way to give me much needed compassion and never has judged me or labelled me as an outlier. Statistically speaking there might be many others out there in the world who like I had were misdiagnosed and are no longer alive to share the possibility of a collaboration between doctor and patient. I truly expect with hope for his visionary method to reach the point where neuroscience curricula for neurophysiologists and all other specialists is compulsory. Thanks to his wisdom and bed side manner I have come to accept that my neurophysiology is unique. There is nothing wrong, weird and I am not a lost cause. If I could I would explain in words what goes beyond words. Dr. Emory is so much more than a review can summarize. I want anyone and everyone who reads this to feel as inspired and willing to open up to the possibility that your own uniqueness is respected and embraced by Dr. Emory. Imagine that it is a reality for you to find a safe place where finally you are free to go beyond labels, break away from misdiagnoses and stop the fears associated with so many disheartening experiences in the medical field. Who you are is constantly going to be changing and with Dr. Emory's sound science you will always be monitored. There will never be a moment, no matter how difficult it might be when he will do everything and I mean everything in his power to be there for you. I was told I had lost my mind and that there was no going back. Now here I am trusting a trustworthy human being who has encouraged me to feel safe in life. There is no such thing as a way out of without a true collaboration. Dr. W. Hamlin Emory goes beyond his best, always redefining what skeptics thought or think is too cutting edge, my part is consciously choosing to doing my part so that together we continue to forge a stronger alliance filled with resilience. It is with total confidence that I wholeheartedly, unambiguously in all sincerity I invite you to give yourself the opportunity to give yourself the opportunity to experience a new reality. Yes, I had been in total dismay and without a sense of purpose for two decades given that I was born this way. The best surprise I ever got was to be given the gift of another breath. Forever grateful, Y.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr Emory is a miracle worker. I've been suffering from chronic migraines for over 10 years and nothing seemed to work. Dr Emory changed all of that. His skillful approach mixes the holistic with the cutting edge and, most importantly, it works! I only get 1/3 or 1/4 of the migraines I had before, and they're far less intense. I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Dr Emory. Few doctors have such a warm and genuine approach. He is inspiring.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

I wanted to provide an update to anyone wondering if the efforts of Dr. Emory have ‘real’ or ‘lasting’ effects. After nearly 6-months of treatment with our daughter who expressed depressive, unemotional, and tumultuous behavior toward anyone within her proximity, I can unequivocally say that the Dr’s efforts have lasted and continue to astound her mother and I. As I’ve noted in detail in past reviews, the Dr’s methodology should be taught in every psychiatrist 101 class. His ability to translate quantitative EGG data into a systematic and thorough approach for therapy is second to none. It saved us the months of ‘trial-n-error’, minimized our daughter’s exposure to potential side effects, and has allowed a quicker timeframe for healing. As parents who were still ‘shell-shocked’ for several months after our ordeal, we finally had to come to the conclusion that this ‘fix’ was real. And it has been such a massive relief for our family, improving our relationship with both our kids. I can’t speak highly enough of Dr. Emory. I only wish his method, his expertise, could be experienced by everyone having issues with themselves or ones they loved. For us, he saved our lives. Thank you.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Flowers for the Living: testimony by Maggie Ibrahim After more than 38 years of battling with severe clinical depression I finally met Dr. Emory. Picture Earnest Hemingway with medical ingenuity and that's him. I can say that his innovative yet empirical approach of using EEG and pattern recognition to guide treatment has restored my health and changed my life. Not only is Dr. Emory empathetic and generous with his time and care, he is well versed in medication and different use of both naturopathic and prescription medication. I appreciated his approach of using naturopathic first and seeing if different meds were needed. Also his logic gate approach of trying medication, waiting for the correct time for it to be assimilated and then assessing change to decide the next move was very appropriate. He recognizes that each individual body and brain chemistry demands such a flexible yet rigorous approach. This coupled with blood pressure and pulse to note homeostasis and the comprehensive yet manageable forms to monitor progress or regression was a great way to help inform decision making. I now have a good understanding of how my body reacts to dopamine, neuropenephrine and serotonin and the different balance needed. I honestly wish that Dr.Emory's approach was mainstreamed into general practice. I fear that the traditional approach would have led to the end of me if my sister hadn't been living with me for the past months. The hope that Dr.Emory brings with his determination to see progress is uplifting. You feel that you are in it together and it's the brain that needs correction not only just your behavior. It helps to ease self blame and despair. My sister would say that we just "need to find the right cocktail of meds and you will be fine" as I was doing all the right things with diet, exercise, therapy and prayer. Trust in Dr. Emory's approach to find the right cocktail if meds through while you go through the journey and it will see you through. I keep Dr. Emory and his work in my prayers and will do my best to support his work. Thank you Dr. Emory for being a medical rebel with a big heart. These words are my 'flowers for the living' for you Dr. Emory. Maggie Ibrahim, United Kingdom

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Dr. W. Hamlin Emory's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Univ Of Va Sch Of Med, Charlottesville Va 22908 (Grad. 1967)

MSP/BC Med