You may also like

Rate Dr. W. HAMLIN Emory

Dr. W. HAMLIN Emory's Ratings

Dr. Emory is insightful, innovative, attentive, caring, and ultimately, life-changing. He has the first rate mind, imagination, and vision of a pioneer, and the soul and TLC of the finest healthcare provider. I give him the highest possible recommendation. He is a true ally.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2842350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Dr Hamlin Emory changed my son's life. He actually gave him his life back and we are forever grateful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2698029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

This is a Dr. That has changed with the times.
He's a rare gem in a field of professionals that claim to know what they are doing

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2697947].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

Dr. Emory is the most caring, intelligent Dr. I've encountered. He treated me out of an iv addiction 15 years ago that would have certainly led to my demise. He reached me with his methods where over a dozen other MDs had failed. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs help ...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2683249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

Dr Emory is a innovative physician who's approach to treatment is based on highly sophisticated measurements of neurophysiology as opposed to a more traditional psychiatric model of using self report to guide treatment decisions. This approach allows him to determine of there are subtle anomalies in brain function that limit optimal personal functioning. His extensive data base allows him to base medical interventions on protocols that have been successful with other patients with similar physiology. On other words he measures physiology before introducing medicines which change physiology. This approach is highly successful. Dr Emory has treated my self, my wife and several other family members over the last several years. The results have been stellar.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2677897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

If I could give Dr. Emory TEN stars, I would. Both of my children have symptoms consistent with ADHD (Inattentive) and anxiety. We have been working with Dr. Emory for over two years now, and I can honestly say he is the most knowledgeable, compassionate, and committed psychiatrist I have ever met. He doesn't just treat patients, he genuinely cares for them as if they were his own family, willing REGULARLY to consult with me about my kids by phone on nights and weekends, hold office hours during holidays, and generally help in whatever way he can. One of the `most brilliant men I have ever met, he thinks outside the box, treating each patient as an individual, recognizing that each brain is unique and responds differently to different medications. Equally familiar with homeopathic and alternative therapies as he is with more conventional psychiatric drugs, he truly lives and works by the motto, "Do no harm." His approach to treatment is rigorously tailored to scientific studies of individual brains; rather than just throw medications at people, he studies their unique neurochemical makeups and adjusts his interventions to maximize each person's individual ideal. Why so few other practitioners take this approach is stunning to me, but I promise you the vast majority of other psychiatrists are still working in the dark ages--this WILL be the future of mental health treatment. I owe my children's well-being and future to this doctor--and I cannot recommend him highly enough. Oh, and did I mention that he is also a true Renaissance man, witty, well-read, and deeply committed to his work, and the world? He is truly one of a kind.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2634305].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I consulted Dr. Emory about his methods and theories for research I was doing for graduate school in Marriage and Family Therapy. He is brilliant, original and cutting-edge. He has a wealth of knowledge of neuroscience and the brain. Additionally, he has a wonderful personality and sense of humor. I was very impressed by him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2632392].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

Dr Emory is an extremely intelligent man. He's an out of the box thinker and proven himself to be one of the most creative doctors in his field. Dr Emory had me on medications that other psychiatrists I've seen never even thought to try. When I started seeing Dr Emory I had anorexia, a resting pulse of 105, mood swings that caused rage, depression and anxiety multiple times a day. It was difficult to plan anything knowing I had no control over my mood, my days were dark and repetitive. Dr Emory prescribed me Parnate and Adderall and theres been a huge improvement. My pulse is in the 80s and my mood is reliable and weight is stable. I now have a job, attend school and maintain a social life. You can count on Dr Emory to never give up until the job is finished He is determined and overall fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2611514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2014

Dr. Emory may be a bit quirky, but he was completely brilliant when it came to diagnosis and treatment of my child, who suffers from truly out of control ADHD and anxiety. He works very methodically to determine a particular medication's effect on her brain and on her behavior. She was going down a very dark path - I had to take her off the Concerta she'd been on for over a year because it zombied her out, and she had stopped growing. Her other doctor just kept randomly trying drugs. Dr. Emory tests different options to determine the actual effect on her brain and behavior, he is always accessible by phone, and truly cares about bringing her to homeostasis - "normalcy." Yes, all this time and attention is expensive if you're paying out of pocket, but given the outstanding results and continuing patient care, working with Dr. Emory is worth every penny and more. He is giving me back my child.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2454703].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Dr. Emory has figured out what the rest of his profession (psychiatry) is still guessing about. He knows how to measure the electrical activity in the brain produced by each type of medicine via an ECG. Most psychiatrists throw meds at a (bi-polar in my case) patient (usually over medicating them to be on the safe side as I was for 35 years) & then hope what they've chosen works. Dr. Emory does a brain scan and can actually pinpoint what's working & what's not. I've gotten off 7 different meds (including Effexor, Abilify, Lamictal, Straterra, Topomax, Latuda & Provigil) & added only 1 (Clonidine) since working with him & I'm feeling the best I have been in 35 years. Common sense would tell you measurements must be made in order to determine if you're getting the desired results. I'm very pleased with Dr. Emory's knowledge & concern for my well being. He has me regularly taking my pulse & blood pressure as another means of making sure I stay right on track. His asst Annie is great too.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2454702].votes_count ]]