Ratings for Dr. W. HAMLIN Emory

I saw Dr. Emory in 2006 when I was 14 to 15 years old. He prescribed me Effexor XR an antidepressant that is not approved for patients under 25 because it can increase aggressive behavior and the risk of suicide. I did become aggressive and did try to commit suicide. I learned about the drugs risks for young patients when I was about 16 in 2008. He always seemed in a hurry and didn't call my mom back and we stopped seeing him and went to a new psychiatrist who did medicate me properly. I definitely don't recommend him especially if you are struggling with depression or are too young to get a rental car.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Dr Emory has saved my life for over 10 years. Without him I would be dead. If you have been to countless doctors, countless meetings and tried to stay sober and are self medicating you need to see Doctor Emory. If you have problems with Depression you need to see Dr. Emory. If people have labeled you with all kinds of different Axis Two Diagnois's you need to see Dr, Emory. His method balances both the body and the brain. I never knew that the brain had such an impact on the body. I never realized everyones's brain was different and different they are. I was running around like a maniac so unbalanced and then I met Dr. Emory. The Twelve Steps taught me to keep my commitments but they cannot change brain chemistry. Moving chairs, bringing food, all of which I did for over 30 years could not keep me balanced. I am the best that I can be, And that is all due to Dr. Emory. Please go to Dr, Emory. Ask questions if you do not understand him. He is so bright that he forgets that as patients we know nothing about the brain. I read books about the brain and studied the brain after receiving his treatment I could not understand why other doctors had not done this before. It made no sense. Here was a test that showed my brain before and during. Thank god for that Test. And his treatment has continued to evolve year after year. His is like a good bottle of wine - he has gotten better with age. More knowledge - more conferences - more research. Everytime I see him I learn something new. He is the one doctor I look forward to seeing. Thank god for Dr. Emory he has saved my life. And he will save yours too.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Dr. Emory is the smartest most caring Doctor I've ever known!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

Excellent., life-altering specialized treatment resulting in optimal brain function.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Dr. Emory has been my Dr. and has changed my life forever! I have been his patient for over 10 years now and in that time he has truly been a Miracle Worker. I trust him with my life! I am overwhelmed at his dedication to my situation and the many variables associated with such. He is truly one of the kindest most welcoming, intelligent Doctors that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting not to mention he is a true intellectual that have met in my 50 years of life. He not only treats my conditions but he shows a genuine concern for my life and ability to function on a higher level. I thank god for Dr. Emory and I am most fortunate to have ever met him. Not only is he available at a moments notice each and every day of the week but he returns my calls on weekend evenings, Sunday mornings and when ever or wherever I need his remarkable talent and care. Bottom line, I have never met a doctor as dedicated to his clients as Dr. Emory . Words alone do not describe my appreciation for his efforts, his amazing talents and love for his medical knowledge. Just recently I developed Shingles in my inner ear, while on vacation in Mexico. I was badly diagnosed by the Doctor in Los Cabos and he made my situation far worse than it was by prescribing phony medication that never should have been prescribed. The most painful event I have gone through in my life. Upon my arrival back in L.A. My ENT. doctor told me there was not much that he could do for me and I would have to gut it out. Needless to say I was not very happy with his diagnosis nor his ability to treat this most painful episode in my life. I contacted Dr. Emory and instantly he knew EXACTLY what to do! He prescribed a medication that blocked the nerve pain and instantly I began to improve. The pain subsided within an hour, My reaction to the medication was more than favorable. Although this virus had to run its course I was relieved that I could bare the weeks spent staring forward in my bed. All this after seeing and being treated by emergency room doctors, spending three days in the hospital and finally when I was released from the hospital I saw my ENT. practitioner. Not one doctor in the hospital or emergency room could help me in any way shape or form. Regardless of how much pain medication or antibiotics they intravinously oput inside my body. My next call was to Dr. Emory on a Sunday night at 10pm. He immediately told me what to do and faxed over a prescription to my pharmacy which was filled the very next morning. It was a miracle or simple put Medical Brilliance!! I can never thank Dr. Emory properly, or enough for what he did for me. However I tried to express my profound appreciation in words, which he acknowledged and simply put said he was glad he was able to be there for me. ( Not nearly as glad as I was, to say the absolute least." Dr. Emory is one of a kind. With over 50 years of practicing medicine he has saved me again. My hat is off!! to Dr. Emory. This world needs more Doctors like him without question. Dr. Emory, Thank you and your absolute brilliance!!! Once again I will forever be in your debt. My Most Sincere Regards. Stephan B. Haber

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Dr Emory, a rare gem in the medial profession, enhanced my son's life beyond measure. For many years, we searched for an answers : Why was language difficult for him? Why did he struggle to learn? Why didn't he fit the typical ADD/ADHD boxes? Dr. Emory, with his meticulous over-sight, discovered a neurological issue that had been overlooked for many years And was solved with simple medication and amino acids. My son now gets As and Bs in school, is confident, social and hapoy! We are truly grateful and recommend, without, hesitation, Dr. Emory and his practice. And his use of the English language and his quirkiness are a delight beyond measure!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Dr. Emory is insightful, innovative, attentive, caring, and ultimately, life-changing. He has the first rate mind, imagination, and vision of a pioneer, and the soul and TLC of the finest healthcare provider. I give him the highest possible recommendation. He is a true ally.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr Hamlin Emory changed my son's life. He actually gave him his life back and we are forever grateful.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

This is a Dr. That has changed with the times. He's a rare gem in a field of professionals that claim to know what they are doing

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Dr. Emory is the most caring, intelligent Dr. I've encountered. He treated me out of an iv addiction 15 years ago that would have certainly led to my demise. He reached me with his methods where over a dozen other MDs had failed. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs help ...

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr. W. HAMLIN Emory's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Univ Of Va Sch Of Med, Charlottesville Va 22908 (Grad. 1967)

HIP