Ratings for Dr. Shaunda P. Chin-Bonds

I went to Dr Chin-Bonds after learning i was pregnant. I wanted to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. It is their standard procedure to schedule the first visit with the nurse only to confirm pregnancy and council the patient. I thought that was great with this being my first pregnancy. I was able to book the appointment easily and the receptionist was friendly. However, Then I met with the nurse. I had a list of questions, such as drinking coffee, eating certain foods, exercise while pregnant. She was unable to answer any of these. I started to paraphrase the questions and ask them differently, thinking were just weren't communicating well. That's when she stood up, stood over me, pointed her finger at me and said, " You can do what your going to do but you'll just bleed out." I called a few days later to see if i could ask a different nurse the same questions. It took 4 days for the nurse to get back to me, and when she did, she hung up on me for asking again about drinking coffee. I can find conflicting information online about these subjects, I just want to know if one cup a day is ok or not. I cannot believe they were not prepared to answer that question. When I finally had an appointment with the doctor, they could not find my records or test results. They would not let me husband in the room with me. Dr Chin-Bonds gave me a pap (Which was to be expected), however she was severely hurting me during the exam. I told her she was hurting me and needed to stop. she then stood up, stood over me, pointer her finger at me, and said "I'm not being difficult, you are too sensitive" I was still in the stirrups! Now I can see where the nurses get it from. I was appalled. And by now, I was bleeding from the exam. She ordered at STAT ultrasound and was going to get back to me later than night. After the ultra sound at a different provider in the hospital complex, I learned that every one when home for the night and forgot to turn on the answering service. I left 4 messages that night and the following morning, as the ultra sound lab could only release the results to my ordering doctor. It's been 3 days, and i haven't heard from them. I did find another doctor, from a different practice, who was able to request the results and contact me. I cannot believe this practice is in business. They are rude, disorganized, and unable able to answer typical questions. When you press the issue to try to get an answer, they get defensive and demeaning. This is not how you treat people.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

Dr. Chin-Bonds is the best doctor in the world. Very professional, excellent bedside manners, she communicates with you on all levels. She is very knowledgeable in her field.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2010

Dr. Chin-Bonds has a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2009

Dr. Shaunda P. Chin-Bonds's Credentials

• Mid West Medical College (Grad. 1999)

MSP/BC Med