Ratings for Dr. Michael C. Moran

I had hip replacement surgery with Moran as the surgeon. Would never do it again. He sent me home with NO pain medication; at a followup visit 4 weeks later, I told him I was still in severe pain, leg was very sore, stiff, and swollen. He claimed it was a "normal post-op" reaction. A month later I was still in pain and went to the ER, where the physician there immediately prescribed low-dose morphine. It's now 4 months post-op and I'm still in pain. I've refused to see Moran again and am now looking for another doctor who has some humanity. This guy is a robot.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2013

I had a complete hip replacement by Dr Moran at Christ Advocate Medical Center in Oak Lawn, IL in January of 2009 and I must say Dr Moran is the very best orthopedic surgeon anywhere. I was walking up and down stairs without the use of a cane the day following my surgery. I was also able to cross my legs without any restrictions. To this day my hip feels great. I workout a couple days a week and perform lateral legs presses with heavy weight and feel great. You can't go wrong with Dr Moran. In my opinion he's the best. My thanks to Dr Moran for giving me back my life.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

This doctor seems very aloof. Does not like to answer questions. Practically runs out of the examining room when he is finished examining you. He always left me with a "but wait, I have a question" feeling. Staff were not friendly and long waits of over one hour were common.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

HAVING WAITED, ON OCCASION, MORE THAN 3 HOURS IN A VERY CROWDED WAITING ROOM, I EXPECTED MUCH MORE THAT AN VERY SHORT EXAMINATION. OTHER THAN THE INITIAL PLAN TO TREAT OSTEOARTHRITIS, THE OTHER REMAINING PROBLEMS WERE APPROACHED WITH ALMOST A CAVALIER ATTITUDE. FOUND ANOTHER ORTHOPOD WHO DID A PROPER EXAMINATION AND GOT A RESOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO ANYONE FOR TREATMENT OF ANY KIND.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

Dr. Michael C. Moran's Credentials

• French

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1985)

Workers Comp