Ratings for Dr. Susan Alt

She takes the time to listen. She knows you are intelligent. She explains what you need to know when you don't have that level of medical understanding. My previous doctor Eric Mizuno shows up as #1 of 3307 internists listed here, but Susan is better...and I love them both. Dr. Alt gets my strongest possible recommendation.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

She tried to provide unnecessary information to a third party that would have violated my hippa rights. I only saw her because my own doctor was unavailable, and then she made all these judgments about me that she wasn't qualified to make, especially since she only saw me the one time. I think she is very misguided and therefore not a good doctor who respects patient rights, or has their best interests in mind.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Susan was great. Responsive. Wonderful listener. Offered a holistic approach to my medical needs.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

I felt Dr Alt was a bit apprehensive and impatient. She sent me to specialist that was very expensive and this other Dr told me there was no reason for me to have seen a specialist. I felt that she did not know what she was doing.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

Dr Alt is a great doc. She sees the whole picture and orders tests or prescribes meds accordingly. I had a perplexing series of problems and she made appropriate referrals to specialists who could take a deeper look -- and she stayed connected to my other docs, so I had continuity in care.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2010

I took my girlfriend to see her recently and this appointment could not have gone any worse. Dr. Alt sat behind her computer the entire time, rushed the visit, and constantly talked down to her. This doctor's answer to every condition was to take a prescribed drug or over the counter med rather than look into the underlying problem or condition that may be causing the symptoms? Instead of being treated she was sent away with a list of referrals with the instructions “don’t forget to tell them I sent you”. She felt as if she was being treated by a car salesman rather than a physician.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

Dr. Alt is awesome. She is helpful and an active listener. I've been seeing her as my primary care doc for the past 3 years.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2009

Dr. Susan Alt's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Ameritas