Ratings for Dr. Scott C. Otto

I am a senior citizen having experienced lower back lumbar surgery (1998) and gallbladder surgery (1985) but never faced critical emergency surgery for a coloscopy until Oct 2013. I fortunately have a primary care physician who stipulates what medical staff members are assigned to my care. I was first introduced to Dr. Scott Otto on a Friday eve around 10:00 pm only to know he would be performing my surgical procedure around 2:30 a.m. Dr.Otto is by far the most dedicated top surgeon at Condell I have ever had the privilege to know. If any patient of his with the least amt of compassion could understand the hours he dedicates to serving trauma and other surgical patients for endless hours & days one would not be so judgmental of his demeanor at all times. He always maintained an open communication with me and my family members as to the outcome of my surgical procedures and recovery. To be put in the care of Dr. Scott Otto is just one step away from winning the lottery.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

The problem is not the staff of Surgeons of Lake County LLC. It is with the physicians, specifically Scott Otto. He is not rude, not tactful and dare I say more concerned with payment than the patient? I have requested that my physician allow us to use another surgeon for this procedure. Alas, this will not happen. If DR Otto returned calls in a timely manner, (or at all) I might feel differently. He spoke with my spouse 3 weeks ago. Stated he would speak with our physician. He did not. He met our physician in Condell Hospital in passing and said December. I have tried to schedule an appointment without success. DR Otto also told my spouse he would need to see an Ostomy nurse. Yet my husband was not provided a name or telephone number. I am a Health Care Professional. This is my husband's quality of life for which which I am advocating. He has been seriously ill while the disease continues to progress. Is a phone call to schedule the surgery REALLY too much to ask?

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Dr. Scott C. Otto's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Libertyville, IL