Ratings for Dr. Von W Eybers

Dr. Eybers was one of the worst doctors I have had. I got my throat scoped and he tore it by using to large of a scope. Looking at the pictures from the scope you could clearly see it was bleeding. We then proceeded to have me drink water, however it hurt. He then said that he was unsure on what to do and told me to go home and remain on a liquid diet. We asked a few following questions like how would we know when it is healing? He once again told us he was unsure. I then asked for a different doctor and proceeded to go to a different hospital. Not once did he say sorry, or make me feel like he knew what he was doing. Highly would not recommend him unless you like guessing games.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I had a biopsy done on my breast. I found him to be efficient and quick. He had already explained everything at my appointment the previous day so I knew what to expect. The freezing worked well and the whole procedure was done in 15 minutes. I have the utmost respect for him as I mixed up the day for suture removal and had driven an hour to get there on the wrong day. I was please when he took time to come down from in between surgeries to remove my stitches. How great is that??

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I had surgery for a cyst, 3 times in 2 years!! I am still not healed and now I have to go back for surgery again.. All he could say was " you do realize it does come back, nothing I can do but do surgery again. See you in 2 weeks." Really? I had this surgery done 30 years ago and none of this stress! Horrible Dr. DO NOT GO TO HIM. FIND SOMEONE ELSE.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

Dr. Eybers performed open surgery on my twisted bowels and removal of adhesions, and all went well. He is not talkative, just matter of fact and to the point and for me you can ask for. He sent removed section away, and only comment was "not cancer" and that's all I wanted to know. So, he did his job, which was to operate and save me, not be my counsellor - and did it well!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Dr Eybers performed my colonoscopy and found colon cancer. I was in the hospital soon for surgery. As this was the first surgery I ever had I didn't realize how good Dr Eybers was. While taking radiation and chemo and talking to other cancer patients I then realized what a wonderful surgeon this man is. He doesn't talk much, but I credit him for saving my life. I am now a cancer survivor and feel Dr Eybers had a large part in this as well as the Allan Blair Clinic. Would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

I do not reccomend Dr.Eybers to anyone, I seen him in the E.R. told me I had a Hernia, I was sent for surgery, turns out I didnt have a hernia in the first place, then was told I had Endometriosis. I dont even have the symtoms, I went and got a second opinion and here its IBS, which I have all the symtoms. This guy doesnt know anything.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

If you are told surgery with this Dr. RUN and don't look back. He performed what was to be routine stomach surgery and ended up severing a main heart atery, paralizing the diaphram and having the patient air lifted in critical condition to Regina and now has only 1 main working lung, and what did he have to say about this, was that 'everything will be okay' no it won't, nothing will be okay again and now there is permant damage for life

flag | Submitted September 14, 2010

Had my tonsils out.Day after surgery he came in the room told me to lye down on the bed and palpated my stomach and told me to come back in 10 days to have staples removed.I said "um, i had my tonsils out..." so then he checked my throat while standing 7 feet away from me.Did not give me anything for pain releif upon request.I ended up in ER 3 times and readmitted for 3 days due to infection, swelling and intense pain. Nice guy at times, except when he makes trades people work in his house in their sock feet (agains labor, code and safety laws). Not a very good Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

After 1 1/2 years of doctoring with Eybers and him dismissing my husbands stomach pain attacks, my husband insisted that more medical tests be done. We never heard back from Eybers about these tests but he sent the results to our local clinic and when my husband went to this clinic for a chest infection, the doctor at the local clinic asked my husband what he is doing about his cancer. We were horrified and shocked, to say the least. Dr. Eybers to this day has not called my husband to tell him that he has cancer. Thank God for the local doctor's speedy reaction, they think that they can put the cancer in remission.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009

My mother was in for a colonoscopy! In preparation for this procedure the patient is to be given pain medication and a moderate sedative to keep the patient comfortable and help relax during this procedure. He ignored my mother when she was feeling discomfort and had the nurses hold her down and tell her to try to relax while she was screaming on the top of her lungs and kicking her legs because she was in so much pain and discomfort. I DO NOT RECOMMENT THIS SURGEON EVER!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2008