Ratings for Dr. Lorraine S. Novas

Dr. Novas is the WORST doctor I have ever been to. She has a terrible bedside manner! I would not let her care for a pet fish let alone deliver my child.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Dr. Novas has a terrible bedside manner. She is very cold and callous. She belittles people and makes you feel stupid for asking a question. I would highly recommend going elsewhere for care!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

Dr. Nova was awful. She made me feel judged and self conscious. She rushed through our appointments and made me feel like my concerns were crazy. I was a first time mom who had experienced a past ectopic pregnancy, and she was very callous. She didn't explain anything. She never asked if I had questions, and I had to stop her from leaving to get my answers which she made me feel stupid for asking. Just horrible bedside manner. I can't say enough how much I felt uncomfortable and unwanted. I always left crying after I had seen her.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Dr. Lorraine Novas is very careless and lacks compassion. On my last day at NCH Arlington Heights IL, I was ordered to have a blood test in the morning which I believe was necessary for my doctor to clear me for discharge, in which I complied, then after a few hours another hospital staff came in asking me to do another blood test, I contested that I already did the blood test in the morning so I refused to take another blood test, then Dr. Novas came in to my room (she was just covering up for her colleague Dr. Oh that day, Dr Oh is my designated doctor and she did my delivery) I told Dr. Novas it must be a mistake because I already did a blood test this morning, and I requested if she can please double check first before doing another blood test just to be sure it's not a mistake, Dr. Novas didn't even listen to my request at all, she just told me in a strict tone if you don't take this blood test I will not discharge you from the hospital so I was like forced to take the 2nd blood test that day. True enough, after probably 15-30mins after my 2nd blood test, Dr. Novas came in apologizing that it was indeed a mistake the 2nd blood test was not necessary because they already did one in the morning, In my mind I was like ?????? OMG, how can you be so careless???? I was so disappointed I didn't wanna argue further and just wanted to get out of the hospital to get my peace. The worse part I was billed for the 2nd blood test. Actually, there were 3-4 obgyns in their team at that time (year 2012), I consulted all 3 doctors from their clinic, after all consultations I had my choice Dr. Oh, so I insisted to the clinic I only want Dr. Oh to be my obgyn and do my delivery coz I am most confident and comfortable with her, which BTW Dr. Oh has been a very good doctor to me and handled my delivery very well. To be honest, I avoided doing check ups with Dr. Novas because she has a very strong personality, she doesn't listen and tends to imposed on her patients.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2014

Did not have a good expierence with this doc - luckily she was part of a "group"

flag | Submitted February 3, 2013

Dr. Novas is the most amazing OBGYN ever! I highly recommend her! I switched over to her during my first pregnancy. She made me feel comfortable from the first time I met her. She always makes you feel comfortable asking questiona and she always takes the time to answer them. She has a way of making you not worry about things, which I love! She delivered my first baby girl and unfortunately wasn't on call ffor my second. I hope she delivers my third. Everyone in the practice is amazing, but my preference is to see Novas. She is competent, kind, funny at times and truly caring! Again, I would highly recommend her!!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

I needed a hysterectomy and Dr. Novas suggested the DaVinci method. WONDERFUL and easy! Great doctor!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

By far the best gynecologist I have ever met! Very generous with her time, very caring, compassionate and knowledgeable. Top notch!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

I love these Dr's. Everyone including Dr Novas is very helpful and pleasant. I recommend them to all my family and friends!! I didnt not see her in office prior to my son being born. She was the one who came to deliver. She is by far one of the nicest, caring Drs Ive ever had!! I only see her now!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Really takes the time to answer all of your questions. She is worth the time you may wait to see her.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2008

Dr. Lorraine S. Novas's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Arlington Heights, IL