Ratings for Dr. William M. Evans

I've been a patient of Dr. Evans for a long time and as a nurse I usually know the standards of care and Dr. Evans adheres to them very well. He is also very knowledgable regarding Family Practice conditions.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

I had an extremely unsatisfactory experience with Dr. Evans. He was rude, condescending and uncaring for what should have been a very basic check-up to get medical clearance for a Visa to work abroad. He couldn't be bothered to talk to me much, citing the fact that he'd been in the profession for 50 years and knew everything that he needed to know within 5 minutes of talking with me. Throughout the visit, he cut me off and over-ruled my opinion on a number of different topics. When he finally consented to writing me a 10-month prescription for my overseas trip, he flippantly retorted that I was "very good at math" to know that 270 pills would not be enough for my stay. I spoke to a director about my despicable service, and he very unconvincingly apologized to me, explaining that it was "Friday afternoon, and [he was] going to be there a *very* long time" as the reason for his disservice. I will never visit him again, and speak very poorly of his abilities as a care-giver.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

This Doctor is a good choice for those in good helth that just want yearly checkups, he is open to suggestions about medications. He dopes tend to refer to specialists a bit too quickly.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2009

I am a practising physician in the US. I had called him to discuus the care of my close uncle. he was the most unproffesional and rude primary care doctor I have ever met. He would not talk to me and accused me of meddling in my uncles affairs. I would never send or refer any of my patients to him. Avoid him at any cost

flag | Submitted November 6, 2007

I have been a regular patient of Dr. Evans' for 16 years. I have never had an issue that he either misdiagnosed or mistreated. He has provided me with as close to holistic medical advice as a doctor can nowadays and I value his advice above all others. He is involved with his patients and really gets to know their lifestyle, which makes visiting him more pleasant and more informative. I would recommend Dr. Evans to anyone who wants a doctor who really cares and understands medicine but doesn't waste your time with unnecessary procedures.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2006

I was sick with abdominal cramps and diarrhea for about 2 weeks. I went to this doctor twice during this time and both times he told me I had IBS (no history of it at all). The first time he told me that and sent me away. I came back sicker and he told me I could have gall bladder disease (I am 5'4" and I weigh 120 lbs), something wrong with my ovaries or my liver, or IBS. He wanted to do a gyncological exam on me and I told him "no". Anyone with common sense would know that one has nothing to do with the other. Turns out I had a parasite called cryptosporidiosis. This was not determined by this doctor. Before I finally found out what was wrong, I was scared to death. He went into to great detail about the possible horrible things that were wrong with me. Turns out I had something that could very easily be diagnosed.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2006

Dr. William M. Evans's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)