Ratings for Dr. Scott A. Gerstenkorn

I went to Gerstenkorn Family Chiropractic in early January of 2018. The check in and initial consultation went well. The Dr. seemed to be professional and thorough. The billing through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois PPO went well on the first visit. The second visit was different. The billing through Blue Cross clearly showed my portion owed was $48.55 when I was charged $77.81. A minor discrepancy of $29.26. I figured a short call to the Chiropractor would take care of it. After speaking with Cheryl and faxing the insurance explanation of benefits as requested, she returned a call to me stating that the insurance was wrong. I assured her that the insurance clearly showed that my portion owed was different than what she said and it stated "The provider can not charge you for the disallowed amount." Cheryl assured me I was wrong and the call was concluded. I waited 2 months before posting this for Cheryl to possibly see her misunderstanding of the billing, but no such luck. Summary: Good Doctor, poor understanding by Cheryl how the billing process works. I have not and do not plan on going back because of this. *****Update 4-1-2018. After publishing this review, Dr. Scott Gerstenkorn called me and voiced his concern about my review and assured me that his office was working diligently to get to the bottom of the billing issue. I stated I would attach this information to my review but would not retract my review until a conclusion was reached. *****Update 5-20-18. Not a word back from anyone and no refund. It appears the bad review was more of a concern to the doctor than correcting the billing error.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2018

Dr. Scott A. Gerstenkorn's Credentials

• Palmer College Chiropractic - Davenport (Grad. 1996)

Amerigroup