Dr. Robert D. Oates

5 1 3.9

You may also like

Rate Dr. Robert D. Oates

Dr. Robert D. Oates's Ratings

Well, we just had our first meeting with Dr Oates, and what can I say...Professional. Honest. Kind. Over the moon smart... all of this with great shoes & a sense of humor! My partner and I are 'in the medical field', and we felt that Dr. Oates was perfect! The staff was professional and courteous. His assistant Erica was more than accommodating when helping us schedule an appointment. He explained everything to us, ensuring we understood the plan of care, and gave us the chance to ask questions, etc. Whether or not we are able to conceive on our own remains to be seen, but we can feel absolutely confident that we chose the right doctor to give it our best shot. You are doing yourself and your partner a dis-service should you choose to visit another urologist...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2902684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2015

I encourage you
to think twice before making negative comments about Dr. Oates. Unsuccessful surgeries are not a reflection of him nor his innovative surgical techniques. This process is painful for all adults. Some successful and others not. Nevertheless, the process regardless of outcome is painful.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2791078].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

When my husband and I were searching for a doctor with knowledge on how to perform my husband's surgery so we can have children I was not too concerned about bedside manner, I NEEDED a doctor with expertise in this area.. We chose Dr. Oates and my husband's surgery was UNSUCCESSFUL!!! He claimed that the surgery went perfect and not to worry. Well, FALSE.. Surgery was NOT A SUCCESS and now we have no other option but to adopt a child. If I would have the chance to do it all over again, I WOULD KEEP LOOKING ELSEWHERE!!! Not only was his surgery a flop, but he is always in pain. Folks keep looking for a professional who knows what he is doing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2786566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I am shocked to read so many derogatory reviews in regard to the personality and bedside manner of Dr. Oates. My husband and I have only experienced a very professional, friendly and knowledgeable side of Dr. Oates. He has always taken his time to explain complicated medical information with us and we always share a few laughs in the process. I can only imagine that with such a sensitive subject at hand that many people may be sensitive and misunderstand his personality. He is leaps and bounds ahead of the original urologist that my husband went to.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2723101].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2015

Gave us false hope and surgery was NOT successful. I wish we would have looked elsewhere, now we are out of luck. Continue looking for another doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

I recently had an ortichetomy with Dr.Oates he seemed to be extremely knowledgeable on what he was doing and his staff was very nice. I went in for surgery and was sent home the same day. Previously he insisted that it was a minimal procedure and that I wouldn't be in too much pain which was FALSE. I ran out of pain killers because the swelling and pain was terrible and it seemed like they were a bit sloppy when operating me and cut me by accident on one of my testicles far from the incisions itself which now is trying to heal. The job was done and both testis were taken out but the staff and operating team could have been more careful and prescribed me the proper pain meds. It was indeed painful and not as simple as they promised. He also told me no follow up appointment the stitched would degrade which I found flabbergasting because a surgery like that needs to be checked on so I had a follow up with my primary care to check for any infection or abnormality. OVERALL ok experience

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

My wife and I are Registered Nurses. We found Dr. Oates to be extremely knowledgeable, very honest, very polite, in fact very funny during the initial consultation. He made us feel very comfortable about the procedure. The day of surgery he was very comforting, had me very relaxed and confident with his abilities prior to heading into the OR. Post op he found my wife and went over the surgery completely as well as the recovery process till she was comfortable. His OR staff, both pre and post operatively were very knowledgeable, very confident, and made us feel very secure. I would highly recommend Dr. Oates to a family member or friend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1774696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2013

Today 9/25/13 we had an appointment with Dr Oates. We were very nervous to meet him because of all the bad reviews. Dr oates met us at the door and walked us back right on time. He was very nice and actually very funny. Made us feel very comfortable and explained procedure in detail. Answered all our questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1774695].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2013

We were referred to Dr. Oates by both my gynecologist and husband's urologist. I was very nervous about meeting him after reading all the negative reviews, but to my surprise he was so nice. He actually met us at the door! I have never had that happen. He was great. He examined my husband and diagnosed him in 10 seconds. He was glad to answer our questions and set us up with the necessary tests. We saw him again 4 weeks later (again met us at the door) and confirmed his diagnosis. Gladly answered all our questions. We are set to schedule the surgery and start IVF. I can see how some see him as arrogant, but when you are the best in your field, how can you not be a little?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1774694].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

I have never met a more rude Dr. He was condescending and lectured me (10 minutes) about medical decisions I have made in the past without even asking a medical history...and he was wrong about it... UGH. Do yourself a favor and don't go here!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1774693].votes_count ]]