Ratings for Dr. Michel Degrace

I have been with Dr Degrace since 1979...I can't beleive that its been 35 years. His professional approach and his genuine concern blended with his wonderful sense of humour has help me get through some of the most difficult times in my life. I can't believe that he left us at such a young age on May 31st. I once asked him when he would retire and his response was "you will take care of my patients." I haven't just lost a dedicated doctor but a friend. He will be missed.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I have been with Dr. Degrace since I was a child, why I have stayed I am not sure. The service used to be great but has gone far down hill in the last 10 years. He is quick to make a diagnosis, without letting you speak more then 5 words, If you try and explain he speaks over you. If he is unsure of what is wrong it is even worse. I lost a large amount of weight in 3 months without trying or changing a diet, after not being able to gain any weight Iwas told to return in 6 weeks. As I was losing over 2lbs a week and was under 100lbs this seemed to be a huge problem for me. This office also uses scare tactics and lies to try and push more expensive drugs. After discussing birth control options, I was told it was UNNATURAL for a female to bleed every month and strong hormonal choices to stop it where the best option. Please do not send your young daughters here. This all takes place if it is even possible for you to get an appointment. I haven't been able to get an appointment in almost a year with their new call same day policy and my work schedule.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

Makes me sad to see the care slip so much throughout the years.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Good sense of humor is not the most important factor for the doctor.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

I've been with this doctor since I was a child. Unfortunately over the years, he seems to have forgotten what it means to properly care for his patients. On numerous occasions I have called to get an appt and most of the time, the only available appt was as far as a month later which meant I ended up going to a walk-in clinic or emergency way before I could see him. He is helpful when you can see him but mostly, visits are far after problem has been dealt with. At some point, an appt was booked for me and I was not even informed, follow ups on important tests were not done even after several calls from my part. They were not sent to my obgyn either. I'm still waiting a month and a half later. The secretary did not call lab for results even though lab is next to dr.'s office. His nurse replied that it was my responsability to obtain test results. Weither it is the staffs lack of communication or negligence on his part, I don't know but I do know their is a lack of professionalism.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

I started seeing Dr. De Grace in 2010 and in 2011 was going through some family and work related issues. He was good at making a referral to an in house social worker and prescribing meds but because many of the problems I had did not happen overnight he seemed to grow inpatient when my condition wasn't improving. What bothered me most was his reply during one visit when I shared with him I was still tired, exhausted and depressed especially with a new baby. His answer was "all women are tired, exhausted and depressed" and that I need to move forward - easier said then done. Didn't seem to really care about the patient and how he/she truly feels.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

my mom me an husband dr ,very good if you have a problem he will call specialist quick to try to resolve your problem

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Does not listen, does not care. He's rude and arrogant. Raises his voice to yell over you when you talk to him. Tells you to go to the ER between scheduled appointments rather than calling him.Then why have a family doctor?And if you disagree with him,he yells at you to find yourself another doctor.Would not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2010

Terrible doctor!!! He doesn't pay attention what the patient has to say.He is rude and he was near to kill me with an incorrect dose.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2010

I've had Dr. Degrace as a doctor since I'm 11 I'm now 46. He has been a wonderful MD. He goes out of his way to giveyou excellent service. You couldn't asked for better.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2009