Ratings for Dr. Patrick Pierse

Overall, we really like Dr. Pierse's approach. Unlike many medical staff, he's not quick to jump to worst case scenario. Our daughter has gross developmental delay and we were honestly a little concerned; however, he continuously reassured us that she was fully intact in all other development and that she would make it happen in her own time. Sure enough, it did. My only complaint is that he can come across as dismissive and even a little belittling but, after knowing him for some time, I truly don't believe that this is his intention and that he just wants to ensure that parents aren't panicking about every little issue that arises. Additionally, when my kiddo had a terrible cold at 6 months, he fit me in and told me to never hesitate to call if I have a concern. Every doctor has his pros and cons, but I really do like his laid-back, confident treatment style.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Dr. Pierce was assigned as our pediatrician, our newborn was not feeding properly, and it was noted by several staff that our baby had a very obvious tongue-tie. Upon informing Dr. Pierce that it had been noted, he gave us very quick dismissal, and stated it was a “non issue “. I proceeded to ask the staff about the doctor; “ a good bedside manor” was the best the staff could come up with. Dr. Pierce may have a good bedside manor, but it seems that he may be a poor clinician. My daughter was unable to feed for 3 days. An appointment was made at a third party, who fixed it immediately, because we could not wait a week for AHS to resolve this.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

I would not recommend him. He is nice until you have concerns with your baby. He told me several times to stop listening to nurses and everything is fine and normal to him.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Excellent doctor so grateful to have him, he's amazing at distracting the kids and doing an examination without them noticing.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Feeling very frustrated with him. Last appointment he was rude and disrespectful towards me as a parent and we waited 1 hour to see him although his waiting room was very quiet. He doesn't give any options or explainations for any symptoms I bring up - just saying everything is normal. I won't be taking my children back.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Rude man with very little regard for your concerns and questions. Time to retire!!! When my son was 6-18 moths old I took my son in repeatedly because he was acting strange (sleeping ALL DAY and turning blue around his lips ect...). I explained his episodes and took him in while he had these episodes. He blatantly told me to take him home and feed him and that is he was up for sale he would buy him. At my insistence that something was definitely wrong he booked us in with a heart specialist (who also laughed at me). Turned out he had one more episode and I called an ambulance. We were rushed to the stollery. It was discovered while we were there that my has epilepsy. Undiagnosed for months, he became mentally and physically delayed. He didn't utter his first word until he was almost 5, went through the glenrose for speech and behaviour problems, and STILL at the age of 9 shows signs of delay. Dr Pierse is incompetent. His jokes are demeaning and not funny. Made me feel the worlds worst mom when all I asked for was help. My son still suffers from epilepsy, but with meds and an amazing neurologist the path gets easier.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I had been taking my child to Dr. Pierse from birth to toddler. Generally seeing him was good. He would joke around and was fairly pleasant. Until one day when I took my toddler for a routine check up. He was even farther behind schedule than usual, even though we had a morning appointment. Nothing in the examining room was baby proofed (low hanging chords, easily accessible cupboards, etc). It was all I could do to keep my energetic toddler from completely taking the room apart. Finally, he came in and began scolding me for anything that was even slightly out of place. Then he proceeded to thoroughly and angrily criticize and insult me, my parenting, and my child. I was extremely caught of guard. It seemed out of character, like he was having a bad day and decided to unload on me. Once the appointment was over, I literally ran out of the office fighting back tears. I haven't been back since. I personally don't feel comfortable around someone whose behaviour is so unpredictable. If he really was having that bad of a day, he should have rescheduled his appointments!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Dr. Pierse happened to be the Pediatrician at the hospital when I had my son 4 years ago and I feel so lucky to have him as my children's doctor. He is always putting us at ease and answers any and all questions we may have. He is amazing with kids and I love his old school mentality about kids health and parenting. I wouldn't want anyone else.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I was referred to Dr Pierse by my OB Dr Corbett (whom I can't say enough good things about!) during my pregnancy. Upon first meeting him when my daughter was born I found him nice and funny. He made alot of humorous one liners and seemed like a good guy - even if he didn't really let you get a word in. But with every appointment since I've steadily become more frustrated and upset by him. He doesn't really listen to any of your concerns, he becomes easily frustrated with you if you ask more than one question and makes condescending remarks that leave you feeling like you're a five year old who's been told off, not a concerned parent just trying to do their best. I've lost any faith I had in him now as I'm sure he's written our family off as complainers and probably would tell me she was fine no matter what at this point. I think maybe he's a little too old school and the years are wearing on him, probably time to retire.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

We were assigned dr Pierse at the hospital, he was very pleasant and fun with the baby. However we quickly learned that we placed way too much trust in him than we should. After countless issues being identified as "normal" to his interns checking the baby and him not doing it himself to waiting over an hour for our appts to find out he doesn't look at his patients files before he meets them (his words). He missed 2 MAJOR health issues that we brought up several times and then dismissed them as being minor. I left his office twice in tears as we got blindsided by a significant diagnosis months later with NO information/resources. I had to look it up on my own and had to wait another 6 months for a specialist. Hard to explain all the hurt and anger we have felt over the lack of care we received there but more so the concern for my son. I hope no one has to go through what we did there, no parent should have to do that 😞

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016