Ratings for Dr. Fredrick M. Ellyin

Horrible doctor and staff to match. Seems only interested in herding patients through the office. You will never doubt that you are anything more than a number and insurance claim to this doctor. I had to go elsewhere to get diagnosed with a medical condition that should have been obvious to Dr. Ellyin. Do yourself a favor and keep looking because there are much better doctors out there.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2014

Dr. Ellyin was very good about seeing me the next day after my PCP told him I was pregnant. He seemed dismayed with my unplanned pregnancy and switched my Lantus/Humalog regimen to Lantus/Regular. Later I learned from 3 different endocrinologists that standard procedure is to switch pregnant diabetics from Lantus to NPH, not from Humalog to Regular. All were confused by his decision.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

This doctor is very cold and sarcastic. Does not seem to care about what patient is feeling or what is really wrong. Runs routine tests and often sends medical students to handle the office visits. Once had me come back for a follow-up visit and then had no idea why I was there. Ordered a scan and then misplaced the results. Even the receptionist was unfriendly and unresponsive. My advice - find a more competent doctor.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Does not return phone calls. Does not seem top care about acceptable standards of care and practice.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2008