Ratings for Dr. F Deetlefs

I recently went to my family Dr. for a tick bite, she told me if I have a high fever come in again. She ordered CBC & CRP blood work. Never heard from her. So I wasn't feeling 100% had a mild fever and I went into a walk in clinic. Dr. F Deetlefs put me on antibotics right away.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

I had my son in to see this Dr. 3 times, his partner once, and his replacement twice. They all prescribed pain medication and never once checked his blood pressure. On the third visit when Dr. Deetlef was told that my son was doing everything the Dr. told him, with no improvement, the Dr.'s responded, "In a way that a good thing, it will be a lesson he won't forget." Dr. Deetlef diagnosed my son with 7 degrees of scoliosis with one xray. No physical exam. No blood work. No blood pressure. He judged my son on his lifestyle, gaming. There is no pain with 7 degress of scoliosis. My son was diagnosed with Stage 4 Testicular cancer at the BC Children's Hospital, less then 3 months after his first visit to Dr. Deetlef. He had a 7 pound tumour removed from his stomach, lost a kidney, 30 chemo treatments, 3 surgeries. All he had to do was check his blood pressure and he would have known. I think Dr. Deetlef is the one who needs to learn a lesson. The curve in his spine was the tumour.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

Amazing family doctor. Very patient with us and treats the kids with respect and talks directly to them. We saw Dr. Deetlefs first in emerg and his care and attention to our son was unmeasurable! He is a very kind and caring individual.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

Everytime I go in, I feel so much better, He's very knowledgeable about meds, and other doctors. He sent me to a doctor to get the cartledge in my nose straightned. He;s just a smart, caring person and doesn't look down on people.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2007

Dr. Deetlefs is very patient, as I have 3 small children and find it hard to bring them into public, but Deetlefs is very understanding, as he has small children also. He listens, and shows awesome attention.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2007

Dr. Deetlefs was very helpful, and I appreciated his demeanor, he delivered my first child. He was patient and calming in the during my difficult delivery.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2007

Dr. Deetlefs was early for my appointment, didn't hesitate to order testing to diagnose my condition, provided excellent information and follow up service, ending months of pain and inconvenience.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2007

Diagnosed problems that previous doctor missed, friendly, approachable & knowledgeable. We are pleased to have him as our family doctor

flag | Submitted March 11, 2007

Friendly and caring, very knowlegable and good listener. Have seen in office and in emergency.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2007

ignorant and impossible to discuss anything with.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2006