Ratings for Dr. Michael H. Ries

Made a 1 pm appointment. The assistant escorted me into an exam room. There I sat with no idea of when he may appear. Dr. Ries showed up at 2:30. When he did finally show up, I saw him for less than 3 minutes, then he tells me I need a PFT. I could have done that while waiting for him! This has been every single visit I have had with him, he has never once been on time for my appointment.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2011

Dr. Ries is one of the top pulmonologists in the Chicago area. I became his patient 12 years ago due to a condition that I have called Sarcoidosis. I had previously been put on Prednisone for 3 years and had very bad side effects. Also, when they took me off the drug, the condition would be worse than ever. I found Dr. Ries and asked him if I could try and wean off the prednisone and just take an inhaler. He agreed with this and slowly weaned me off the prednisone. I have been on an inhaler (currently Flovent) for 12 years and my x-rays and lung tests have been stable ever since. God bless Dr. Ries for his expert knowledge, compassion and deep intuition.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Dr. Michael H. Ries's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1975)