Ratings for Dr. Alaa Awadalla

Be prepared to wait. Hours. My first appointment I waited 3 hours past my scheduled time before being shown to an assessment room. This is my second visit, it's has been over 1.5 hours waiting in the waiting room...and am still here. Here's hoping it's not another 1.5 hours before I get to see the MD.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

He delivered our daughter as he was the Dr on shift from DC Obstetrics when we were admitted (we had been under Dr Best for prenatal care, who was wonderful). First time I met him was in triage when he supported our request to delay an IV induction in favour of going home to try some natural methods. I had been expecting him to push the drugs, so I was pleasantly surprised and loved his approach! Luckily our daughter came out while he was still on shift, as she was tricky (sunny side up) and he made me feel confident in delivering her without drugs. He later told me it was likely I would've needed a c-section, but he got me through without one, and for that I am eternally grateful. Humorous, educated and loved by the staff at St B, we feel very lucky to have had him for our delivery.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

Fantastic Doctor, by far the best I've ever had. I have seen him twice for issues with fibroids and cysts. Extremely knowledgeable, empathetic, and takes your concerns seriously. His humour and bedside manner are great, he's professional, easy to talk to. Both times I waited a long time but his care is well worth it. He takes his time. In fact he did a procedure at my consultation appointment that most other doctors would require you to make another appointment for. I left feeling at ease and heard, which I can't say happens very often from my GP. Thank you dr Awadalla for your care, compassion and knowledge.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

A very skilled, capable and professional gynecologist. Very personable and genuinely cares. The whole package. EXCELLENT. Definitely an amazing, knowledgeable and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Amazing Doctor!! I saw him today, because my doctor is on holidays, but i am amazed with his personality and knowledge. He explains everything so well and in details. Gonna for sure have him as my doctor in next pregnacy!!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

FANTASTIC Dr I saw Dr Awadalla today as he was recommended to me by my MD. He explained everything very very well. I've seen other gynaecologists & left confused but not today. I've always had a female but I felt very comfortable with Dr Awadalla. Laughed at his jokes about running late. Remember people if your not happy with your gynaecologist or Dr it's up to your to find a better. But they don't get much better than this.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Great doc. He sent me for extra tests as a precaution and he really made me feel like I was in good hands. Took a long time to get an appointment but maybe it's because he's such a good doc!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Has a great bedside manner, but that doesn't count for much when you A) Can't get an appointment, B) Pushed a completely inexperienced medical student on me (instead of seeing me himself), C) Did not take my questions or concerns seriously, brushing them aside as "women gain weight, women swell during pregnancy", D) Did not issue a urine test the entire pregnancy until it was clear that I had undiagnosed preeclampsia and had to be induced almost immediately. He must have to many patients because any time I requested an appointment, say for 2 weeks out as instructed, the receptionist told me it could not be done and 3 weeks was the best she could do. It was a farce, actually. Multiple appts I was left waiting in the exam room for 40+ min, obviously forgotten, or was told to come back in 90 min. That would be worth it if I had quality care in the 5 minutes I was actually seen by the doctor but I did not. I had gained 10 lbs every 2 weeks for 3 weeks and was told it was normal. I had swelling so bad that I was barely recognisable. I was working part time with high blood pressure because physically it was all I could do and was still not tested for protein in my urine - I should have been on sick leave. It took almost fainting and seeing black spots to be taken seriously. Seemed like a very nice man, but very very rushed. Im sure he is a good doctor but I obviously slipped through the cracks... In a normal pregnancy that's one thing, unacceptable but not necessarily dangerous, but in my case my daughter or I could have been seriously injured or worse. I was so excited to have him because of his rating on this site, and because of a personal referral. I'm just thankful my daughter is now healthy after an NICU stay which another doctor told me could have been avoided if I had proper care.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

شكرا دكتور كنت دايما تعطي حافزا لي ولي زوجي احببنا زيارتنا ووقوفكربجانبنا اتمني لك التوفيق

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

He was wonderful. He has great bedside manner and treated me with respect when I was faced with a difficult decision.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015