Dr. Catherine Allaire

5 1 4.2

You may also like

Rate Dr. Catherine Allaire

Dr. Catherine Allaire's Ratings

It's been many many many years since I saw Dr. Allaire (I was a young teenager at the time) but I remember her great bedside manner, and felt a positive review was worth leaving over 10 years later. She is fantastic, as is/was her staff.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2784442].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I have bee suffering with bad period cramps my whole life, I just knew that it would not get any better. Then for the last year and half I have Endo then created huge Cysts on my ovaries. I was shuffled around from hospital to doctors to know where. I was really losing hope with all the doctors that were not solving my pain problems. I had one last result and it was to get everything removed but I wasn't satisfied with that so I did my own homework and got a second opinion and I am sure glad I got to meet Catherine Allaire. She made me feel welcomed and not rushed at all. The first time I had an appointment and she was called rushed in for her patient she had to reschedule and she got me in right away after the weekend. I was so happy she really cared for my needs. She has a plan for operation on removing Cysts and cleaning endo and I am confident to say I totally trust her and it was worth waiting to get her to do this for me. The staff also was very nice and made me feel apart of their team. Thank you very much

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2779921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. Allaire came highly recommended by my wonderful and experienced GYN in Prince George, to treat my endometriosis and dysfunctional uterine bleeding that wasn't solved with a uterine ablation. She was very kind, professional and thorough in performing a physical exam and reviewing my extensive history. She discussed what options were available to me, and based on her findings she recommended a LAVH (laproscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy). Her booking clerk was very kind and helpful and managed to book my surgery at UBCH, within a few months (based on my work schedule).

I had my LAVH on July 23, 2012 at UBCH and stayed overnight. My pain was well controlled on Tylenol with Dilaudid 2 mg (x 2 doses) for breakthrough pain. I never had any nausea. I was discharged 24 hours post-op and recuperated at a hotel for 3 days before I was feeling up to the 10 hour drive home with my friend.

I had a completely uneventful recovery and still three years later, even with my ovaries in situ, I no longer have the deep seated endo pelvic pain that has plagued me for over 20 years. My follow-up appointment with Dr. Allaire was completely uneventful and she was very pleased with my healing. I am so grateful that we have such an incredible GYN surgeon who specializes in endometriosis, practicing in BC.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2770182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I really had a good visit with Dr. Allaire. She answered all my questions and seemed very professional, but yet caring. She was not rushy or rough and took her time with my appointment. She asked me lots of questions and she seems very knowledgeable and up to date on Medications and Pain Management. I am so glad I went to see her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736042].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

Went to Dr. Allaire for a large fibroid after being told by another specialist that I might need a hysterectomy. She gave me hope by performing a myomectomy and keeping the uterus. I had my surgery at ubc hospital ... Everything went well and just recovering. Very greatful I found this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2633186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I've never had a dr pass the buck so quickly when it comes to medications. She laughed when I told her I was in pain from a cyst and chose to change dosages/medications without thinking of withdrawal symptoms and symptoms of upping doses. Thank god my pharmacist and GP were on top of it and changed how my medications were supposed to be changed. Her skill as a surgeon is amazing and she's top of her industry but bedside manner and compassion are lacking. I was very disappointed when I thought I was finally going to get the help I really needed.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2551325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Dr. Allare is really good at surgery and caring patient. My wife recovered very well and quickly from a surgery of removing both overies and uterus. She was very very nervous before the surgery 'cause she has diabetes. However, she got confidence and felt peace every time after she went to see Dr. Allare. The operation was given in UBC hospital. My wife received very well care from doctors and nurses before and after the surgery. Now she recovered completely from the surgery and felt no any side effects. I'd like to send our sincere thanks to Dr. Allare.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2454736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

i cant say enough good things about this doctor. She performed 3 of 4 surgeries I had. Her nurse, her counselor, her receptionist, her physiotherapist, they are all great. She is very well aware of all the problems I had and offered solutions based on all the knowledge of my thoughts, my husbands thoughts, and tests results. She was terrific, she knew what she was talking about, she called to check up on me, she does phone appointments with me as im from the island, so its costly to go see her all the time. She takes the time to really understand whats happening before she makes any decisions on the care. SHe lists as many options as she can, and lets you choose what and how far you want to go depending on whats happening. I wanted surgery, she did it. then i wanted a fighting chance to get pregnant and now she is sending me to someone for assisted fertility medication as she doesnt anymore, but shes giving me a change before she does anything more. Great experience.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1775513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2014

Dr. Allaire is an extremely competent and confident surgeon and has an amazing bedside manner to boot. I consulted with several surgeons and decided to go with her as she was by far the most knowledgeable and was in surgery much more frequently compared to the other doctors I met with. I underwent a laparotomy surgery to remove huge fibroids and she was able to do it successfully, while preserving my uterus. I would highly recommend her to anyone needing pelvic surgeries. I believe that if I had gone with a different surgeon, my outcome would have been different.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1775512].votes_count ]]