Ratings for Dr. Andrew Budning

Such an inexperienced surgeon who doesn't even know what is he doing... My little one has to undergo the surgery for strabismus twice, with out any success..... My son had intermittent squint to correct this I took him to dr budning he observed him for an year, and then did the surgery as a result of it my sons eyes were over corrected and he has to live with it for an year and during this one year period he was still under his observation and then he did the 2nd surgery as a result of I could not see my sons face it was really looking so odd.. I don't know what he did with his eyes...after few weeks he suggested one more surgery , I was soooooo fed up with the procedure I took all the records and went back home to get it checked, to my astonishment they just took 2 hours to test my sons eyes... Took different measurements, with in 4 days scheduled his surgery .... Now his eyes are perfectly aligned 👍👍... I am very happy now it did not even cost me 1000 CAD... But it was such a big deal to go thru this whole process... I really don't want any one to go thru such a painful situation where u can't do anything but trust the doctor and who is such a dumb...

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Update to my review April 14. I called to reschedule and a soon as the woman knew who I was she cut me off and tried to ignore my concerns. The conversation was again horrible. When I advised I had not received a voicemail to reschedule my appointment she did not apologize. I told her she was treating me poorly and she ignored it and continued to try to do other things. I finally said that if there was acknowledgement or apology this matter would probably be finished and we could move on. Still didn't apologize. She blamed the front desk. It then took her 5 minutes to tell me I had to wait over a month for another appointment. I asked her to talk to somebody else to get me in sooner and she agreed. I have not received a call back since I called April 14th.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I had an appointment scheduled and the card said that if I don't give 24 hours notice to cancel I will be charged. There is a sign in the room advising that I could potentially wait for a long time to see the doctor. They told me I would not get a reminder call for my appointment which was about 6 months in advance. With all this being said they had no respect for my time. I went to my sons appointment to be told it was moved to a different date. Instead of apologizing the lady at the desk immediately started to look at when they contacted me. She then told me a voicemail was left. At the time I wasn't sure if I missed the voicemail but I know I checked my voicemail within the last week. I asked why they wouldn't try to confirm with me instead of just leaving a message and the response was,"we don't have time to keep calling you". So I could wait for hours but you can't take a minute to try again? The lady also decided to make rude comments by saying, "didnt you check your message"?. After all their warnings about being charged and long wait times they can't try a patient twice? I checked on this so called message and there wasn't one. They called one time and no voicemail was left. I confirmed numerous ways that the call did not result in a voicemail. I was so aggravated I just left the office. I will be calling to rebook the appointment and how that they are more respectful this time.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Our daughter was first referred to Dr. Budning by a local eye surgeon after an unsuccessful attempt to correct her strabismus. She was 18 months old at the the time. Dr. Budning prepared her for surgery with eye patching and exercises and she underwent double eye surgery at age 2. She is now almost 12 and has had no need for further surgery. We continue to receive excellent care from Dr. Budning and his staff as he will continue to monitor her as she grows. Yes, it is a busy office-he is a rare specialist in his field. In our opinion, the sometimes long wait is well worth it to have an expert caring for our daughter's precious eyes! The waiting room would not be so crowded if people didn't bring the whole family and the stroller and the carseat etc. in with them. You may feel the staff are impersonal but we feel they are efficient and professional. Imagine how long the wait would be if they stopped to chit chat with every patient! He has always taken time to answer our questions or clarify information. We drive an hour (or like today, 2 hours after a large snowfall) to keep our appointments with Dr Budning, and we accept the fact that we may have to wait but our daughter is worth it!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I had strabismus surgery on November 9 and I'm quite impressed with the results. The only thing is that he told me that I would not need eye drops to heal. However, someone else who had eye surgery told me about a general drop (lubricant) which I used and it helped speed up the recovery.. Apart from that, Dr Budning patiently answered questions and concerns regarding the surgery

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I took some time to see him today , he was fully booked , but it was worth it....

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

They booked me for the 23rd of December at 9:30 in the morning but because I live two and a half hours away with traffic it takes about 5 hours so they change my appointment to January 8th with no problem, I'm seeing him again because I had to postpone surgery because I was having seizures and bothe they got me in pretty quickly, I didn't have to wait 3 months, I don't see what you all are complaining about

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

This doctor is very unprofessional and doesn’t have the knowledge and expertise and capability of an Ophthalmologist. My left eye had a internal bleeding that led to a detached rental; during my initial visits to his office and right as soon as I started to notice that something was wrong with eye; I insisted and kept telling him the condition of my eye was getting worse and worse in each visit and he kept telling me that it was actually getting better and better. He actually at one point got very angry at me since I was insisting that my eye is getting worse. It was not till the last minute that he realized that he was wrong and realized that I had a detached rental; he sent me to St Michael hospital for surgery; I just could get 50% of my vision back. If he had just listen to me he could have send me for surgery earlier and I could get most my vision back. He is very unprofessional and rude and does not have the necessary skills to do his job.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

It is always a nightmare going to his office for an appointment because you know you will have to wait over an hour to be seen and his waiting room does not accommodate the number of patients that are waiting to be seen. The receptionist couldn't find my sons appointment even though I had an email confirmation of it. She indicated that she would fit us in! I was appalled, not only did we wait an hour and a half to be "fitted in" to an appointment that was already made but the attitude was disgusting. Don't double book appointments to bill OHIP to the maximum and then leave patients sitting/standing waiting for their appointment.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

I saw one of the other doctors in this office. He was very helpful and quick in diagnosis. No issues with service. I do, however, get quite a kick out of the snarky signs posted throughout the office: have your health card out BEFORE approaching the desk; don't re-arrange the chairs; no eating in the hallways, video surveillance in effect; etc. They just seem to set the wrong tone. No complaints about the service, though.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015