You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Andrew Budning

Update to my review April 14. I called to reschedule and a soon as the woman knew who I was she cut me off and tried to ignore my concerns. The conversation was again horrible. When I advised I had not received a voicemail to reschedule my appointment she did not apologize. I told her she was treating me poorly and she ignored it and continued to try to do other things. I finally said that if there was acknowledgement or apology this matter would probably be finished and we could move on. Still didn't apologize. She blamed the front desk. It then took her 5 minutes to tell me I had to wait over a month for another appointment. I asked her to talk to somebody else to get me in sooner and she agreed. I have not received a call back since I called April 14th.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I had an appointment scheduled and the card said that if I don't give 24 hours notice to cancel I will be charged. There is a sign in the room advising that I could potentially wait for a long time to see the doctor. They told me I would not get a reminder call for my appointment which was about 6 months in advance. With all this being said they had no respect for my time. I went to my sons appointment to be told it was moved to a different date. Instead of apologizing the lady at the desk immediately started to look at when they contacted me. She then told me a voicemail was left. At the time I wasn't sure if I missed the voicemail but I know I checked my voicemail within the last week. I asked why they wouldn't try to confirm with me instead of just leaving a message and the response was,"we don't have time to keep calling you". So I could wait for hours but you can't take a minute to try again? The lady also decided to make rude comments by saying, "didnt you check your message"?. After all their warnings about being charged and long wait times they can't try a patient twice? I checked on this so called message and there wasn't one. They called one time and no voicemail was left. I confirmed numerous ways that the call did not result in a voicemail. I was so aggravated I just left the office. I will be calling to rebook the appointment and how that they are more respectful this time.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Our daughter was first referred to Dr. Budning by a local eye surgeon after an unsuccessful attempt to correct her strabismus. She was 18 months old at the the time. Dr. Budning prepared her for surgery with eye patching and exercises and she underwent double eye surgery at age 2. She is now almost 12 and has had no need for further surgery. We continue to receive excellent care from Dr. Budning and his staff as he will continue to monitor her as she grows. Yes, it is a busy office-he is a rare specialist in his field. In our opinion, the sometimes long wait is well worth it to have an expert caring for our daughter's precious eyes! The waiting room would not be so crowded if people didn't bring the whole family and the stroller and the carseat etc. in with them. You may feel the staff are impersonal but we feel they are efficient and professional. Imagine how long the wait would be if they stopped to chit chat with every patient! He has always taken time to answer our questions or clarify information. We drive an hour (or like today, 2 hours after a large snowfall) to keep our appointments with Dr Budning, and we accept the fact that we may have to wait but our daughter is worth it!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I had strabismus surgery on November 9 and I'm quite impressed with the results. The only thing is that he told me that I would not need eye drops to heal. However, someone else who had eye surgery told me about a general drop (lubricant) which I used and it helped speed up the recovery.. Apart from that, Dr Budning patiently answered questions and concerns regarding the surgery

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

They booked me for the 23rd of December at 9:30 in the morning but because I live two and a half hours away with traffic it takes about 5 hours so they change my appointment to January 8th with no problem, I'm seeing him again because I had to postpone surgery because I was having seizures and bothe they got me in pretty quickly, I didn't have to wait 3 months, I don't see what you all are complaining about

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

This doctor is very unprofessional and doesn’t have the knowledge and expertise and capability of an Ophthalmologist. My left eye had a internal bleeding that led to a detached rental; during my initial visits to his office and right as soon as I started to notice that something was wrong with eye; I insisted and kept telling him the condition of my eye was getting worse and worse in each visit and he kept telling me that it was actually getting better and better. He actually at one point got very angry at me since I was insisting that my eye is getting worse. It was not till the last minute that he realized that he was wrong and realized that I had a detached rental; he sent me to St Michael hospital for surgery; I just could get 50% of my vision back. If he had just listen to me he could have send me for surgery earlier and I could get most my vision back. He is very unprofessional and rude and does not have the necessary skills to do his job.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

It is always a nightmare going to his office for an appointment because you know you will have to wait over an hour to be seen and his waiting room does not accommodate the number of patients that are waiting to be seen. The receptionist couldn't find my sons appointment even though I had an email confirmation of it. She indicated that she would fit us in! I was appalled, not only did we wait an hour and a half to be "fitted in" to an appointment that was already made but the attitude was disgusting. Don't double book appointments to bill OHIP to the maximum and then leave patients sitting/standing waiting for their appointment.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

I saw one of the other doctors in this office. He was very helpful and quick in diagnosis. No issues with service. I do, however, get quite a kick out of the snarky signs posted throughout the office: have your health card out BEFORE approaching the desk; don't re-arrange the chairs; no eating in the hallways, video surveillance in effect; etc. They just seem to set the wrong tone. No complaints about the service, though.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Absolutely the worst doctor and office and staff. Bar none.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Dr. Andrew Budning's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Update to my review April 14. I called to reschedule and a soon as the woman knew who I was she cut me off and tried to ignore my concerns. The conversation was..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I had an appointment scheduled and the card said that if I don't give 24 hours notice to cancel I will be charged. There is a sign in the room advising that I c..."

April 14, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Our daughter was first referred to Dr. Budning by a local eye surgeon after an unsuccessful attempt to correct her strabismus. She was 18 months old at the the..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I had strabismus surgery on November 9 and I'm quite impressed with the results. The only thing is that he told me that I would not need eye drops to heal. Howe..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I took some time to see him today , he was fully booked , but it was worth it.... "

January 6, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "They booked me for the 23rd of December at 9:30 in the morning but because I live two and a half hours away with traffic it takes about 5 hours so they change m..."

December 17, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is very unprofessional and doesn’t have the knowledge and expertise and capability of an Ophthalmologist. My left eye had a internal bleeding that l..."

December 15, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "It is always a nightmare going to his office for an appointment because you know you will have to wait over an hour to be seen and his waiting room does not acc..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I saw one of the other doctors in this office. He was very helpful and quick in diagnosis. No issues with service. I do, however, get quite a kick out of the sn..."

November 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely the worst doctor and office and staff. Bar none. "

October 30, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Budning and his staff are not personal at all. This is not a happy practice. It is never a nice experience to go there. My son has been going there for ov..."

October 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In response to comments below, Dr. Budning is correct in saying optometrists are not medical doctors. They are doctors in optometry. Dr. B is an Ophthalmologist..."

September 19, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This Doctor and most of his staff are horrible. My daughter had surgery with this man in April. We are now in September and her eye is killing her. We have trie..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Long waits low acuracy and poor follow through. Did not explain complication until after they occurred. "

September 2, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I got a referral from my optometrist and Dr. Budning did both my eye surgeries. He helped me with the process of eye surgery and my surgery were quite quick. He..."

August 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred by my optometrist and it was not brought up once, no issue there. I was referred in December, had my first appointment in February, and could hav..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Budning is a wonderful surgeon. He transformed our daughter's eyes, and she can see very well now. For the first time in over a year, she has proper align..."

May 30, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Takes long to be seen but it's worth it as he is true knowledgable specialist."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Give yourself between 1.5 - 3 hours for every visit. He criticised my optometrist too. My referral came from my optometrist, he told me to get another referral..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have taken both my children to Dr.Budning on separate occasions and will not be going back. He criticised optometrist care and told me to bring my youngest ..."

March 5, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I had surgery for my strabismus 8 years ago and still to this day I'm very happy with the results. Dr. Budning is a excellent doctor, I highly recommend him! Th..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Had a surgery to fix my strabismus when I was 16 Years ago (over 15 year ago!) and my eyes were great then, and still great now. I remember feeling safe, like h..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome with kids my daughter loves him very gentle and kind"

January 4, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have been taking my kids to Dr Budning for 14 years. 2/3 of my kids had strabismus. My odest had surgery on one eye and my middle child had surgery on both ey..."

October 22, 2014