Ratings for Dr. Andrew Budning

Dr. Biding is extremely arrogant and has horrible bedside manner. I wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

My daughter was diagnosed out of Canada. I took her to this institute. From the moment we enterd the clinic it was really horrible. The staff at the reception was very rude. Speaking in a way as if we are begging her, she tried her best to let us pay in cash. The waiting area is miserable. The clinic is more miserable. He examined my daughter in a very primitive way, as if we are in the 1950's, even the stick he is using as a pointer is broken. I can hardly understand him. He recommended a very out-dated methode that is not working with kids. We took an appointment after 6 months... the funny thing they didn't remind us for the appoint, but once it is missed, they reminded us that we are to pay $45 in cash I've never seen such neglecting medical institute as them. I recommed people not to go their unless the staff become polite and professional. I wish there is a tool to assess the medical institutes through the OHIP so these people deal in a professional way

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Dr. Budning is extremely knowledgeable takes his time to explain the clients situation. Excellent Dr.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I am so grateful that Dr. Budning performed successful surgeries on me that reversed a debilitating, progressive condition. His staff has always been extremely helpful, answering questions, and responding quickly.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I've had a history of botched strabismus correction surgeries (my eye turned in when I was born and was turned out by two "corrective" surgeries as a toddler, then temporarily improved by a third surgery in my teens). My fourth (and hopefully final) surgery was with Dr. Budning this week (June 20th). As an adult patient, I appreciate Dr. Budning's frank attitude. He gave me realistic expectations for the outcome of the surgery, described his plans of attack depending on what he encountered in the operating room/how I responded to the surgery, and is going to follow up with determining my proper prescription for corrective lenses since apparently my last eye exam didn't quite get the right numbers (which can have an effect on eye alignment due to strain during focusing). The surgical experience at Credit Valley hospital was so far the most pleasant and efficient of my life. For those who have provided low ratings due to this inexplicable need for the office to book surgeries before they are deemed necessary, they are trying to do you a favour. If the surgery date is selected in advance, it will ultimately lead to a more rapid treatment than if you wait the time it takes to actually be assessed by Dr. Budning himself and THEN book the surgery. This was explained to me at my first appointment, but maybe not everyone gets the message. They won't proceed with the surgery if it isn't necessary, but it's better to have the slot booked in advance in case it is necessary, since there is such a busy surgical schedule. After 30 years, I can finally look people straight in the eyes, and I have Dr. Budning and his staff to thank for that.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Budning and staff are professional & efficient! Dr. Budning successfully operated on both of my eyes, once when I was age 32 and again age 34. Both surgeries were smooth and exactly as described. I am so grateful for Dr. Budning's brilliant surgical skills, Cathie's kind approach as a knowledgeable orthoptist and the warm office staff.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Whenever I go there for my children's eye exam it always takes hours in waiting at the clinic which needs improvement. The waiting area is so run down and speaks for itself. Any sane person can guess how would the doctor treat his patients who cannot keep his office in good condition.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Surprised to hear of a few bad experiences. I was referred to Budning by another ophthalmologist who was unable to correct my case of strabismus. He operated on me when I was 13 and once again when I was 24. Before the first operation, he advised that he would likely need to undergo another operation years after to fully correct my strabismus. The staff were very efficient in getting my surgery scheduled on the earliest available date. The surgeries went well, no complications except for double vision after the first surgery. I no longer required prescription glasses after the first surgery, and my lazy eyes immensely improved after the second. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Br. Budning did my daughter's surgery 12 years ago. Her eyes have improved. We see him regulary-at least 2 times a year. His bedside manner with kids is horrible. He whispers and talks so fast that you can barely hear him. He never looks the child in the eyes and directly speaks to them. My daughter feels nervous every time we see him. It seems he is really overbooked and does not have any time for common courtesy. But when you are dealing with your vision you need someone who treats you as a person not as a $ or a number.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Unfriendly staff and doctor. Waited for 8 months for appointment as he is the only one in Mississauga for kids. Waited for 2 hours for our turn. Doctor did not explain in detail why our son's number has been increasing.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017