You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Andrew Budning

I had strabismus surgery on November 9 and I'm quite impressed with the results. The only thing is that he told me that I would not need eye drops to heal. However, someone else who had eye surgery told me about a general drop (lubricant) which I used and it helped speed up the recovery.. Apart from that, Dr Budning patiently answered questions and concerns regarding the surgery

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

They booked me for the 23rd of December at 9:30 in the morning but because I live two and a half hours away with traffic it takes about 5 hours so they change my appointment to January 8th with no problem, I'm seeing him again because I had to postpone surgery because I was having seizures and bothe they got me in pretty quickly, I didn't have to wait 3 months, I don't see what you all are complaining about

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

This doctor is very unprofessional and doesn’t have the knowledge and expertise and capability of an Ophthalmologist. My left eye had a internal bleeding that led to a detached rental; during my initial visits to his office and right as soon as I started to notice that something was wrong with eye; I insisted and kept telling him the condition of my eye was getting worse and worse in each visit and he kept telling me that it was actually getting better and better. He actually at one point got very angry at me since I was insisting that my eye is getting worse. It was not till the last minute that he realized that he was wrong and realized that I had a detached rental; he sent me to St Michael hospital for surgery; I just could get 50% of my vision back. If he had just listen to me he could have send me for surgery earlier and I could get most my vision back. He is very unprofessional and rude and does not have the necessary skills to do his job.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

It is always a nightmare going to his office for an appointment because you know you will have to wait over an hour to be seen and his waiting room does not accommodate the number of patients that are waiting to be seen. The receptionist couldn't find my sons appointment even though I had an email confirmation of it. She indicated that she would fit us in! I was appalled, not only did we wait an hour and a half to be "fitted in" to an appointment that was already made but the attitude was disgusting. Don't double book appointments to bill OHIP to the maximum and then leave patients sitting/standing waiting for their appointment.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

I saw one of the other doctors in this office. He was very helpful and quick in diagnosis. No issues with service. I do, however, get quite a kick out of the snarky signs posted throughout the office: have your health card out BEFORE approaching the desk; don't re-arrange the chairs; no eating in the hallways, video surveillance in effect; etc. They just seem to set the wrong tone. No complaints about the service, though.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Absolutely the worst doctor and office and staff. Bar none.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Dr. Budning and his staff are not personal at all. This is not a happy practice. It is never a nice experience to go there. My son has been going there for over a year and we have quit on him! He is always late, not very approachable, hates to answer any questions and is kind of rude. I would not recommend this doctor to anybody. You do not feel comfortable talking to him.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

In response to comments below, Dr. Budning is correct in saying optometrists are not medical doctors. They are doctors in optometry. Dr. B is an Ophthalmologist, which is a medical doctor. I highly doubt he is concerned about OHIP billing, considering he works as a specialist at sick kids and his wait list can be up to 2 years long in his own practice. Specialists in Ophthalmology are surgeons and researchers. Optometrists have their own role as well in providing eye care, but they are not medical doctors. You are lucky to have seen him. I'm trying to get an appointment for my son and it has a real challenge. I've got to see an optometrist first and then I can get a faster referral.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

This Doctor and most of his staff are horrible. My daughter had surgery with this man in April. We are now in September and her eye is killing her. We have tried to call to make an appointment and get nothing. No concern about his patients at all. He does not tell you about complications that can occur. Even after the surgery he would not come and talk to us until the hospital nurses cornered him and made him chat with us. The surgery did not correct what he said it would do. Shame on your Dr. Budning for letting your staff not get messages to you.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Andrew Budning's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I had strabismus surgery on November 9 and I'm quite impressed with the results. The only thing is that he told me that I would not need eye drops to heal. Howe..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I took some time to see him today , he was fully booked , but it was worth it.... "

January 6, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "They booked me for the 23rd of December at 9:30 in the morning but because I live two and a half hours away with traffic it takes about 5 hours so they change m..."

December 17, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is very unprofessional and doesn’t have the knowledge and expertise and capability of an Ophthalmologist. My left eye had a internal bleeding that l..."

December 15, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "It is always a nightmare going to his office for an appointment because you know you will have to wait over an hour to be seen and his waiting room does not acc..."

December 2, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I saw one of the other doctors in this office. He was very helpful and quick in diagnosis. No issues with service. I do, however, get quite a kick out of the sn..."

November 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely the worst doctor and office and staff. Bar none. "

October 30, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Budning and his staff are not personal at all. This is not a happy practice. It is never a nice experience to go there. My son has been going there for ov..."

October 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In response to comments below, Dr. Budning is correct in saying optometrists are not medical doctors. They are doctors in optometry. Dr. B is an Ophthalmologist..."

September 19, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This Doctor and most of his staff are horrible. My daughter had surgery with this man in April. We are now in September and her eye is killing her. We have trie..."

September 14, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Long waits low acuracy and poor follow through. Did not explain complication until after they occurred. "

September 2, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I got a referral from my optometrist and Dr. Budning did both my eye surgeries. He helped me with the process of eye surgery and my surgery were quite quick. He..."

August 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred by my optometrist and it was not brought up once, no issue there. I was referred in December, had my first appointment in February, and could hav..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Budning is a wonderful surgeon. He transformed our daughter's eyes, and she can see very well now. For the first time in over a year, she has proper align..."

May 30, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Takes long to be seen but it's worth it as he is true knowledgable specialist."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Give yourself between 1.5 - 3 hours for every visit. He criticised my optometrist too. My referral came from my optometrist, he told me to get another referral..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have taken both my children to Dr.Budning on separate occasions and will not be going back. He criticised optometrist care and told me to bring my youngest ..."

March 5, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I had surgery for my strabismus 8 years ago and still to this day I'm very happy with the results. Dr. Budning is a excellent doctor, I highly recommend him! Th..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Had a surgery to fix my strabismus when I was 16 Years ago (over 15 year ago!) and my eyes were great then, and still great now. I remember feeling safe, like h..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome with kids my daughter loves him very gentle and kind"

January 4, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have been taking my kids to Dr Budning for 14 years. 2/3 of my kids had strabismus. My odest had surgery on one eye and my middle child had surgery on both ey..."

October 22, 2014