Ratings for Dr. Andrew Budning

I am so grateful that Dr. Budning performed successful surgeries on me that reversed a debilitating, progressive condition. His staff has always been extremely helpful, answering questions, and responding quickly.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I've had a history of botched strabismus correction surgeries (my eye turned in when I was born and was turned out by two "corrective" surgeries as a toddler, then temporarily improved by a third surgery in my teens). My fourth (and hopefully final) surgery was with Dr. Budning this week (June 20th). As an adult patient, I appreciate Dr. Budning's frank attitude. He gave me realistic expectations for the outcome of the surgery, described his plans of attack depending on what he encountered in the operating room/how I responded to the surgery, and is going to follow up with determining my proper prescription for corrective lenses since apparently my last eye exam didn't quite get the right numbers (which can have an effect on eye alignment due to strain during focusing). The surgical experience at Credit Valley hospital was so far the most pleasant and efficient of my life. For those who have provided low ratings due to this inexplicable need for the office to book surgeries before they are deemed necessary, they are trying to do you a favour. If the surgery date is selected in advance, it will ultimately lead to a more rapid treatment than if you wait the time it takes to actually be assessed by Dr. Budning himself and THEN book the surgery. This was explained to me at my first appointment, but maybe not everyone gets the message. They won't proceed with the surgery if it isn't necessary, but it's better to have the slot booked in advance in case it is necessary, since there is such a busy surgical schedule. After 30 years, I can finally look people straight in the eyes, and I have Dr. Budning and his staff to thank for that.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Budning and staff are professional & efficient! Dr. Budning successfully operated on both of my eyes, once when I was age 32 and again age 34. Both surgeries were smooth and exactly as described. I am so grateful for Dr. Budning's brilliant surgical skills, Cathie's kind approach as a knowledgeable orthoptist and the warm office staff.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2017

Whenever I go there for my children's eye exam it always takes hours in waiting at the clinic which needs improvement. The waiting area is so run down and speaks for itself. Any sane person can guess how would the doctor treat his patients who cannot keep his office in good condition.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Surprised to hear of a few bad experiences. I was referred to Budning by another ophthalmologist who was unable to correct my case of strabismus. He operated on me when I was 13 and once again when I was 24. Before the first operation, he advised that he would likely need to undergo another operation years after to fully correct my strabismus. The staff were very efficient in getting my surgery scheduled on the earliest available date. The surgeries went well, no complications except for double vision after the first surgery. I no longer required prescription glasses after the first surgery, and my lazy eyes immensely improved after the second. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Br. Budning did my daughter's surgery 12 years ago. Her eyes have improved. We see him regulary-at least 2 times a year. His bedside manner with kids is horrible. He whispers and talks so fast that you can barely hear him. He never looks the child in the eyes and directly speaks to them. My daughter feels nervous every time we see him. It seems he is really overbooked and does not have any time for common courtesy. But when you are dealing with your vision you need someone who treats you as a person not as a $ or a number.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Unfriendly staff and doctor. Waited for 8 months for appointment as he is the only one in Mississauga for kids. Waited for 2 hours for our turn. Doctor did not explain in detail why our son's number has been increasing.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

This office is a joke. Extreamly un professional! My 4 year old son has a lazy eye and was reffered to them. The first appointment as a joke just told me to continue with the eye patching and return in six months and also book surgury due to waiting list... well went back on mar 1 for booked appointment and was told that he was not booked very rudely but they had the booked surgury. In what right mind would a doctor and staff have surgury with a 4 year old without making sure it is needed. This office should be shut down absolutely appolling ive canceled all appointments and advise anyone else to not take their child to this sham of a practice. They also have a policy that only one adult allowed in which seems like they dont want creditable witnesses to their malpractice! If i could rate no stars this would be the one!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Not a very helpful doctor , does not even have time to say Hello , to a child who has been waiting for 2 hours , for a scheduled appointment. Did not prescribe antibiotic drops for my child after surgery , and he ended up with infection .

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

We have been seeing Dr Budning for 10 years for our daughter born with congenital cataracts. At that time no other Dr or specialis there could help and in fact one specialist referred us to the CNIB!!!! Through the years Dr Budning has been amazing- yes he is busy and emergencies happen that may cause delays but that has more to do with the lack of equivalent specialists- there are 2 in all of the GTA and Golden horseshoe. While we are now essentially on maintenance and bi-annual follow ups - whenever we are at his office we are reminded how incredibly lucky we were to have been referred to this special doctor and what could have been had we not.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016