Ratings for Dr. Andrew Budning

Not a very helpful doctor , does not even have time to say Hello , to a child who has been waiting for 2 hours , for a scheduled appointment. Did not prescribe antibiotic drops for my child after surgery , and he ended up with infection .

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

We have been seeing Dr Budning for 10 years for our daughter born with congenital cataracts. At that time no other Dr or specialis there could help and in fact one specialist referred us to the CNIB!!!! Through the years Dr Budning has been amazing- yes he is busy and emergencies happen that may cause delays but that has more to do with the lack of equivalent specialists- there are 2 in all of the GTA and Golden horseshoe. While we are now essentially on maintenance and bi-annual follow ups - whenever we are at his office we are reminded how incredibly lucky we were to have been referred to this special doctor and what could have been had we not.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Yesterday a young lady that I know well commented how worried she was about her little boy as nobody seems to be able to help him with his eye problem. Well, this made me think of when my son was a toddler and Dr. Budning literally saved his eye sight in one eye. It was dreadful in the waiting room and reminded me of when I lived in the tropic where every family member came to the appointment very silly to do here but hey the family worries and I understand. The staff was cool and efficient Dr. Budning was amazing with our son a sweet shy little boy he had him smiling and I will forever be grateful as my son is now 27 yrs old and as I just found out that Dr. Budning now takes adults which he did not do way back well I will tell my son as he ages there is a Dr. that is absolutely terrific and I have just recommended him to this young friend of my families to help her son as well. For the time we waited every minute every hr. was worth it Marion Primeau

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Such an inexperienced surgeon who doesn't even know what is he doing... My little one has to undergo the surgery for strabismus twice, with out any success..... My son had intermittent squint to correct this I took him to dr budning he observed him for an year, and then did the surgery as a result of it my sons eyes were over corrected and he has to live with it for an year and during this one year period he was still under his observation and then he did the 2nd surgery as a result of I could not see my sons face it was really looking so odd.. I don't know what he did with his eyes...after few weeks he suggested one more surgery , I was soooooo fed up with the procedure I took all the records and went back home to get it checked, to my astonishment they just took 2 hours to test my sons eyes... Took different measurements, with in 4 days scheduled his surgery .... Now his eyes are perfectly aligned 👍👍... I am very happy now it did not even cost me 1000 CAD... But it was such a big deal to go thru this whole process... I really don't want any one to go thru such a painful situation where u can't do anything but trust the doctor and who is such a dumb...

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Update to my review April 14. I called to reschedule and a soon as the woman knew who I was she cut me off and tried to ignore my concerns. The conversation was again horrible. When I advised I had not received a voicemail to reschedule my appointment she did not apologize. I told her she was treating me poorly and she ignored it and continued to try to do other things. I finally said that if there was acknowledgement or apology this matter would probably be finished and we could move on. Still didn't apologize. She blamed the front desk. It then took her 5 minutes to tell me I had to wait over a month for another appointment. I asked her to talk to somebody else to get me in sooner and she agreed. I have not received a call back since I called April 14th.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I had an appointment scheduled and the card said that if I don't give 24 hours notice to cancel I will be charged. There is a sign in the room advising that I could potentially wait for a long time to see the doctor. They told me I would not get a reminder call for my appointment which was about 6 months in advance. With all this being said they had no respect for my time. I went to my sons appointment to be told it was moved to a different date. Instead of apologizing the lady at the desk immediately started to look at when they contacted me. She then told me a voicemail was left. At the time I wasn't sure if I missed the voicemail but I know I checked my voicemail within the last week. I asked why they wouldn't try to confirm with me instead of just leaving a message and the response was,"we don't have time to keep calling you". So I could wait for hours but you can't take a minute to try again? The lady also decided to make rude comments by saying, "didnt you check your message"?. After all their warnings about being charged and long wait times they can't try a patient twice? I checked on this so called message and there wasn't one. They called one time and no voicemail was left. I confirmed numerous ways that the call did not result in a voicemail. I was so aggravated I just left the office. I will be calling to rebook the appointment and how that they are more respectful this time.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Our daughter was first referred to Dr. Budning by a local eye surgeon after an unsuccessful attempt to correct her strabismus. She was 18 months old at the the time. Dr. Budning prepared her for surgery with eye patching and exercises and she underwent double eye surgery at age 2. She is now almost 12 and has had no need for further surgery. We continue to receive excellent care from Dr. Budning and his staff as he will continue to monitor her as she grows. Yes, it is a busy office-he is a rare specialist in his field. In our opinion, the sometimes long wait is well worth it to have an expert caring for our daughter's precious eyes! The waiting room would not be so crowded if people didn't bring the whole family and the stroller and the carseat etc. in with them. You may feel the staff are impersonal but we feel they are efficient and professional. Imagine how long the wait would be if they stopped to chit chat with every patient! He has always taken time to answer our questions or clarify information. We drive an hour (or like today, 2 hours after a large snowfall) to keep our appointments with Dr Budning, and we accept the fact that we may have to wait but our daughter is worth it!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I had strabismus surgery on November 9 and I'm quite impressed with the results. The only thing is that he told me that I would not need eye drops to heal. However, someone else who had eye surgery told me about a general drop (lubricant) which I used and it helped speed up the recovery.. Apart from that, Dr Budning patiently answered questions and concerns regarding the surgery

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I took some time to see him today , he was fully booked , but it was worth it....

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

They booked me for the 23rd of December at 9:30 in the morning but because I live two and a half hours away with traffic it takes about 5 hours so they change my appointment to January 8th with no problem, I'm seeing him again because I had to postpone surgery because I was having seizures and bothe they got me in pretty quickly, I didn't have to wait 3 months, I don't see what you all are complaining about

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015