Ratings for Dr. Tom Kotalik

There for you. #1 Talks and understanding Wait time skmetimes late but other than thst hes wicked

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

Dr. Kotalik has been my family doctor since he started at the Norfolk clinic and I have nothing negative to say about him. He's amazing and very friendly. He almost always personally calls me if he doesn't have an answer to a question I ask to give me that answer. His staff is very friendly but also rushed as it's a busy clinic. Definitely worth the wait time

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Dr Kotalik is great! Treated my husband and family for years and I've just become a patient at his practice and have nothing negative to say!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

I agree with everyone. The wait is worth it...annoying but worth it. I am lucky to have Dr. Kotalik as he is always willing to listen to what I have to say. I have many friends who are only allowed to ask their doctor 2 questions and then they have to make another appointment. Dr. Kotalik is friendly and very caring and I brag about him all the time. All I would ask from his staff would be to smile when I get to reception. I know and can appreciate how busy you are but a smile and a hello would make all the difference. The nurses have been great.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2016

I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Kotalik as my family physician. He is incredibly compassionate and knowledgable. I know he often runs late, but it is because of the time and attention he gives to his patients. I consider it a small price to pay for the excellent care I receive. I know if, I require extra time during my appointment he will not rush me. In turn as his patient, I never complain about waiting; I simply bring a book. I don't think I could find a doctor, I would feel more comfortable with. Fantastic doctor and human being. I've had many appointments with Dr. Kotalik and have never had any issues with the reception staff. I don't think they are overly friendly, but they have certainly never been rude. I just think it is a busy practice.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

I would agree the only complaint is usally the 2hr. wait I do not make appts. unless nessessary and Dr. Kotalik is a wonderful,knowledgable ,caring person yes I've waited but there have been times that I too needed extra time and the Dr. never hurry's you out and listens to everything you have to say I think he is one of the best as for the reception staff they are rude

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Love the care and time he takes with each patient. Hate that it makes my appointment no less than 90 minutes late each time.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Although waiting time can be long sometimes, he is very good natured, helpful and willing to spend time with you. I saw him about an issue and needed a referral for something else, he realized I would need a more up to date physical for the referral and gave me a quick checkup so I wouldn't have to make another appointment. He must do this kind of thing often since he falls behind. I think lately, he is getting better at being on time though.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2014

I have no complaint with Dr. Kotalik, apart from the wait time. One of his staff posted that the reason for the long wait is that many of his patients are older or have complicated symptoms. With this knowledge, there should be more time allocated to each person. The only reason for long wait times is disorganization. My complaint is with the reception staff. I've been going to this practice for 35 years and have been a patient of Drs. Brodie-Brown, Rafla and now Kotalik. Throughout this time the reception staff have been consistently rude, disrespectful, condescending and sometimes openly antagonistic. I visit Dr. Kotalik about once every 18 months and never bother him for minor ailments. I called today to make an appointment and was told that the soonest I could see him would be July 24/13 - that's over a month away. I asked if I could see another doctor and the answer was, "No." No explanation or reason given. Is rudeness a required qualification for this job?

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

In two words: Fantastic doctor! Yes, you will certainly wait to see him, the longest I have had to wait was 5.5 hrs. The average wait time is 1 to 1.5 hours now, which is great. I never make another appt. on the same day, if I am seeing him. So when I see these whiners who complain about a 15 or 30 minute wait, I feel like slapping their face if I could. The reason he is always late is due to the fact that he pays absolutely no attention to the clock. He concentrates on you and what your concerns or medical issues are. I am one of his most complicated and difficult patients to treat, yet he never brushes me off, is always friendly and helpful. I have a great back and forth relationship with him. If I suggest a new drug or treatment I have read about; he will look into it, to see if it would benefit me or not. If necessary, he will readily refer you to a specialist or for a medical diagnostic test. He's the best family physician you could ask for. You're his patient, so be PATIENT!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011