Ratings for Dr. Philip Leo

Dr. Leo is the BEST PCP ever. Been with him for many years. He is well educated, compassionate & will take all the time needed to provide you with a complete exam. As for his staff....:(

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Leo has excellent bedside manner. You are never rushed and he answers your questions in laymen terms. He is always available and I always get an appointment on the day I am sick. I have never had to wait in his office for more than 30 minutes to be seen. His staff can sometimes be rude but on the most part are getting better. Honestly over the past year I have had no problems, they are more than helpful, specially when I need a referral. My whole family sees him and I would not change him. Thank you dr. leo.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Leo for over 15 years. However, I will be looking for a new docTor as of today. Dr. Leo is very nice, but the staff he chooses to employ are rude, nasty and incompetent. Two years ago, they "misread" my pregnancy test and sent me for a Cat Scan. which the radiologist immediately stopped. Today, when I called to make an appointment for a sore throat, the woman who answered and refused to give me her name when I called back, yelled "You have to call back! I can't answer all the phones by myself!" and HUNG UP! I called back and she refused her name and just hung up again. The doctor needs to pay attention to what is going on at his reception desk. He has lost 4 patients.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Doctor Leo has been our family physician for twenty years. He has an impeccable "bedside manner", is professional, explains every detail of examination, his findings, etc. His referral of a lady neurologist back in '05 was a major factor in hooking-up with an excellent neurosurgeon who removed a tumor inside my spinal cord - he saved my life. Has only displayed what could pass for anger ONCE as the result of my failing to curb my BP. Actually knows how to smile, unlike some docs. Staff was a nightmare to deal with years ago, but since moving to current location, the ladies are very pleasant and know what they are doing. Without hesitation, I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Leo, and while I cannot speak to the legitimacy of the individuals who offered-up far less glowing remarks, all I can say is that they are not describing the man my wife, (now grown and married) son and daughter, and myself have come to know these past twenty years.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

Dr. Leo has a great bedside manner - he treated myself and my uncle who has long term lung & heart disease. He is a very good Doc and I can't even imagine him doing the things it says in some of these reviews. We continue to use him, he takes me that day if I am sick - there is a wait, no doubt, but I always get in the day that I am sick. The girls in his office can be rude if they are busy, but stress at work often makes people short. I wouldn't hold that against the practice - the doctor himself is wonderful and I always recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

In 1995, I saw Dr. Leo for severe headaches. After a year, he diagnosed me with a sinus condition that he said needed surgery. Sinus specialist said NO-my sinuses were perfect. 7 months, thousands of narcotics, and a new MD later, the actual condition was TMJ. Splint therapy ended headaches and cured TMJ.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

previous comments submitted are all on target--yes he is patient, listens,explains lab reports,not a rush visit,answers academic questions,etc above all i am very happy with him---dom

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008

Great doctor, very personable, listens to what you have to say and don't rush you. The best PMC doc i have ever seen!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2006

Great doctor. Good bedside manner.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2005

Dr. Philip Leo's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

• BCBS Illinois