Ratings for Dr. Mark Roome

Dr. Roome was my daughter's pediatrician at birth. We had not been to him for about 4 years and went in for her annual physical. I remembered Dr. Roome to always be very professional and knowledgeable and had a very good bedside manner. He was always very thorough in answering my ?s & concerns. This time, he came across as very uptight, arrogant and perhaps even a bit annoyed. It was hard to read what his problem was but I felt like he was almost on the verge of being rude. I chose not to get into a debate with him telling me to give my daughter 3 glasses of milk a day so she can get her Vitamin D, and then to slather her with cancer causing sunscreen so her body can't naturally create Vitamin D during the few sunny months of the year we get it. What I do know for certain, is that just because your doctor says it's healthy doesn't mean it is. They are doctors and while wise, knowledgeable and god sent in many ways, not all ways. I will not go to a doctor who is rude. Other choices!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

I've had great luck with Dr. Roome. I appreciate his conservative approach to treating my children--I never worry about him pushing tests that we don't really need or being prescribed too much medicine. He also has a very laid back approach to growth and weight--which I appreciate as the mother of a skinny kid. He is excellent.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr.Roome has always treated and explained any of my kid's illnesses. He is extremly knowledgable and I would trust him with any of my or others medical needs.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2010

Dr Roome put my daughter on Ibuprofen for 5 days even though she had high fever for 5 days. Never issued any test(X-ray, blood test) even though her fever was lurking around 103 & 105 F temperature. His opinion was high fever doesn't concern him unless he sees any acute symptoms(like chocking ). We switched to another Pediatrician and she was immediately diagnosed of Pneumonia. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009

Dr. Mark Roome's Credentials

• Univ Of The Witwatersrand, Med Sch, Johannesburg, So Africa (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Flossmoor, IL