Ratings for Dr. Mary Nowak

Had an appointment with Dr. M. Nowak at Boxgrove Med Centre. She is the cutest most helpful doctor I've ever been too. She was joking around with me because she knew I was stressed. No matter what I told her, she never judged me and just made me felt reassured. I wish I found her earlier.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I completely agree the previous comment. I called her office very recently because I just found out that I am pregnant for the 2nd time. With my first pregnancy, Dr. Nowak didn't really need to do much...just order an early ultrasound (due to the fact that I am considered high risk) as well as refer me to an OB and genetics appt. at the hospital. I was told that she is retiring at the end of the month and she won't have time to do that for me. I have found her care extremely disappointing over the last few years and like the comment previous to mine, I too have not seen her in years. I have been with her since the very beginning of her career and feel that I am entitled to some loyalty and at very least some help when I have needed it the most. Completely disappointed with my family doctor and hope that I can replace her with someone much better at managing patient care!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

I love, LOVE Dr. Nowak, but have issues with her staff, they are so NOT helpful. IMPOSSIBLE to get appointments-I haven't seen my "family physician" in years becuase it's impossible to get in to see her when you NEED to (for an imminent illness)& now Dr. Nowak's leaving her practice with no replacement at this time and no announcement to her patients. What are we supposed to do? And walk-in clinics in Markham are a joke for the most part.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

I couldn't agree more with the two previous comments. Mary truly is an amazing doctor, but call in and there is definitely the 'go away and don't bother me' approach by the staff, if and when they answer the phone. Call now, and you will be crisply told, "we are booking in July" - wonder how many former patients even bother?

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

I have no problem with Dr. Nowak but I think her reception staff leave something to be desired. They rarely anwer the phone and when they do, they rush you. Not very pleasant. I think they have the phone off the hook most of the time.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2009

I completely agree with the previous comment. I have been a patient of Dr. Nowak's since I was a teenager...over 20 years now. It is becoming virtually impossible to get an appointment with her! I am reasonalble enough to understand that I may have to wait a few days or maybe a week for an appt. but there have been times when I really needed to see her and I was told that my options were to go to a walk-in clinic. This is not the treatment or care that I expect from a physician that I have been loyal to and trusted with my health for many, many years. I do know that she divides her time with her cosmetic procedure appts. which no doubt nets her more $ than her family physician practice. However, once she cut her family practice hours, her patients should have been notified that she would be less available for general appts...it would have been the fair thing to do! I find myself torn...she is a fantastic doctor but I need a doctor who I can rely on to be there when I need her!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2009

I was a patient of Dr. Nowak's for many, many years. I really, really liked her. However in the last few years it became increasingly difficult to get an appointment to see her. The waiting time became longer and longer. I became ill and could not get an appointment for six weeks and it turned out I had pneumonia. I was treated instead not by my family doctor - Dr. Nowak - but 3 different doctors from a walk-in clinic. I would have rather seen my family doctor. I had to find a new doctor. I was very sad to leave Dr. Nowak, but I found in my case when my health started to deteriorate, I couldn't get into see her when I really, really needed her. She let me down.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009

She is an excellent doctor, we have been seeing her for many years since she was at Women's College Hospital. There are not enough superlatives to truly describe how we feel about her as our "Family Physician".

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

She is the best doctor, I have been going to her since I was a little girl. She was at my wedding, I don't know what I would do when she retires.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2009

Our three sons and I have been patients for about 19 or 20 years. Our adult sons are still patients and also our daughter-in-law and just recently our new granddaughter. I have never heard a bad word about Dr.Nowak...only good things. I don't mind waiting to see her because I know when I'm with her she won't rush me and always asks about the kids, remembering something about our lives. She listens well, keeps up-to-date, refers to specialists as needed, is knowledgeable, supportive, compassionate, friendly, polite. I feel I can ask her anything. Every time I call for an appointment I hold my breath as I worry that they're going to say she's taken early retirement (well-deserved but 'way too soon). We love you, Mary.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008