Ratings for Dr. Roberta Osak

Avoid. Not helpful and gives ZERO insight on what to look forward to or expect on labour day. Did not go over any birth plan with me. I was completely up in the air.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

Horrible and ride doctor who only thinks about what's best for her with bedside manner . please avoid this stupid rude nasty selfish doctor. I have the worst delivery because of this idiot

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

To deal with a patient with language difficulty can be challenging to explain the medical terms and the whole process of surgery, also enormous patience is required when the patient is experiencing the painful times after the operation. My wife is such a patient , all the communication depends on my interpretation, while I have no idea about those names of organs and the types of operation. She did the big surgery on my wife successfully, but that is not the end of the issue. Unfortunately the recovery of her was not smooth as expected, some procedures had to be used several times due to the slow recovery, and my wife lost her patience due to the continuous pain and the lack of confidence for her recovery. During this very difficult time Dr. Osak showed her experiences in dealing with difficult patience and exerted a lot of patience, answering various questions some of them were just another type of complain, and giving proper instruction on her treatment, even when she was away from town. Dr. Osak has also been following up my wife's recovery after our leaving the hospital. We did not understand all of Dr. Osak 's instructions and decisions at first, however in the end we have realized that she is such an excellent doctor with high level of professionalism and medical skills. The receptionist Sandra also shows excellent communication skills and very kind patience when we were in difficult times. We really appreciate Dr' Osak's great help in resolving my wife's health problem. Xiaoguang Pan Brampton Ontario

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

I arrived at the labour & delivery at major Mackenzie on Sunday, March 4. She was the Dr on call. I was complaining of abdominal pain and was barely able to walk. I'm not a patient of major Mackenzie hospital but this is the nearest one close to me in case of emergency. Apparently she read my file and came to me without touching me so she can see where I'm in pain. She sat on a chair legs crossing infront of me telling me it's muscle pain.... It clearly sounds like she refused to treat me because I'm a patient of Mount Sinai hospital. She said to make me feel better she will order an ultrasound. I don't even know if my baby is fine because the technician refused to show me my baby, I was discharged from the hospital without this stupid Dr read the ultrasound report and my urine test to me. Now I'm looking at my urine report which shows I have a severe urine infection and I'm 28 weeks pregnant. Let me tell you something if you don't want to do your damm job which you get paid for stay home. You're not allow to play with others health and life.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

Not sure why there are so many bad reviews? Her secretary is a sweet lady, very caring! I only waited about 15 minutes and found her to be quite funny. Think she knows her stuff too, I feel very comfortable in her care.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Dr. Osak was not my Obgyn but she was the dr in call when I gave birth to my son. I can't speak to staff or office demeanour, as I never was a patient of her practice. I can only speak to the once experience I had while delivering my son. I thought she was great and if I get pregnant again I will definitely be going to her this time. She was knowledgeable and despite what I've read other people say, I found her to be compassionate yet to the point which was very much appreciated during such a difficult state. She ended up performing a c section on me and my recovery was very quick and I hardly had any pain compared to others I know who've had c sections. I can only attribute this to her competency and skill. It is for these reasons that I think she is a very good dr- the kind you want with you while you're in labour.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

I started my experience as a patient of Dr. Osak's with a recommendation from a friend who had seen her some years back and had an okay time when she was pregnant. As you enter the office, you are met with a very belligerent and condescending secretary named Sandra. After waiting at least 1 hour minimum, you will meet with Dr. Osak who will not listen to you and your concerns and just try to rush you so that she can get to the next patient. She did an internal checkup on me and then decided to do a biopsy without informing me or getting my consent. She botched the procedure causing excessive bleeding and prescribed me a medication to stop the bleeding , which only made me nauseous and I must have vomited 7 times in 2 days. I am now I'm the emergency department getting checked up due to excessive bleeding and pain. My experience has been very negative and I will be changing to another doctor. If you love yourself, do not take a chance with this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Extremely rude and made me cry every time I left there. The best decision I have made was to find another obgyn. She is not only rude but she makes you feel stupid and scared for asking any questions. I do not recommend her at all and she should not be practicing at all. For someone who deals with happy moms to be or couples struggling, you need your doctors support & positive attitude. I wish I could have given a zero star because a 1 is too much

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

I was able to deal with Dr. Osak's frank opinions, but unlike others I do not care for her new secretary. I actually got a new doctor largely because Sandra told me my concerns re: a fibroid that felt different and unlike others I had before were "over-exaggerated" and that just because there was a history of cancer in my family "didn't mean it was going to happen to" me. She made me feel as though I was an inconvenience because this issue arose while Dr. Osak was on a family vacation. I was appalled at her lack of compassion! Frankly, she should not be issuing medical opinions whatsoever! Dr. Osak had been my gynaecologist for 8 years prior to that and I was very familiar with her previous secretary, Debbie, who may have seemed cold to many, but at least she was not off-putting and didn't try to placate me with her unfounded medical opinions. It turns out I needed a hysterectomy which proves that my initial suspicions about this medical concern ended up being correct. I don't mean to undermine those who find Sandra an improvement, but just wanted to offer my own opinion of how she was far from helpful in my situation.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Witnessed her at a recent birth at Mackenzie Health Richmond Hill Hospital. She is incredibly rude, does not ask for consent, does not provide information for informed consent. She dictates what is going to happen according to what is most convenient for her. The way she treats labouring women is degrading, humiliating and completely disrespectful. Avoid like the plague.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016