Ratings for Dr. Roberta Osak

Not sure why there are so many bad reviews? Her secretary is a sweet lady, very caring! I only waited about 15 minutes and found her to be quite funny. Think she knows her stuff too, I feel very comfortable in her care.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Dr. Osak was not my Obgyn but she was the dr in call when I gave birth to my son. I can't speak to staff or office demeanour, as I never was a patient of her practice. I can only speak to the once experience I had while delivering my son. I thought she was great and if I get pregnant again I will definitely be going to her this time. She was knowledgeable and despite what I've read other people say, I found her to be compassionate yet to the point which was very much appreciated during such a difficult state. She ended up performing a c section on me and my recovery was very quick and I hardly had any pain compared to others I know who've had c sections. I can only attribute this to her competency and skill. It is for these reasons that I think she is a very good dr- the kind you want with you while you're in labour.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

I started my experience as a patient of Dr. Osak's with a recommendation from a friend who had seen her some years back and had an okay time when she was pregnant. As you enter the office, you are met with a very belligerent and condescending secretary named Sandra. After waiting at least 1 hour minimum, you will meet with Dr. Osak who will not listen to you and your concerns and just try to rush you so that she can get to the next patient. She did an internal checkup on me and then decided to do a biopsy without informing me or getting my consent. She botched the procedure causing excessive bleeding and prescribed me a medication to stop the bleeding , which only made me nauseous and I must have vomited 7 times in 2 days. I am now I'm the emergency department getting checked up due to excessive bleeding and pain. My experience has been very negative and I will be changing to another doctor. If you love yourself, do not take a chance with this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

Extremely rude and made me cry every time I left there. The best decision I have made was to find another obgyn. She is not only rude but she makes you feel stupid and scared for asking any questions. I do not recommend her at all and she should not be practicing at all. For someone who deals with happy moms to be or couples struggling, you need your doctors support & positive attitude. I wish I could have given a zero star because a 1 is too much

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

I was able to deal with Dr. Osak's frank opinions, but unlike others I do not care for her new secretary. I actually got a new doctor largely because Sandra told me my concerns re: a fibroid that felt different and unlike others I had before were "over-exaggerated" and that just because there was a history of cancer in my family "didn't mean it was going to happen to" me. She made me feel as though I was an inconvenience because this issue arose while Dr. Osak was on a family vacation. I was appalled at her lack of compassion! Frankly, she should not be issuing medical opinions whatsoever! Dr. Osak had been my gynaecologist for 8 years prior to that and I was very familiar with her previous secretary, Debbie, who may have seemed cold to many, but at least she was not off-putting and didn't try to placate me with her unfounded medical opinions. It turns out I needed a hysterectomy which proves that my initial suspicions about this medical concern ended up being correct. I don't mean to undermine those who find Sandra an improvement, but just wanted to offer my own opinion of how she was far from helpful in my situation.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Witnessed her at a recent birth at Mackenzie Health Richmond Hill Hospital. She is incredibly rude, does not ask for consent, does not provide information for informed consent. She dictates what is going to happen according to what is most convenient for her. The way she treats labouring women is degrading, humiliating and completely disrespectful. Avoid like the plague.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

This so called "doctor" should have her licensed revoked. I had a horrible life changing experience with her not by choice as she was the attending physician on call the night I went into labour. PLEASE stay away from her if you want your baby to survive the delivery. Incompetent doctor, self absorbed and doesn't care about her patients. Im not sure how she is still allowed to practice. I only wish that patients that had horrible experiences with her would file a complaint with the college of physicians and surgeons of Ontario. That's the only way to make the public aware of her incompetence and eventually her actions will lead to her losing her license to practice. I see a pattern with this doctor by reading some of the comments and it's only with people coming forward will an alert be raised with the college of physicians and surgeons of Ontario. It's so important to speak up, it's not enough to simply give her a bad rating on this website. I never want anyone to go through what I had to go through in the care of this doctor. My baby is not around because of her. The scary part is that she continues to be allowed to deliver babies. I would stay away from mackenzie hospital as they choose to employ a doctor as incompetent as she is.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I was not able to get a midwife, so when I inquired about labouring in a bath at the hospital she said "we don't do that" looked at me like I had 3 heads. Basically any OPTION birth questions were not answered or just ignored. I saw her deliver my son then she left and never returned, only the nurses came in to say how everything was going. The actual birth was 40 weeks +5 days. She gave me an option to induce labour (not sure why I had no complications and was not overdue at all) she gave me two days to induce cause she was on shift. The labour was brought on by strong Pitocin-induced contractions which made me opt in for an Epidural, I was only pushing for 10 minutes before she made me have an episiotomy instead of gradually letting me stretch and have my baby. oh well she must have been late for break or dinner.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2016

She should be banned for her practices, for what she has done with me. I'm a senior citizen and was having bleeding from ovary. In the first appointment i told Dr.Osak that I'm having knee surgery after 3 months, intentionally Dr.Osak gave me another appointment after 2 months where she got all diagnostic reports in 2 weeks. After 2 months when i'm visiting her, she says find out another doctor as i'm pretty busy, so i can't treat you & perform biopsy, and you have to go fast as i feel there can be chances of Ovarian Cancer. She is so negligent about serious issues. If it was that serious, Why was she delaying the process? Such a unprofessional doctor..!!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Shes great! Im now 40 weeks with my first pregnancy, I started seeing Dr.Osak at 3 months. She is to the point, straight forward and doesnt waste time. I highly recommend her!!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015