Ratings for Dr. Asokumar Buvanendran

I have been a patient for the past 15 years and am very happy with Dr. B. He is very patient and tries to find different ways of helping the patient out when need. Dr. B. has taken his time with me and explained every procedure he was going to do and made sure that the fellows were doing the procedures the correct way. He also was always willing to answer all of my questions and took the time to explain everything to me. I would recommend him very much and would return to him for all of my medical needs.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. B. Is a top notch in his field!! He is a no nonsense doctor and tells you like it is and doesn't sugar coat your diagnosis. If you want help he WILL help you! He is a very busy dr. however does take the time to explain each procedure & any medications. Not sure why any of the nasty reviews, but you cannot go in to a world renowned doctor and tell HIM what you want done. He knows his "stuff" and I'm grateful to be in his care.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Avoid this man!! My appointment with him was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor in my life. He is rude, uncaring, will not listen to you or his staff, referred to his patient (me) as "it" several times and his examination caused me so much pain I would have been better off not going. This man is horrible, abusive and evil, I can't put into words how horrible he is, please save yourself and don't see him!!!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

Had three series of spinal injections. 1 nerve block. Was treated poorly. Instead of relief I got a dvd for another treatment. Was dismissed and cryed my way back to the car. Can not get any relief from this doctor he doesn't care. I've been in pain for a year and been seeing. This doctor with no results. I'm going elsewhere. I'm afraid and can barely walk.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

Dr. Buvanendran told me I had arthritis in my back without even examining me or looking at an x-ray or MRI. He had me go for a series of 3 shots in my back. The first with no sedation in the office, the 2nd was with sedation, and with the 3rd, the sedation wore off in the middle of the procedure. VERY painful and they made no attempt to stop even though I told them I could feel it. He never talked to me at all before or after the procedures, even though he had to walk right past the bed I was in while waiting. When I asked the CRNA why the sedation had worn off too soon, she just walked away from me without answering. And the shots didn't help at all. When I asked for pain medication, his staff treated me like I was a drug addict. I will never go back there, and would not recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009