Ratings for Dr. Carl Laskin

Amazing experience! We had lost 6 pregnancies and Dr.Laskin and his team are responsible for 1 healthy pregnancy. Im 28 weeks with our 2nd pregnancy thanks to his team again. For ever grateful for his help and support!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

We traveled a bit to go see Dr laskin and was hoping he would even start to investigate my reaccurant miscarriages. The nurse calls us in to tell us that pretty much I'm screwed it's due to age that's the simple answer. I think this clinic is disgusting both nurses and doctor. They are crooked!!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Dr. Laskin was the 4th doctor that I was referred to, after having suffered four miscarriages. I was 37 years old the first time I saw him. I was actually surprised at how quickly I received an appointment with him, given that I only had to wait a few months. I saw him twice in person and found him to be reasonably punctual both times. He did a very thorough job in my appointments, the first of which was the longest I've ever had with any doctor. My impression is that he is caring, has a wonderful sense of humour, is incredibly knowledgeable and genuinely cares about his work and patients. He provided excellent resources to me via other staff in the event I had questions. I felt very well supported through my diagnosis and treatment. Thanks to Dr. Laskin I am now 5.5 months pregnant and through treatment have avoided the complication that caused my other miscarriages. I am forever in his debt. He is a wonderful man. Go see him if you're having problems with recurrent miscarriages. Not everything that causes recurrent miscarriages can be treated or even diagnosed, so have reasonable expectations. If your problem can be treated I would have the fullest confidence in Dr. Laskin.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

Dr. Laskin may not seem to be the most caring of doctors but he's very experienced and knowledgeable. You might also not get to see him too often and have to deal with his secretary and nurses instead, but he is helpful nonetheless. I also disagree that Dr. Laskin is only concerned about earning money. I originally wanted to do an IVF treatment (recommendation from my gynie due to my endometriosis regrowth), but he suggested medications and IUI were sufficient. Needless to say, it all worked out and now I have a healthy 18 month old baby boy!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

I had a healthy baby boy after having had recurrent miscarriages which were thought to be related to an autoimmune issue. Dr. Laskin's interventions seemed to be the factor that helped me carry to term so I have nothing but positive things to say about him and his staff. They are certainly busy and occasionally late, but that is generally the sign of a good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Laskin for about nine months, biggest waste of time. He only saw me twice and did absolutely nothing to help with my infertility issues. The receptionist never returns your calls and you spend of your time seeking answers.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

One of the best doctors I've ever had. A true blessing.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

I met with Dr. Laskin for the first time yesterday and what a relief it was to have a doctor with a sense of humour. Dealing with infertility while battling an autoimmune disease is already so emotionally draining so having someone who can crack jokes to get past the nerves is such a breath of fresh air. His receptionist is so polite and kind and I am actually looking forward to meeting with them again. Although this is not the ideal way to start a family, I'm confident that they will do everything to make me feel at ease and help us achieve the family we have been praying for.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

If you don't have a sense of humor about your situation, don't see dr. Laskin. He is funny, and keeps things light, which I think is GOOD. Yes, most of us are in an awful situation, but if you can't have a sense of humor and take every joke personally you're only making things worse for yourself. His receptionists are busy, and you might have to wait. Day r two for a return call, but they're just doing their best dealing with difficult patients who all want to be their #1 priority. Any time j had an urgent concern the staff were very helpful as accommodating. The only thing I don't like about lifequest (other than the fact that I'm still not pregnant!) is that you get so much of your information from the nurse (who isn't allowed to answer a lot of questions) and have no quick way of asking the doctor questions about his decisions (like deciding to add a new medication etc). Ferida at the Thornhill office is amazing, she will go above and beyond to get your questions answered, but if you have monitoring downtown I think the nurses are too busy and you get a little bit lost in the shuffle.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I was referred to this doctor after recurrent miscarriages. I was not pleased with them at all. He barely spent any time talking to me since all blood work came back ok. I can't really say much about Dr. Laskin since I only met him for 5 mins and have been a patient of there's since last June. Having to deal with Dianne and the TERM program has been very difficult. They don't really understand how horrible infertility is and I don't have any idea why people like that would work for such a well known client. They kinda just brush you off and make you feel crazy and stupid. They are not compassionate at all and I would not recommend life quest for anyone who is dealing with recurrent miscarriages. They've just made my situation worse emotionally.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015