Ratings for Dr. John W. Nikoleit

My mother had knee replacement surgery with Dr Nikoleit. He has been professional, patient and right after surgery she has been doing well. His assistant has also been very helpful to us and replies within a day to any inquiries. My aunt also had surgery with Dr Nikoleit and she has had no issues with her knee postsurgery. Elmhurst Hospitsl has been great to us. The care my mom received has been superb thus far. I'd highly recommend Dr Nikoleit and his team along with care at Elmhurst Hospital for your orthopedic needs.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

PERSONALITY NOT DESIRED STAFF WAS WONDERFUL .DID'NT HAVE A SOLUTION JUST LEFT ME IN TERRIBLE PAIN

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

If you are looking for a doctor who will spend time with you, explain things thoroughly to you and at least appear to be interested in your case, please go elsewhere. No bedside manner, terrible follow-up. Got better information and help from my primary care doctor. There are better orthos in the area. It will be worth your time and effort to find them.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

By the time I found Dr. Nikoleit, I had been suffering with carpal tunnel syndrome for two years. I didn't know at the time what it was but I had excruciating pain shooting from my wrists up through my arms and into my shoulders and shoulder blades. It was a chronic, debilitating pain that I WISH I would have taken care of much sooner than I did. Anyway, Dr. Nikoleit was a life saver to me. I had carpal tunnel surgery in both hands (a couple months apart) and literally the day after the surgery I was at Target shopping for items I needed. He is a phenomenal orthepedic surgeon. You can't even see where the incisions were on my hands and I have never felt ANY pain since then. Sincerely, Erika Menard

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Dr Nikoleit first attempted minimally invasive treatment for a swollen and redden right arm which was entirely appropriate. He set me up for a rapid return visit and immediately determined that more intensive IV antibiotics were necessary and sent me to the hospital. He opted for surgery the next day after consulting with an infectious disease specialist. Every decision he made was correct. Every decision he made he made with my best interests in mind. And every thing he did both during and after hospitalization aimed at relieving me of MRSA. I don't know what problem the first commentator had, but I saw none of that. Dr. Nikoleit saved my arm. 90,000 americans die from MRSA every year. Dr. Nikoleit saw to it that I did not.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

i feel as if the last comment was a little extraneous, and slightly ridiculous. Dr. Nikoleit did a great job in my personal experience, he was the first doctor in 1 year+ to figure out exactly what was wrong with me knee, and he fixed it.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

Dr. Nikoleit is more concerned with making easy money as an IME doctor for Insurance companies then actually healing people. I had a seven minute visit with the man and so far from that visit miss diagnosed me three times. He will say what ever an insurance company wants him to say. Its a shame when doctors take this route they took a oath to heal the sick this man has tried to put my in harms way three times so far in an 18 month period all based on a seven minute exam sixteen months ago. I do have to say one thing for the man he was right on time on my only appointment. People that are hurt in an accident beware of this guy he is a insurance predator!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2008

Dr. John W. Nikoleit's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1990)

Healthnet