Ratings for Dr. Dallas Popick

Bad doctor. Comes to a conclusion before understanding the problem. Don't think he actually cares about people's health. He probably cares more about the paycheck over people's wellbeing

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

It takes 3 weeks to get in. Always running late. Rushing to leave the room before I've even finished asking questions. Doesn't take complaints seriously, he's good at calmly reassuring you that everything is fine, but doesn't order tests or referrals or treat anything. So you leave feeling calm and reassured that everything is fine, but a day or a week or a month later you are still suffering from the same problem that he dismissed and never treated. Then you have to make another appointment to go back again for the same problem, and try to convince him to order a test and hope you don't get the brush off again. He used to be much better, but the quality of care has deteriorated in the last few years.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

I've been seeing him as my GP for many years and he is always knowledgeable and professional. He's helped our family solve a few health issues over the years and we all go to him now. Although not perfect (who is?), he's definitely one of the better doctors I've dealt with.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

This doctor is a grad A a**. He is not empathetic, doesn't actually listen to his patient's problems and is incredibly condescending. I'm glad he's not my family physician and I only had to deal with him as the on call doctor. I also discovered upon going to another mediclinic where I was kindly assisted with my pain meds that he had even lied about not being able to access my medical records. Good job. Doctors like this should be forced out of the system.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Hes always behind and have to wait a long time to see him. I sometimes hear him visiting with someone in the hallway while I Am patiently waiting. I have to insist on bloodwork or tests as tends to brush it off as not necessary when you know something is wrong. On the plus side, he explains things well.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Popick for over 20 years, since Dr. Ledding left family practise. I have had many different issues over the years and have never felt brushed off & have never heard the "wait & see" comment that seems to be popping up in so many comments. He always gets things figured out, I never feel rushed, and always feel like he cares about what is happening.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

i use to see Popick when i was a kid and he was still at Cumberland and i he had diagnosed me with adhd, but in adult hood i moved to BC and since moving to BC my new doctor advised i get assessed for autism and i have since been diagnosed with ASD level 1. even my parents agree that looking back it makes sense and couldnt believe that it got missed by Popick

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Wait and see can cause a lot of people to have a worse prognosis. That's not right.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

Dr Popick is the best!!! If you think you need medication for things like the common cold --don't go see him. He is responsible in prescribing. He is attentive and thorough.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I've seen Dr.popick my whole life and never felt he listened particularly well but he has gotten worse since moving to Herold road. His famous line "wait and see" doesn't cut it anymore and missed two fractured vertebrae which has caused tremendous problems since. I think he hasn't kept current with new treatments and has become quite lazy in his approach. My last appointment he brushed off all my concerns and told me to "give up". I have booked in with a new doctor finally and am excited to be taken seriously again.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016