Ratings for Dr. Ken G. Whelan

Dr Whelan has been my primary Dentist for the last seven years. He's great, very gentle. I reccomend him to all of my friends.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

Nice office and friendly staff. I had the zaam done and worked pretty well. I would go back to see the Dr. I wish they had better parking though that place can be nuts.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

Ive always had a great experience at this office. The hygenist was pretty funny and always made me more relaxed. I didnt have much work done but all the work Dr Whelan did was painless. I would recommend this office

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

I am very disappointed with this dentist. He did my crown twice and could not get it right. It is still very sensitive to cold and hurts when I chew. He did not spend much time on me and was running from one patient to another. He also charged more than other dentists. I would never go back to him again....such a terrible experience.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

I had a smile makeover with Dr Whelan several years ago. I had to have a several root canals and crowns placed. I couldn't chew or smile for years, until I saw Dr.Whelan. Since I hadmy teeth done by Dr Whelan, I can finally chew food, without any pain! Also, now I am the first one to initiate family photos, before I was always embarrassed to smile. Now my teeth look perfect and I love to show them off. I get compliments about my beautiful teeth all the time. Thank you so much Dr Whelan I love my new smile!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2009

I have a handicapped autistic child who is 14 years old and no other dentist in the area would even schedule a exam with me for my son needed to be sedated just for the exam. I finally found Dr Whelan in Aliso Viejo. Wow! what a team. They coordinated to have a anesthesolgist there to sedate my son for the exam and also were able to do some minor dental fillings and his cleaning. It was such a relief to have this all done at one visit. Anyways just wanted to share my positive experience.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

This is absolutely the most high pressured sales I have experienced in the dental field. I was almost prevented from getting out of the chair unless I booked. Then they demanded payment in full BEFORE they would even book the appt for my crown. The crown came off within 2 weeks & the rude office mgr would not book me back in with Dr. Whelan..tried to get me in with one of the associates...Dr. Whelan let the assistant cement the crown in the first place which is totally illegal and then he refused to come in and check the crown before I left...they kept saying he was tied up and he could check it on my next visit !!! He was very impersonal as well as the staff! I went to another dentist to get the crown put back on and was told that amalgam had been left in the tooth!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2009

Another happy patient of Dr Whelan's. I was so afraid of the dentist and I didnt go to one for over 15 years..Yes 15 years! I finally went in and met with Dr Whelan where he discussed all my options and that he could actually put me to sleep to do all the dental work. Yes it was not cheap but that visit was over 3 years ago and I have been so happy with the office. I now go in every 6 months for my regular checkups and cleanings. My mouth is finally healthy and I am happy.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

Received on of his numerous mailings and went in for a consult, they wanted payment before I got to see the dentist, he gave me options, 3400 for a bridge or 6000 for an implant, I said I would have to see and didn't return, started getting pushy calls from his office manager wanting to know when to schedule the appointments, finally had to use caller id blocking for their numbers. Avoid!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2008

I have to admit that I was another sucker for his slick advertising. This was the WORST experience I've ever had with any kind of dental/medical office. They tried to convince me that I needed $5000 worth of work. I just started with a minimum. After starting with them my bottom teeth turned dark brown! I rushed back to the office and they offered to remove the dark stains for $285. It turns out these were the result of a mouth rinse they gave me for my gums. They did not warn me about the possibility of staining, or that I should take any special cleaning precautions. BEWARE!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2008