Ratings for Dr. AK Jethwa

Years of misdiagnosing and negligence, Dr. Jethwa is by far the worst family physician I have had the misfortune to deal with. Unfortunately the because of shortage of doctors in this province and not knowing my rights as a patient I've had to stay under his care for far too long. Incompetents would be an understatement.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2017

Was the best doctor. Had him for 40 years and he is sorely missed since his retirement.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

a poor rating overall.I left him at the first opportunity that arose.He was good at locating specialists -other than that he is businesslike, does notlike to be challenged re medical knowledge,does not keep up with current trends,and his office manner is barely adequate.Thank God there are other far more competent doctors arouind who are competent, willing to listen to patients and,take the time to advise accordingly.This guy is well past his best by sell date.One pharmarcist whose judgement I trust, thiks that Jethwa simply does not care enough.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Since he is too busy to get to next patients, my experience with his was worst.He is approchable but I dont believe he is very knowledgeable person,sorry to say that.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

I have on more than one occassion asked pointed questions he was unable to answer, potentially due to a lack of knowledge. In addition, I was given medication unnecessarily on at least one occassion where the medication was both inappropriate and unnecessary. I have on numerous occasions found him unknowledgable or disinterested about the cause(s) of a condition most would consider common. This, however, may be a downfall of medicine as it is practiced in the West and less a fault of this particular doctor. Regardless, I have been exceptionally pleased with his bedside manner and personable conversation. Any time I have asked for a referral he has been more than happy to oblige my request. Throughout my pregnancy he was very supportive and I never found him lacking in any respect. He is a wonderful person, but I'm not always confident in his ability as a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2007

May be too busy to take the time to make an informed diagnosis.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2007

Our family has been involved with Dr. Jethwa for decades. This doctor is excellent from all points of view - professionalism, human touch, bedside manner, helpfulness, willing to refer, patience, good advice, concern about total family (as in "how is your son doing?"). This man is just a total human being who happens to be a doctor. My only concern is that he is becoming older and that eventually the community will lose this doctor. He is the best doctor we have ever encountered. He should be a role model for all medical students!!!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007

i and my family have been dealing with Dr Jethwa for thirty years and have always found him and his staff simply the best .

flag | Submitted December 3, 2007

I was lucky enough to get Dr. Jethwa as a doctor after he stopped accepting new patience and have to say that he is the best doctor I've ever had. He's an old school doctor who tries to fix the problem not mask it with painkiller and medication. You may not like his advice but he is usually correct. I have been lucky to have him as a doctor and dread the day he retires. All doctors should strive to be like him. Wait times are annoying, but he has a huge patient load and he does the best he can with the resources he has. Great Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2007

My family has been going to Dr. J for over 20years. He is the kindest man I know. I never have to wait long for my appointments. In fact sometimes I am in and out before my appointment time even arrives. He tells it like it is and doesn't waste time if he feels you need to see a specialist. He doesn't "abandon" you after you are seeing a specialist..as others have commented on...rather , he steps back and lets them deal with the issue. That's why he sent you there in the first place. I am dreading the day that this wonderful, hard working doc hangs up his stethoscope. We just love him to pieces

Dr. AK Jethwa's Credentials