Ratings for Dr. Allen M. Putterman

I had a large melanoma removed from my face which took almost all the flesh off my cheek. Reconstruction surgery by another plastic surgeon involved a flap and a graft. The graft took but the flap didn’t and what resulted was a large scar that pulled the corner of my lower eyelid down severely. I covered it with a bandage most of the time because it looked so bad. After consulting several plastic surgeons, Dr. Putterman was the only one who had a definitive plan for fixing it. He explained what he would do by showing me diagrams in the book on plastic surgery he had written. He took a graft from my neck and with surgical “ties” that held up the lid while it healed achieved miraculous results. Several weeks later he performed a second surgery on both upper eyelids with incisions on the underside of the lids that lifted the upper lids and greatly improved my vision. My family and everyone who had seen me before are amazed at what he achieved. I am sure he is the only doctor in Chicago that could have done this. His office staff is outstanding. They are responsive and efficient. All in all it was a wonderful experience working with everyone associated with Dr. Putterman and his office and my wife and I cannot thank them enough.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

I had lower blepharoplasty to my eyes by Dr. Putterman and could be more happier! The results are absolutely amazing! My before and after pictures were like holy cow!! He is truly an amazing doctor and his staff is just wonderful, he also runs on time which is not the case with most doctors, so do not be late. I can't say enough about my awesome experience. I would totally recommend Dr. Putterman.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Had my right eye enucleated on May 29, 2015. What a great experience with Dr. Putterman and his staff. All went well and couldn't be happier. While others listened to me, Dr. Putterman "HEARD" me.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Puttermen is simply the best. My Blepharoplasty results were nothing short of amazing. He is a man of few words and does not feel the need to "Sell" his procedure. Why? He doesn’t have to. His work is impeccable and I cannot say enough about his amazing work.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Putterman was excellent to work with. As an African American I was concerned about scarring but Doctor assured me that I would be very happy with the surgery. So far, almost four months, since the procedure, I am very pleased. He is timely, professional, and caused me very little discomfort. Prior to surgery he educated me on what to expect, how long healing would take, what items/prescriptions I would need and what follow-up I needed to do. All as gone just as he told me it would. His office staff is kind, polite and equally as easy to work with. Doctor has a "fellow" working with him who it appears will be another excellent physician. I highly recommend Dr. Putterman for eyelid reconstructive surgery.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

I am an 85-year-old male who approached Dr. Putterman in early December 2013 because badly drooping eyelids made vision and reading very difficult. Dr. Putterman performed eyelid surgery in December with complete success. Everyone in the office was pleasant and professional. I cannot recommend him more strongly. Edwin S Mills.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Upper/lower bleph. Results were perfect. Dr Putterman is conscientious, meticulous and has excellent clinical and technical skills. Office staff was informative and congenial. Would not hesitate in recommending Dr Putterman. 5 STARS!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2014

I had a tumor/cyst removed from my upper eyelid that invloved removing part of my eyelid and eyelashes. I was very apprehensive about how it would heal, and the end result. Dr. Putterman was fantastic!!! You cannot tell at all where the tumor was. My eyelashes have grown back seamlessly...I couldn't be happier. The day of the surgery he personally called me at home to see how I was doing. I am thrilled with the results and Dr. Putterman's expertise!!! Thank you!!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

I had my bottom eyelids raised to correct a dry eye problem. Dr. Putterman did the procedure twice and both times it didn't work. Once the swelling went down and the stitches were taken out the eyelids didn't stay up in the proper position. I complained many times and one of his girls in the office said I should be glad I'm not blind. I found out later he used a outdated method. I wrote Dr. Putterman a letter of complaint and asked for a partial refund. He didn't care and told me to see a dry eye specialist. Now why didn't he send me to a dry eye specialist in the first place? They did do a good job taking my money though. If you're seeing him about bottom eyelids then I suggest you think twice.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

I feel very blessed and thankful that I have come to know Dr. Putterman and his wonderful staff; all excellent at what they do. Everyone is always kind and so helpful. I have had several eye surgeries and all have been very successful. The outcome has given me back my life, my confidence. Dr. Putterman's knowledge and skill is remarkable; very professional, yet he is so kind and caring. I would highly recommend Dr. Putterman, his office, and his staff. I am thankful to have this opportunity to let others know what a great doctor and surgeon he is.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Dr. Allen M. Putterman's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1963)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal