Ratings for Dr. Roy Weiss

I saw 5 other endocrinologists before seeing Dr. Weiss. He listened to me and carefully reviewed all my records and explained why my thyroid is not likely the problem. He was caring and had great follow up. He emails back almost immediately.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2014

I was never able to visit this doctor. I was told I needed a referral letter the first time I called for an appointment. My primary went out of his way to write a special letter to him. Dr. Weiss's staff never called me back - for months! I left several messages. They never told me yes or no so I could move on. After I could not get an appointment with him, I tried to get one with another doctor in his department. A very rude staff member in the endocrinology department told me that Dr. Weiss was the head of the dept. and no one without a diagnosis (regardless of symptoms), was permitted to see any doctor in that department. I was told that unless I had a specific disease that each doctor works with, I can't see that endocrinologist. She said the department will not do any diagnostic testing at all and when I tried to get off the phone, she kept arguing with me. I have never had such a bad experience with the staff of a doctor’s office in my life!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

Dr. Weiss was not very nice and in fact was unprofessional. After complaining of not feeling well due to thyroid issues he recommended anti-depressants. As an endocrinologist he's not fit to dispense this sort of advice. He also gave me unsolicited advice in parenting that was extremely insulting to my gender. I would NEVER recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

Once he made his mind, this doctor does not pay attention to important details, does not think "outside the box".

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

I was waiting for appointment more than 3 months. I was told I have to wait for one hour appointment. He was late about 20 minutes and first thing he said when he came in was: "I have 15 minutes for you and I will not give you any drug." I did not want drugs, I just wanted to know why I am in horrible pain. Also, he was more concerned if I am going to sue another doctor who gave me drug that made me sick than for my health. I finally know that I have thyroid inflammation or overactive thyroid and also thyroid antibodies - thanks to doctor at Northwestern Hospital.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Dr. Weiss was very late for our appointment but he was well worth the wait! He was wonderful! He is very caring and sympathetic. We could not have asked for a better office visit!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2010

Waited a lot for a second opinon, But Dr Weiss and his staff are very knowledgable and helpful and once they step into the room you understand why. They spend a great deal of time with every patient. He basically asked my wife what do you feel and what do you want me to do for you and based on that tailored the treatment plan

flag | Submitted April 14, 2010

Dr. Roy Weiss's Credentials

• Tel Aviv Univ, Sackler Fac Of Med, Tel Aviv, Israel (Grad. 1985)

MB Health