Ratings for Dr. Alan R. McCall

I posted the below review about Dr. McCalls partner, Dr. Mahr. Since i assume they share the same billing staff, and Dr. McCall was the one that said not to worry about the blood clot on 7/25 I thought I should share here as well. PLEASE READ IN FULL As a person, Dr. Mahr was a very nice guy, but I couldn't recommend him to anyone I know and care about. I had ACL repair surgery on 6/27/16, on 7/17/16 it swelled up and it turned out I had an infection. I had another surgery & spent a week in a hospital. On 7/25 I felt calf pain, and called his office and they said I was fine & not to come in. Thankfully a nurse friend said to check it out, turned out I had a blood clot. (Obviously this could have been very bad if I had kept his advice). A 3rd surgery took place 8/15 from another mistake, made during the infection surgery. There are too many doctors to choose from to use him. Why risk something similar happening to you when you can find a different doctor? Additionally I received my first bill via email on 12/21. I called his office that day, left a voicemail and it was never returned. Two weeks later I received a call from collections. When I called his office back, they said they had been sending it via mail, to an address I moved out of on 6/30 and updated with them then, but they say I told the wrong person (why didn't that person mention that then). They billed the wrong insurance as well, so at this point getting the right one to cover might be tough, and I have a HUGE bill. They were very little help trying to figure this out, Dr. Mahr became unresponsive as well. This was all a nightmare, so unless you have some strong reason to use him, why even consider when there are other options?

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Very upset after my appt with Dr Alan Mcall . he needs to retire. unhelpful , cold, and no bed side mannor. Basically said take Aleive , and good luck. did not review X-rays, nothing. will search out a Chrio.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

Dr. Alan R. McCall's Credentials

• Polish

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1967)

Delta Dental