Ratings for Dr. George Nissan

I have been seeing Dr. Nissan for five years for chronic headaches. He has helped me navigate the waters of a chronic disease and work to get my life back. If you have migraine or other headache disease, do yourself a favor and go visit with Dr. Nissan. He has saved my life!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

After 5 1/2 years of seeing Dr.Nissan he left Baylor. Prior to his leaving he assured me he had transferred my case to another dr. and provided all my records to him and discussed my case so I'd get the care I needed. When actually, Nissan did none of that and was so eager to leave the practice he left me with no one to help me, refill prescriptions or go to if I needed help for my serious medical condition. I tried to contact him at his new office and he had a woman call me and rudely said, "he doesn't see people like you". It may seem like I was a difficult person to deal with but that's just it, I wasn't. My case is complex but after 5 years plus I always followed Dr.Nissan's direction. I respected him and really thought he would never leave me to suffer. But he did. And I see no reason for the unnecessary cruelty from his new office. It's been close to two months now without a Dr. The Dr he "assigned" to my case had no idea what I was talking about. Baylors Headache Clinic has ONE doctor now instead of five. Dr.Nissan seems to have knowingly left me on a sinking ship all because he was unhappy with bureaucracy. I would think you would, at least, ensure your loyal patients that had been with you from the start would be taken care of....loyalty should count for something. So, he's a great Dr just don't count on him when you need him most.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Front office is completely dysfunctional and takes out their scheduling errors on the patient.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Went to Dr. Nissan because a friend saw the clinic advertised in a magazine and she brought it to me: my headaches were recurring several times a week. He straightened out my meds in a short period - rebound headaches were a big problem for me. Over approxx. two years he has mostly resolved my issues! I appreciate him, respect him and recommend him to my friends and family; two of those he has already made significant differences in their headaches too. He knows his stuff!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I have been suffering with headaches for several years and finally found a specialist in the Dallas Area. Dr. Nissan is very compassionate and knowledgable and I am really glad I found him.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

Was impressed at Dr. Nissan's knowledge of migraines and new treatments. I've done tons of migraine research recently about the new meds being used here and overseas. Dr. Nissan knew the right answer to every question I had, which gave me new hope. He's very up-to-date and migraines/clusters are obviously his skill set. Nice change!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2012

He is knowledgable when it comes to migraines. However, he does push drugs onto you without hesitation. His office staff at Diamond are very disrespectful.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

Dr. George Nissan's Credentials

• French

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Amerigroup