Ratings for Dr. Matthew D. Hageman

I have Dr Hageman for my primary doctor for the past few years. I have the upmost respect for him and the quality of care I receive from him. I am very glad to call him my doctor.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

My husband and I have used Dr. Hageman for several years. I have the very up most respect for him and his decisions regarding my health care. He helped my husband throuh some very life threatning health problems. We normally see him, however we have seen the PA. She is very knowledgeable and she does consult him. Very proud to say he is our doctor!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

Whenever I discuss my personal health issues, he immediately checks his iPhone to find a new prescription (he already has me on 5). Finally I had to say I wanted a plan for a solution, not another pill. When i asked for a referral to a specialist, he was surprised. Very friendly doctor but talks more socially than professionally. However, his PA, Irena Polanski is Outstanding! If your appt. is with him, i highly recommend you ask to see her instead. She was a doctor in Europe and will work with you on SOLVING your problems, not just treating them.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Said she -our Mother= was on her downward spiral and there wasn't any thing to do. Really the kind of doctor you want on your case!!!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011

I agree with the above comment re writing scripts without knowing their side affects..he has treated my 87yo mother..or should I say he has passed her off to his PA's for the last several years who they in turn have misdiagnosed my mother's condition and nearly killed her, yet she still trust him...it took an intervention by her family and nursing staff at her assisted living community to make her find another doctor...I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR OR HIS STAFF

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011

This is my grandfather's doctor. We are looking to switch doctors because he refused to send him to a specialist but instead would add medications to treat symptoms instead of to find a solution to the problem. Also he has been prescribing medications that cannot be taken together due to negative side affects and once the doctor writes the script we have to hear from the pharmacist that he cannot take the two together. I'm not sure if he does not review current medications or just did not know that he could not take those medications together, but either way it's not good. His staff seems to be ok otherwise, but the doctors bedside manner is actually somewhat rude. I am not impressed.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2011

Relatively new doctor for me so I can't rate his knowledgability, but treatment success rate so far only fair. Generally on time and with a plesent manner. One thing that disturbed me is that one of his staff threatened to restrict the issuance of my prescriptions because I was two weeks behind the standard 3 month return visit.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Matthew D. Hageman's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)