Ratings for Dr. Valli P. Stewart

I have to laugh at the reviewer below that called Dr. Stewart "test happy" and gave her bad ratings. It's nearly impossible at times (on an HMO plan) to get a PCP to send a patient out for additional testing and it's a relief to know Dr. Stewart will order additional work if you really need it. I landed in Dr. Stewart's office after several years of questionable care by another PCP who overlooked a simple problem that could've been diagnosed with an easy, basic blood test (yes,I should've left sooner). Anyway, Dr. Stewart suspected what the problem was right away and the lab work confirmed her assessment correctly. I feel such a sense of relief to have finally found a doctor that will listen to me and will consider ALL possibilities to a medical problem. Additionally, her follow up is fantastic. I received responses from her about test results earlier than I thought I would because she was going on vacation when the results came back. Fantastic doctor and I highly recommend!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

She has been my primary care physician for years, through various problems, some serious, some not. I have always found her professional, not pretentious, accessible, respectful, knowledgeable, helpful with referrals (her selection of specialists has always been better than mine). I would gladly choose her again.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

Dr. Stewart has been my internist for several years. Contrary to the opinion of the self-important PhD commenter, my experiences have been entirely positive. Tests ordered have been appropriate and useful, and Dr.'s manner is consistently pleasant, informative and interested. 5 smiley faces.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

Dr. Stewart is test happy. Ready to send me for completely unnecessary tests and not willing to hear me when I informed her I would not agree to testing for reasons that made no sense. Very patronizing manner as well. I have a PhD and yet was treated like an idiot.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2009

Dr. Valli P. Stewart's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1991)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal