Ratings for Dr. Sandeep Amin

Dr. Amin has good communication skills- which is so important when dealing with someone experiencing chronic pain. I feel like we are working together on it. I understand that it is a process to figure out as you go--what is working. I have had some relief from my pain. We are still working on it. He explains everything patiently. He has a calming, caring demeanor. Rush is a teaching hospital, so i also see him training the interns who are part if my care. He is clearly good at that too. I am treated as an individual human being. I trust him.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

He is the only pain management doctor who has helped me. He has genuine concern for his patients, takes his time, and cares.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2013

12 yrs ago I was a patient at Rush Pain Clinic & my primary doc there was Dr Lubenow (Dr L). Dr Amin (Dr A) was Dr L's fellow. I had an intrathecal morphine pump implanted & the catheter broke <6 months later. Dr L was away for 2 wks & Dr A said the catheter needed to be replaced ASAP. At that point, Dr A had just finished his fellowship. I REALLY wish I had asked Dr A BEFORE the catheter revision surgery if he had ever done one before, b/c guess what...he hadn't. So Dr A did the surgery & long story short...major negligence occurred on Dr Amin's part that's had permanent repercussions. I now have chronic low back pain that impairs my functioning more than the original source of my chronic pain for which the pump was implanted. My complaints re: Dr A are: 1. Didn't reveal he had NEVER done that surgery before 2. Did not call in a consult in the OR, which very well could have avoided subsequent problems 3. Lied about what he had done after the surgery.

Submitted February 15, 2013

not very knowledgeable. I had so much pain after my procedure.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2011

I love Dr. Amin and his staff. They are very knowledgeble and compassionate. Highly recommend them. His residents are the best!!!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

Very concerned about patients' well rounded health care. Always available to answer your questions or concerns. Keeps himself updated on medical issues. Susan was an excellent nurse assiting him but is no longer on his staff; she made his practice much more efficient. The current office and nursing assisting staff needs a lot of training on all issues, including HIPA.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2008

Dr. Amin has been the one and only doctor to give results with my migraine. His procedures broke my migraine for 2 months and it was great to have some relief from constant 24-7 pain.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Dr. Sandeep Amin's Credentials

• Gov'T Med Coll, South Gujarat Univ, Surat, Gujarat, India (Grad. 1991)

HIP