Ratings for Dr. Kern Singh

I am a frequent flyer. Two surgeries 2007, 2017. He helped me, fixed my structural spine problems when mo one else would. Now he is helping my older bro with a Laminectomy at L2 when no other surgeon n his state would take him on.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2019

I saw Dr Singh for several months with horrible back and hip pain. He told me that it was all in my head and sent me to pt. Everything became worse. He told me I was depressed. I continued with pt. After he released me back to work and I could still barely walk I went to 2 different doctors on my own. The new back doctor looked at the same MRI and knew exactly where and why I was having pain and the hip doctor did an MRI of my hip and found a bad labral tear that required surgery. Now the disc that he didnt see a problem with is completely herniated. He didnt listen to me he only went off of the MRI report. I dealt with terrible pain for month longer that I should have and ended up completely herniation my L2. It was a TERRIBLE experience to be belittled and treated so terribly. I would not recommend him unless you have an extremely obvious injury.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2019

just saw Dr. Singh. Been 7 years since my microscopic back fusion and i feel great. Saw him for my neck and told me i dont need surgery... He is the best and his team really does care for you. He doesnt just cut on you and drug you up!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2019

I am pain free playing tennis in florida! Had two ruptured discs and I feel great! thank you Dr. Singh and Chris

flag | Submitted January 2, 2019

Happy to have my life again! I had back surgery for a ruptured disc. Now i feel great and Im only 5 days from my surgery

flag | Submitted December 14, 2018

Not sure where these reviews are coming from. I chose Dr. Singh and his team after he examined me for the insurance company. He did my surgery and I am back at work for UPS. If you dont need surgery he will tell you so. In my case he told the insurance company i needed a microscopic diskectomy. I chose him after my adjustor told me i could treat with anyone i liked. And his PA Chris was amazing. He is definitely a professional and top notch. Rush and Dr. Singh and his team are ranked tops in the country. He definitely is a professional

flag | Submitted September 9, 2018

BEWARE!! This so-called doctor is an insurance QUAK. He is a shill for insurance companies to hand out bogus fake IME reports, to stop your compensation. Be forewarned and take the proper steps if you have to see this quak for an IME exam. E.G. Have a witness and record exam. I'm amazed this guy still has his medical license?

flag | Submitted September 2, 2018

I have had three of my family members had surgery with Dr. singh. Two had them done as an outpatient and one family member needed to be done at Rush. Dr. Singh fixed a failed fusion that was done by an outside spine surgeon who never called my sister in law back. Ive read through most of these reviews. A lot are just plain wrong. GO SEE HIM. you will see he cares. He even tells you when you should NOT have spine surgery because it could make your condition worse. How many spine surgeons do you meet that tell you not to have surgery? He is definitely not looking to make money but rather to make people better!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2018

you could go in a wheelchair and he would say there was nothing wrong with you send you back to work with no restrictions . he's all for workers comp .he was in room two min we timed him and part of that was because i stopped him to let him know what i thought.been to him twice the second time he walked in and told me he was going to say the same thing he said the first time before he even looked at me . because of him i now have to walk with a cain

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

AMAZING experience.... Flew in from Naples Florida to have my spinal fusion done minimally invasive. I had it done on a friday and was back at home in florida on Monday! There are about 15 of us from Naples that have travelled to see Dr. Singh and his team. So happy been in pain for 15 years.... Feel like Tiger Woods! I am itching to get back on the golf course and its only been 4 weeks!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Dr. Kern Singh's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Singh has dedicated his career to pioneering minimally invasive, outpatient spine surgery. He is the Co-Director of the Minimally Invasive Spine Institute at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, IL. Patients from all over the U.S. and the world choose Dr. Singh for his cutting edge use of minimally invasive, outpatient surgical approaches. Dr. Singh is also an award-winning researcher, having published his findings in numerous major medical journals. His work most recently won awards at the annual meetings for the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS) in 2017 and the North American Spine Society (NASS) in 2016. Additionally, Dr. Singh has recently been appointed at the chairman of the spine committee for the 2017-2020 annual meetings of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. Singh was also appointed Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Rush University Medical Center in January 2017.

• Hindi
  • English
  • Spanish

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1999)
  • Emory University (Grad. 2005)
  • Rush University (Grad. 2004)
  • Pennsylvania State University ** (Grad. 1977)

• Spinal fusion