Ratings for Dr. Stephen C. Pilcher

The first time in years I have felt that I was in a medical exam room talking to a real doctor, thank God they are not extinct.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr Pilcher is so wonderful and cares so much for his patients. The staff is so friendly and they go out of their way to help in any way they can. I have never had a problem getting in to the office even same day.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

After over 10 years of building a relationship with Dr. Pilcher I am looking for a new doctor. The staff that he has supporting him have consistently proven to be incompetent and lacking in customer service skills. For example, a nurse (who he still employs)contacted me to inform me that she had received a call from someone requesting my medical records, and that she faxed them over to him. When I asked her who he was she said, “I’m not sure, but I have his number”. She proceeded to ask me to contact this person and find out who he was and let her know who he was when I found out. Luckily, the request was legitimate, but I could not believe that there wasn’t a more formal process in place to ensure that my PRIVATE medical records, being requested over the phone, were going to someone I had authorized they be released to. After calling today his staff was rude and hung up on me. I can only do that when someone curses at me where I work, which didn't happen.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

Dr. Pilcher was a tremendous disappointment. He dismissed and even chuckled at my concerns, he didn't seem to really listen to what I was saying, and he unapologetically misled me. He couldn't provide me with a single straight-forward answer to any of my questions. A person will assume they can trust a doctor, that a doctor is well educated and can be counted on, and that a doctor would never attempt to treat someone outside of their capability to do so. Unfortunately you can't, at least not in this case. If you are going to see Dr. Pilcher, come as educated as you possibly can about your condition. Ask him questions and demand he give you good answers. Don't let him leave the room until he has provided you with all of the information you need. At the end of your appointment, go out and do some research and even consider a second opinion. Treat his diagnoses and treatment recommendations with the same amount of cynicism you would treat a story from a tabloid newspaper.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

love Dr Pilcher - have been going to him for years and i now have my daugheter going to him and my friends as well. He takes his time with his patients - you don't feel rushed. You actually feel like you matter to him. He is very thorough and if he feels like he can't handle something he tells you and sends you to someone who can. His staff if very helpful as well. If i really need to get into see him they usually can fit me in.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Pilcher is super friendly and takes the time to answer all your questions. He actually cares about his patients and doesn't just try and get you out the door as quick as possible. My family trusts his expertise so much that he is the only doctor our family will see. I trust him to take care of our kids over any pediatrician in town.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Stephen C. Pilcher's Credentials

• University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Bloomington, IL