Dr. Margaret Haddad

5 1 3.1

You may also like

Rate Dr. Margaret Haddad

Dr. Margaret Haddad's Ratings

I was referred to Dr Haddad by a friend and am very pleased that she has taken me as a patient. I had been looking for a new GP for several years since my doctor retired. The clinic is clean and efficient and the staff are friendly and professional. Dr Haddad is thorough and always on time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2844143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Dr Haddad has been my family doctor for 24 years, my brothers family doctor for 23 years, and my mom's family doctor for about 35 years. She is a wonderful, wonderful doctor, who doesn't just write you a pain killer or anti depressant prescription to get you out of her office. My family is big into naturalistic medicine and holistic remedies, as opposed to letting our bodies be poisoned by the pharmaceutical companies, and Dr. Haddad is great for encourging us to look into those sort of remedies (ie. exercise, yoga, meditation, attending seminars to further educate ourselves). She is a such a lovely person, who legimately cares about not just treating the SYMPTOMS of an illness/pain (As that is most MD's prerogatives), but actually treating the problem. I had a knee injury a few years ago, and instead of just writing me a bunch of pain medications and telling me stay off my feet until it feels better (which would not be beneficial to the healing process at all) she encouraged me to see a physio therapist and to build up the muscles around the knee so that the pain is reduced (as that's what reduces joint pain - building muscle) through non-aggressive forms of exercise. She's the definition of what a doctor should be - concerned about things like your nutrition, your level of exercise, your habits (good or bad) - which unfortunately most MDs don't really care about since they don't learn about that kind of stuff in med school. 5 stars for Dr. Haddad :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2746271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Have been her patient for like 25 years. Always felt grateful. No more. I needed a renewal on an antidepressant and a sleep medication. Called her office to let them know I'd been out of town and needed a fast turn around. That was Tuesday. Got a call today that the Rx were okayed.! This is Friday. The drug store had no idea about the renewal, and so I'm stuck over the weekend with no meds. Rather die in a ditch than have her "care" for me./

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2729905].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Moody!! Not very helpful. Dismissive. Unsympathetic to her patients' pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2454781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

I have so much to say but so little space. she has been my doctor since inception! Long story short i had a serious back injury 4 years ago she forced me back to work! I'm still having back problems she said if i had serious back problems i would be in a wheelchair. she then asked if i know what Pilates is? and i should start doing them. I need to seek medical help from a specialist and i am being denied that opportunity because i cant get a referral from her. i had 3 serious problems to discuss she also discounted that i wanted to see a dermatologist because my acne that i have had for 8years is turning cystic. She said i need to start eating better if i want my acne to clear up. I'm 23 6'3" and 220lbs i'm pretty average size for my body type. She didn't check my temperature or even my blood pressure. she was more concerned with knowing if i had insurance coverage from my work as i was also there to see her about stomach ailments. Time for a new doctor..........one that cares perhaps?

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2454780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Alright so Dr Haddad isnt the friendlest individual on the planet--largely because she wont put up with your sh*t--but she is a strong, intelligent woman and her diagnosis has always been spot on. Are you there to see somebody who will be your buddy or somebody who will fix your problem? She's a good dr.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1778605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2013

I had the unfortunate experience of seeing Dr. Haddad recently (March 2013) at the Albany Medical Clinic. When Dr. Haddad entered the room, I said "hello". Her response? Silence. That certainly set the tone for the rest of the appointment. Ms. Haddad (does not deserve the title Doctor) was rude, cold, unkind, and uncaring. What kind of medical professional doesn't say hello to a patient when they enter the room? Bedside manner aside, Ms. Haddad's medical advice was lazy and lacking. Could never recommend this "doctor" to anyone. Have considered never returning to Albany unless they confirm that she will not be treating me. What a terrible person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1778604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr Haddad's for approx 15 yrs. I have referred my sister, husband, son, friends to her which is a sign of my regard for her as a doctor. Dr Haddad is thorough, she cares, she doesn't make us wait, things don't fall through the cracks, she tells me frankly I need to take better care of myself and refers me to nutritionist etc to help in that process, several times she's taken me the same day which is amazing when you are ill. Dr Haddad is honest, I want my doctor to be honest. I also want my doctor to be direct and thorough, she is both. I also think of her as a friend now, send her cards etc which might be considered weird but again it is a sign of the respect I have for her not only as a doctor but as a person. Anyone who takes care of my family and friends as I believe she does deserves this positive attention. Oh, and take care of yourself Dr H! Keep up the good work! Karen

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1778603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2011

Some people here have to understand that doctors are also people and have bad days. She's been my family doctor for years and I've never had a problem. She's entitled to having bad days like the rest of us. When she's not in a great mood, I often take the time to ask her if she's OK rather than leave and complain about her behind her back. Compassion is a two-way street, not to mention that doctors in Toronto are stretched to the limit and it can affect their mood. I find her to be a great doctor, very efficient and definitely no nonsense! If people took the time to know her, they'd see a woman who is actually very caring. Good job, Dr. Haddad, keep up the good work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1778602].votes_count ]]