Ratings for Dr. Miranda Baxter

I wouldn't recommend Dr. Baxter to my worst enemy. She was rude and condescending and made no attempt to hide the fact that she felt I was wasting her time. I went in for a simple prescription refill and when I told her what medication I was on she didn't say a word and walked out of the room. It was 10 minutes before she returned. She handed me the prescription and again walked out of the room without so much as saying a have a good day. I would rather not see a doctor than see her again.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

I saw Dr. Baxter at a Medi-Centre for a simple prescription renewal to treat anxiety, as I was unable to get an appt with my family doctor before my prescription ran out. A friendly nurse talked to me beforehand and prepared the prescription, so I wasn’t anticipating any issues. Then Dr. Baxter came in. She was extremely rude about granting the refill. She lectured me on not seeing my regular doctor for “brain stuff”, refused to give me a 3 month supply, and basically made me feel like some kind of criminal. It was very upsetting, as I have anxiety about seeing doctors as it is. I tried to explain to her why it was difficult to see my doctor but she didn’t care what I had to say. She also made a point of bringing up my records as if she thought I was lying about something. It was the worst experience I’ve ever had with a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

How Dr.Quackster still has a medical license is beyond me. Extremely rude and condescending. If you are at this Medicenter, take the extra time to wait for Dr.Kelly. People that have anxiety and depression are better off going to a hospital then to see Quackster.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

She found medical issues my family doctor had iverlooked

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

I had a terrible fall. I went to see her . She seemed nice but in a rush. Sent me for X-rays which showed old conditions which she used to blame my new injury pain on. She did not touch or check me for injuries . I left with a bunch of pills. I came back before my next appoint because I was having breathing trouble , she told me I shouldn't be there ,It's wasnt my appt day. She was rude and laughed at my accident . Argued with her to just look at the swelling I had. She became annoyed and accused me of not taking my meds. I told her I refused to take sedatives when I can't breathe well, didn't seem like a good idea. She just gave me more meds . Claimed she wouldn't be there for my next appt day . So I was left with the nurse who filled out my paperwork with mistakes . Absolutely disgusting , I'll never go back.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

She took the time to help me understand what my issue was. And when she could do no more she was offering a specialists. Very nice and I always go back to see her.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Can't rate her performance. Left after waiting for 45 minutes at a clinic she was supposed to be working at. Opened at 9 and by 9:45 she still hadn't even bothered to show up. Fifteen people had been booked in by the front desk staff with no doctor in sight. Extremely unprofessional

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

My wife has chronic migraines including throughout her pregnancy and while breastfeeding. Her obstetrician and family doc had her on codeine (benefits out way the costs). We went to the family walk-in clinic for a prescription refill (which we had done numerous times with other doctors in the same clinic). Dr Baxter listened for about 10 seconds, saw our baby and said if we're breastfeeding her my wife can't have codeine. We explained to her she's been taking it for years and it's the only thing that helps. We told her her other docs had her on it but she didn't care. She was covering her own butt. All she had to do was talk to us for 3 minutes and she would've realized codeine was the only option. She began telling us to use Tylenol and advil and use ice packs. We told her we've done that and seen a neurologist for the migraines. She said there was nothing she could do. I'm a nurse and in situations (like extreme pain) where there could only POSSIBLY be side effects, the cost/benefit ratio is considered. Clearly here, it was better for my wife to not be in extreme pain. Any doc who does a proper assessment would have realized it. Go to her if you want to waste your time and not be listened to.

Submitted September 27, 2015

Was referred to Dr. Baxter via a male GP at a different medi-centre as I wanted a female doctor. For my first visit or two, Dr. Baxter was a bit aloof, however I made the effort to establish a bond with her by asking about her and her family etc. We now have a wonderful relationship. She has been extremely supportive and has no hesitations in referring me to a specialist who has expert knowledge in their field. She is warm, proactive and down to earth. The clinic staff have changed somewhat over the years and I have found that they are getting better slowly. The wait times in the reception area can be excruciating. I try to take a few hrs off work early on a weekday to avoid the insane wait times.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Never had any complaints or long waits. She has been professional and very through.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014