Ratings for Dr. David Berry

Dr. Berry is definitely straight to the point and doesn't have a ton of bedside manner. But he's knowledgeable, caring with my daughter, and I can always get in to see him on very short notice when I need to. I appreciate how softly he speaks with her and gets right at her eye level. And honestly, if it's between friendly chit-chat and a doctor who runs on-time, I'd pick the latter. He makes time for any questions, and that's what's important to me. If my daughter at any point asks for a female doctor, I'll switch, but until then, I'm more than happy to keep her under Dr. Berry's care.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

We have been seeing doc Berry since 2005, I have 2 sons and they both see him. We also were referred from birth at the Grey Nuns. I think he is a good doc but I agree he is not really that friendly. He can come off as rude. Not very personable. I figure my kids are near 12 and 13 so I'll just wait it out and not go elsewhere. You can usually get in ASAP. Both my kids have had health issues since birth so that is why I continue to take them to the pediatrician and for annual check ups. I would recommend finding a nice woman doctor. lol There was an incident in 2015 when my son was really sick and had been to emerg a few times and kept getting sent home and no one was figuring out what was wrong with him and it had been going on for a month. I think we may have had a visit in to Dr. Berry as well in that month. One day doc Berry called me he saw tests had been done and blood work results and asked me what was going on. I told him what had been happening. He told me to take my son to the emerg and told me what tests he wanted done and said I was not to leave emerg and I was to insist that my son get admitted until they figured out what was wrong. My son had a blood/heart infection. Dr. Berry did give me the courage to stand my ground.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

Acted as if he was annoyed we were there. Was very unprofessional in his tone when talking about patients while others were able to hear in the waiting room.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

The reviews made me nervous but have nothing but a pleasant experience with each visit (4-5 visits so far). He is very matter of fact which can be off putting for some but take it at face value. He's been gentle and patient with our girl and explains thing at a level those who do not have a medical background can understand and appreciate

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

I have never seen a worst doctor. Grumpy old man with no patience for kids? Why be a paediatrician . Avoid !!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Wow this is the worst doctor I’ve ever come into contact with... I took my 5wk old baby to see him regarding sever screaming due to discomfort, puking up yellow chunks, choking, body rash & others reasons. He didn’t even look at me when he walked into the room - he ended up straight up asking me “why are you here?” In a very rude, “I don’t have time for this” way. He didn’t listen to me or half of why I was “here” just started being very rough with my little girl. He would ask me “do you or your husband have ___________” And I would say well I’m not sure? And he would say “what do you mean you’re not sure” WELL I didn’t think I needed to get into this but - I’m not sure if there’s a true family history because my husband is adopted.. is that okay with you? Or are you going to continue to judge me and grill me and then act like my responses are redic??? GRRRR. What a awful doctor. Do not waste your time with taking your loved ones to this idiot. He should have his license taken away, due to the reason he dose not give a flying **** about his little patients.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Some may call him straight to the point but to me he's been straight up rude. Came across as very judgemental when he found out I choose to co-sleep and every time I voice my concerns about issues with my daughter he brushes them off. Spoke to him about my suspicions that my newborn had reflux and he insisted I was wrong. Went to my family doctor weeks later because it didn't feel right and right away she diagnosed my LO with reflux and prescribed meds. Looking for another pediatrician ASAP, as a first time parent things are difficult enough without a doctor who doesn't take you seriously and barely takes time to listen to what you have to say.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

I feel like visiting dr. Barry office is like rolling dice sometimes he is in a good mood sometime he is not. His reception has the same cold personality as him they are very hot and cold it drive me crazy. But he was the only one I could get into today. So I took and sure enough his mood was like a rollacoaster his personality of course was clinical and then at the end of the appointment as I am leaving his is like bye as though he was pleasant the whole time. For someone who deals with kids I wouldn't really assume he like them much. He just watched my child asked me question but I wasn't sure he was even listening. But hey I hope it all work out for us and if he is mood dependant which I believe he is I hope pray for change for him because when he is in good mood he is a great doctor!!!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I was in the waiting room with my daughter and grandchildren waiting for another doctor in the same office and witnessed this mom and her child and their behavior. The chaos started before the appointment and I can only imagine in the exam room. This mother encouraged the bad behavior and she continued after they came out with an outburst for everyone to listen too. You owe Dr. Berry and his staff an apology and there is an old saying "the apple doesn't fall from the tree". Your behavior was terrible mom.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

My kids have been seeing Dr Berry from birth, and while his bedside manner hasn't always given me the warm fuzzies, I found him to be knowledgable and friendly enough. I also always appreciated that we could get an appointment in a timely manner, and never had to wait longer than 10 minutes for our appointments. However, today I was appalled at how DR Berry was treating my 3 year old son, and actually left the appointment. My son was nervous about seeing the doctor and as such was hiding in the corner when Dr Berry came in. I informed him that my son was quite nervous today, and Dr Berry says to me "haul him out of the corner", Against my better judgement, I did, which only made my son more upset. Dr Berry then says, TO MY 3 YEAR OLD, why are you so Whiny?? . I said he's not Whiny, he is nervous. DR Berry says it again, and I respond that he's acting like a typical 3 year old who is scared. Dr Berry then says that my sons behaviour is not typical. At this point I have had enough and tell Dr Berry that if he is going to talk to my son like that, then the appointment is over and we will find another doctor. I proceeded to leave the office. Dr Berry didn't even give my son half a moment to become relaxed nor did he do anything to try and reassure my son that everything was ok. This was the worst experience I've ever had with a health professional.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017