Ratings for Dr. Irene M. Boswell

Horrible wait times. Rude staff, including her husband working the reception window because she can't keep staff. I won't be returning

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Boswell by a friend and was initially pleased to get in so quickly as I was having chronic stomach issues. After an examination and 2 bouts of blood work, I was sent to a specialist for a colonoscopy, sent for a mammogram and incurring over $2,000 in doctor bills. But still no answer to my chronic digestive issues. Another issue was that after one blood test I came back to get the results and they wanted ANOTHER $35.00 co-pay. I refused as it was a follow up visit. They sent me to collections for that co-pay and dropped me as a patient. They even got my medications and pharmacy mixed up with another patients chart. The staff is rude and certainly not helpful. If you have an unlimited medical plan, see Dr. Boswell, she will send you to a lot of other doctors to treat your problems.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I have been a patient for years and Dr. B has saved my life and kept me healthy despite numerous complicated health problems. She knows what to look for and always calls to check on how I am doing. No other doctor that I know of does that for patients. It looks like things are back to normal with her staff, and as far as a doctor goes, SHE IS THE BEST IN THE AREA. And believe me, I have experienced many doctors!!!! Maybe a little late every now and then, which is normal for any doctor, but I usually get in an out in 45 minutes to an hour, which is shorter than the specialists I see. Even if she is a few minutes behind the wait is well worth it.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr. Boswell is a wonderful physician and takes the time to get to know and educate patients. She truly cares for her patients (which I find to be her best quality). Her staff, is also very caring and friendly. I would recommend her to anybody.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Submitted January 23, 2015

Dr. Boswell has been my doctor for 3 years, and I will be changing. She was great to begin with, but don't cross either her or her staff with questions or more than one telephone call, or a complaint about the wait time. ( which is at least an hour for every appointment). I wanted to know why I had to come back in to discuss my blood work this year, and not last year, the nurse is so rude, she said because there are problems!! So when I came in for my appointment after 2 hours waiting, I had to leave for a meeting, the office girl was so rude about me having to leave, and I asked to have Dr Boswell call me, she said no, I have to come in. As of today (2 weeks later, I have called twice, and no return call) and I have made another appointment the first one I could get is 1 1/2 months from now, which I am going to cancel, because I am going to find a new doctor. I think she has too many patients to see in a 3 1/2 day work week since she only works 1/2 days on Wednesdays and no Fridays or Saturdays.

Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr. Boswell is the most caring physician I have ever had. She often calls you at home if you have had an illness or a change in medicine. She will take all the time needed to discuss your health, and because of this you might have to wait to get in to see her. I think that the wait is well worth the tradeoff of being able to talk to her as long as necessary. Her staff has changed recently and all are very caring ahd helpful also.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2012

Terrible wait times. Not responsive to patient input. Will terminate service for no reason. Dr. needs to have her licensed revoked because the office cares more about making a buck than the patient. Recent changes now "require" her to see you every 3-6 months or she won't keep you as a patient. I don't have the money, or the wait time (last visit took 3 hrs) to see her every 3 months just so she can make a fat house payment.

Submitted December 9, 2011

makes patient wait over 50 minutes in small room - support staff short tempered with questions - just unfriendly and nill on customer service - - office hours are few, closed alot

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Doc Boswell is very caring and easy to talk to. She doesn't waste time making decisions or "keeping an eye" on things, she takes action to get the patient well. Her nurses are all very friendly and experienced. This doctor has called me on my cell phone on a SUNDAY to see how I was recovering from an illness!!! She's awesome.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

Dr. Irene M. Boswell's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1991)