Ratings for Dr. Karyn Karlin

Beware - I believe Dr. Karlin is in the business of extracting as much money as possible from you & your insurance. I went in to talk about headaches ($50 co-pay, which was fine). She ordered tests that I had to come back for ($50). Then I had to come back again for the interpretation of the exams ($50). Then, of course, the medicine she suggested wasn't in stock - so she wanted me to come back again for that ($50). When I told her I'd just prefer a prescription instead of the injection, she became very rude and started lecturing me on politics ("Maybe you should vote for someone that allows doctors to make more money instead of having you come back multiple times so we get it through office visit billing.") I was floored. I asked for the prescription, to which she said, I am only giving you 30 days worth. You'll have to come in again (another $50) to get a refill from me. I don't like her attitide and I would not recommend. She's there to make money - patient is not first priority.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Giving 23.45 hours notice that I couldn't meet my appointment the next day, I was told immediately that I'd be billed $75 as a "no show" by Dr. Karlin. Bad enough. However, I received a notice from her billing office that the charge was $150. Called was told that Dr. Karlin wrote "charge this patient $150"...clearly says on the bottom of the statement "failure to give a minimum of 24 hrs. notice...would result in a charge of $75." Something is definitely wrong with this entire practice, and after reading the negatives, once you become a patient, I count my blessings that I was unable to being a dr./patient relationship. Something is very wrong here. Beware. I don't blame the staff, they're following the arbitrary orders from above. But, again, beware. So elseware.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

Dr. Karlin has been rude, and she has also been unknowledgeable in regards to some of my medication. Her lack of knowledge with my medication resulted in terrible effects on my body. In addition, she has exhibited unprofessional behavior.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008

Dr. Karyn Karlin's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1989)

Workers Comp