Ratings for Dr. Gerd Schneider

So "Liz" the secretary is problematic. If you leave a message, she gets mad at you for not being detailed. Leave a detailed message, and she says you talk too much and says she therefore ignored it. OMG. She reminds me of "Rozz" on Monsters Inc but more crotchety. Compliment her profusely and you get the time of day, otherwise you get the standard attitude - crotchety -. It should not have to be like that and frankly, I'm too busy to play these games.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Schneider has been my doctor since I first arrived in Ottawa in 1976 (41years). We've aged together. A great guy! I hope he doesn't retire too soon as he is an "old school" doctor. Liz, his staff member, has a rough exterior and needs to learn how to smile. She's not my cup of tea as we Brits say.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

we love Dr.Scneider! he's been taking care of our family for the last 8 years..very knowledgeable and sympathetic... has a gentle touch with kids (our kids adore him!)

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

The most patient, considerate, and available family doctor in the city.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Dr. Schneider is knowledgable and empathetic. I like that he is supportive of a more "natural" route, as another commenter said. He is supportive of midwifery. He doesn't over-prescribe. I have had nothing but great experiences with him. The receptionist is unfriendly and makes me uncomfortable with calling to make an appointment with Dr. Schneider, so that is why I give one star.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I really like Dr. Schneider. He is knowledgable and is very supportive of midwifery and going the more "natural" route.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

An exceptional doctor, one who lives the Hippocratic oath with great sincerity!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Dr Schneider is 18 years our family doctor and we are so happy to have him

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Not particularly impressed. He's very nonchalant in general and I feel as though hes very dismissive of my problems. In terms of getting a reffered to a specialist goodluck! He's almost never willing to make the referral. Liz can be a nightmare but if you suck up to her she will treat you great.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Most of his recommendations involve doing nothing, with little apparent deliberation going into them. I can understand taking a non-interventionist approach, but this is extreme. Maybe it's that he doesn't seem to seriously consider what you have to say. Plus, like lots of others have said, his secretary is absolutely horrid.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Dr. Gerd Schneider's Credentials

• U of Toronto (Grad. 1970)

MSP/BC Med