Ratings for Dr. Gerd Schneider

Dr. Schneider is knowledgable and empathetic. I like that he is supportive of a more "natural" route, as another commenter said. He is supportive of midwifery. He doesn't over-prescribe. I have had nothing but great experiences with him. The receptionist is unfriendly and makes me uncomfortable with calling to make an appointment with Dr. Schneider, so that is why I give one star.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I really like Dr. Schneider. He is knowledgable and is very supportive of midwifery and going the more "natural" route.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

An exceptional doctor, one who lives the Hippocratic oath with great sincerity!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Dr Schneider is 18 years our family doctor and we are so happy to have him

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Not particularly impressed. He's very nonchalant in general and I feel as though hes very dismissive of my problems. In terms of getting a reffered to a specialist goodluck! He's almost never willing to make the referral. Liz can be a nightmare but if you suck up to her she will treat you great.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Most of his recommendations involve doing nothing, with little apparent deliberation going into them. I can understand taking a non-interventionist approach, but this is extreme. Maybe it's that he doesn't seem to seriously consider what you have to say. Plus, like lots of others have said, his secretary is absolutely horrid.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

The secretary "LIZ" is the meanest and rudest person I have ever encountered. I'm left shocked every time. So loud and obnoxious too. It takes her a while to understand anything anyone says, and she yells at you like you are in the wrong, when in fact, she just never gets it. Seems to always blame everyone for everything. She is in the wrong line of work and I think that Dr. Shnieder should fire her. He is a good doctor, especially for young people, but because of "LIZ", I would recommend staying away. Her tone, attitude, demeanour is akin to "Rozz" in Monsters Inc, but worse. Zero people skills. Zero.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

we love dr. schneider. we have been using him for our family doctor for 14yrs and have no complaints. sometimes the laid back attitude makes me wonder if he misses stuff, but so far we haven't had any problems. the secretary is HORRIBLE. and like another reviewer here, we most often these days go to the after hours clinic just to avoid her. she is IMPOSSIBLE to talk to and is VERY RUDE and completely unhelpful. we wish she would move on and stop being in between us and our favorite doctor. (i have a husband and 3 kids aged 14, 8, 6). LOVE the fact that he is open and fairly knowledgeable about natural remedies - and that he doesn't overprescribe.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2011

Dr. Schneider's laid back attitude has been both beneficial at times yet sometimes a little stressful. He seems to manage to put us at ease about most concerns, but sometimes I worry that he overlooks things. He's overall a very enjoyable and knowledgeable person. His admin. person however is absolutely intolerable. I've never experienced such an unpleasant receptionist in any field. I've witnessed her snapping at patients, rolling her eyes in plain view as she talks very condescendingly to patients calling in. She is one of the main reasons our family often resorts to walk in clinics. It's a shame that someone with such a poor attitutde is hired as frontline for a medical practice, where sensitivity and kindness goes a long way. I've spoken with others while in the waiting room who shared similar appallment.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

Missed my daughter's autism and later my son's speech impediment, telling me politely that I was imagining both. Reached his conclusion about my son based on my son responding in kind to a monosyllabic greeting. Never went back after I mentioned I was doing very well on a low-dose SSRI for severe reactive depression and he recommended I go off them cold turkey, with no background information whatsoever. Offers no follow-up when tests are positive. Heard receptionist speak very condescendingly to other parents while waiting my turn.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

Dr. Gerd Schneider's Credentials

• U of Toronto (Grad. 1970)